scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I got in 8 miles today! Woohoo!

exercise.png

• angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    3/1- 9 miles running

I'm really happy about my start to this month! I was able to ignore the snow then rain and finish my run. :D

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Just 100 for me this month please.

OK I will match you at this level 100 miles for me too please!
    Proud of you Chris. Well done you

Walked 6.97 miles today

TTD 6.97
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Starting off a wet March with a 4.1 mile walk

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian: Do you use your Gatorskins 25s year round or only during winter months?I hear they are great for this weather because of the puncture resistance but lots of complaints about a slower ride.

@clepant‌ - I use the Gatorskins year round. The extra few grams of weight will not slow you down. The new studies are showing the 25s may actually be faster than the 23s for a couple of reasons. The first is you have more contact with the pavement so you can corner faster. The second is total air in the tire is more meaning you have more cushion. You would think that would slow you down and it will over a short distance. However, it reduces fatigue over long distance making it so you can keep a greater effort over longer distance and improve your overall speed. The 25s also don't get pinch flats as often. I wasn't paying attention last week and hit a big rock (don't look at the clouds coming in when you should be looking at the road). I did get a flat but the extra air kept me from bending the rim.

@sufferlandrian: I did hear they corner well. Do you underinflate your tires? Someone told me that you should not inflate these to full pressure. Yep....those clouds will get you every time..... :) Thanks for the info. I bought a Trek Lexa SLX in June of 2013 and did my first sprint tri on it. I am doing my third this year and hope to do a century ride. So I am just getting back into cycling with a much better road bike then my college Swinn Continental.
  • clepant
    Options
    An we hit the month running with 2 hours of snow shoveling....yes.....nice weight training.
    March 1: 10.5 miles walking 4.5 and elliptical for 6 miles

TTD: 10.5 miles

exercise.png
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    120 miles this month
  • clepant
    Options
    @JTH11706 Congrats on your half marathon! Woweee....it sounds like it was a hot one!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,945 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian: Do you use your Gatorskins 25s year round or only during winter months?I hear they are great for this weather because of the puncture resistance but lots of complaints about a slower ride.

@sufferlandrian: I did hear they corner well. Do you underinflate your tires? Someone told me that you should not inflate these to full pressure. Yep....those clouds will get you every time..... :) Thanks for the info. I bought a Trek Lexa SLX in June of 2013 and did my first sprint tri on it. I am doing my third this year and hope to do a century ride. So I am just getting back into cycling with a much better road bike then my college Swinn Continental.

@clepant‌
    How did the guy at the bike shop put it? Just because it says you can inflate it to 100 psi doesn't mean you have to. :smile: I usually run 95 on the front and 90 on the back but I'm a heavier guy so that helps to keep me from getting flats. The tire has a bit more flexibility when running over things.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

3/01

Exercise bike 40.86 miles and walk 1.25 miles

Total 42.11 miles for today

42.11 miles done and 957.89 miles to go.... :)
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 90 miles this month.
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    4 miles today
    156 miles to go
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Adding 4 miles.
    [img][/img]
    exercise.png

Here's my quote of the day for you @ss Movers!
    tumblr_n0fnzghTqP1sr9vtpo1_1280.png
  • clepant
    Options

@clepant‌
    How did the guy at the bike shop put it? Just because it says you can inflate it to 100 psi doesn't mean you have to. :smile: I usually run 95 on the front and 90 on the back but I'm a heavier guy so that helps to keep me from getting flats. The tire has a bit more flexibility when running over things.

@sufferlandrian: Thanks for answering my questions. I usually keep mine under the psi too. Be careful with those clouds.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 1.81 mile walk
    5.6 miles exercise bike

oJjKm6.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,303 Member
    Options
    3/1 5.50 mile run / 5.50 bike ride

11 miles of 200 miles
  • clepant
    Options
    Have a great Monday!
    uzelgxgi5llk.jpg
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    A very nice way to start off March. A nice ride and was able to get further away from home as the weather was so nice. I like getting out there further and mixing things up a bit. I ran into my friends today, I have come to the conclusion that if people don't like what I use for a 'road bike', they can 'eff off'! Got a little 'bird flipping' in Dave, I was polite, I smiled first.

Goal: 175 miles

03/01 - 12.0 miles cycling

Total: 12.0 miles

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 4 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.