Spring into Action for March!

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
OK Hatters... welcome to March!

and to our theme of focusing on MOVING OUR PARTS this month (along with any and all other goals we may each have of course!)

If you're comfortable posting your specific movement goals/challenges you've set for the next 31 days, please do - and we'll all support and encourage each other in any individual efforts.

if you'd rather not opt for a specific goal, or if you're just not comfy posting it, that's perfectly okay too! This group is all about a place where we can be free to be honest, and free of any of the "outside world" judgements or criticisms - and free to do what we want and what's right for each of us! support, encouragement and a few laughs along the way is what we're all about, right??

So let's bring it on, my friends.. thoughts, ideas, opinions, goals, personal challenges, and let's move our parts as much as we can this month!!

1yz6wcoru45b.jpg

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Snooozie for getting us started for this month - you're the best!
    I need to spend a wee bit more time this AM thinking of my goals to post, so , as Arnold would say, "I'll be back"
  • Snooozie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank YOU Susan for the perfect pics - I've saved them all to reprint thru our Spring into Action month!
    -
    I've decided for me, i'm going to set weekly goals, because movement/exercise is something I personally struggle with, I want to be able to track my progress AND increase the challenge to myself each consecutive week in this area. I found an excellent article on the importance of moving as we age - it's in the interesting reads topic. Would love to read any related info anyone might feel inclined to share as well btw!

I weighed in this morning for a baseline to start this month of action (no change) and reset my MFP goals and macros for the next 30 days to reflect my weight loss goal for this month as well.

These are my movement goals for the next 7 days of the Spring into Action plan. i'll be tracking my results in my exercise notes.

Week 1 goals: (2)
    :D burn 500 calories this week specifically from cardio exercise.
    :D incorporate movements from strength training, flexibility and/or balance exercises for at least 10 minutes every day.

Thanks to everyone who committed to the event challenge for this month btw! :D

• kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your positive enthusiasm! It's March 1 and snowing. Again. It's Maryland. If we can make it to March, we can usually see some hope of Spring. I have an idea for a hit comedy show in Canada. It'll consist entirely of people driving in the snow in southern states in the U.S. You'll laugh so hard you'll cry! There's no snow accumulation yet. Why is everyone driving 10 m.p.h. with their hazard lights flashing?? Everything is closed - no church, no gym. Can you tell I've had enough?? I'm forcing myself to look forward and plan for March. Better tracking, more consistent work-outs and moving more in general. This, too, shall pass!
  • Snooozie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lkxias88npo8.jpg
    yscqu90znmqo.jpg

a pic for kobie.. and a pic for Susan LOL!

lol @ kobie - nice to see ya !! I can relate to the winter blahs - two more snowstorms scheduled for this week! BUT I won't let winter win LOL - spring is only 21 days away come hell or high water and i'm hanging on to that to keep me pumped and motivated for this months movement theme! Lovely to have you aboard KM and look forward to hearing your progress on your 3 plans for this month - let's do it in defiance of winter lol!

Hit the gym this morning to get my weeks goal started! s0819.gif
    -
    p.s. the "spring into action" event shows to the right of our home MMH page - in case anyone wants to click in for motivation, but not necessary at all of course! (I really just wanted to see how the event thing worked so figured what the heck... why not use it to say I'm in!
    s0819.gif

• milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, sorry that I was mia last week. Tough week with life, glad to start a new week and new month. Yes, Snoozie lets spring into action. I am all for moving our parts this month. I will set goals one week at a time. two acchomplishment for last week, Saturday I weigh in without gaining or losing) and Ladies I am now officially completed with my masters not an easy feat for me. My goals is to stay under calories so of course do my diary and to end the week with atleast one pound under or no over. Oh yeah increase fluids. I did do a great job in increasing fluids this weekend, and moving those parts, Lets spring into action. Have a nice day ladies.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    p0317.gif
    HUGE accomplishment on completing your Masters Milove... superb! Congrats!!

and very happy to see you'll be joining in on the "spring into action" theme of moving our parts more - sounds like you got a great start on the weekend too so looking forward to these next 4 weeks of seeing lots of results from our move yer parts efforts!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article, Snoozie. I'm going to try to wear my pedometer more and make more of an effort to get steps in outside of actual "exercise". It's not just the steps that will be the challenge, but remembering to wear my pedometer!

Congratulations on completeing the masters, Milove!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
    I will be doing weekly goal >> I easily get overwhelmed (lately)

Week 1 goals ~
    *Move each day @least 20-30 mins > more if can
    *Continue with 30 day Ab challenge
    *Make good food choices
    *Get @least 8-9 hours sleep

Looking forward to Springing into Action!!! :smiley:
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    A belated welcome to Smilebhappy!!
    Yay!! to Milove on finishing your Masters. I admire anyone that can manage finishing school along with everyday life.
    Snoozie, I just about lost it when scrolling down to Arizona'a winter storm....you crack me up . I love it!!
    A pedometer will be a great addition to your goals, Vailara. I once had a fitbit, but I killed it in the washer and dryer....I am still trying to get over it...lol
    Kobie, that is an actual comedy show down here in Mississippi...We shut down the whole town at the mere mention of snow!! lol
    Seehe, I love the Spring into action month!1 I am all in!!

Great goals, everyone!! b0247.gif

I went ahead and put down my 1 pound loss that kept yo-yo ing ...Now I am all in to make it two pounds...that will be new ground that I am excited to cover..
    My goals are to keep up with my exercise. I feel confident that I can get in 30 - 60 minutes 4 or 5 days.... Fridays are either nothing done or I can get in 60min. at one sitting....
    My extra "Spring into action" event is to better plan my eating....the toughest one for me after I get home... So I am trying to plan and prep some eats for the week nights.

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Milove! What a huge accomplishment!

My goals are always the same...it's a case of "it's not you, it's me" with them though. So this month I'm going to get back to basics. I'm going to be as accurate as I was when I first started MFP; weighing and measuring and logging absolutely everything.

1. Log everything accurately
    2. Movement of some type for at least 30 minutes everyday
    3. At least 64 oz of water daily
    4. Add more weight training
    5. Add different veggies to my repertoire

Let the games begin!!! (I started the month off with an eleven mile walk yesterday and my usual five today!)
  • seehe
    Options
    Milove - Congratualtions!!! A Masters Degree is quite an accomplishment!!!9.gif
  • seehe
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Snooozie- ROFL~Love the AZ storm photo!
    b0230.gif

Here's a photo I saw someone post on FB which gave me a chuckle, too :)

a8g5p0m96sa7.jpg
  • seehe
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks like everyone is ready to spring into action this month with some great goals- yay Hatters!!!!!

In general, my action plan for the month is to increase the amount of days I do intentional exercise, and to stick to my nutrition plan more consistently.

Specifically, I have been exercising once to twice a week lately, so I wish to increase it to 3 x a week in the first week or two and get up to 4-5 days by the end of the month. Also, when I am out running errands, I am intentionally parking at the far end of the parking lot to get in more steps. For my nutrition, my specific goal is to eat at least 25% of my daily calories in protein and stay in the green zone calorie wise 6 days out of each week.

So I was all proud of myself today cause I squeezed in the time to walk the dogs and the minute we headed out there was a light sprinkling of rain, but I persevered to get my exercise in, but after about ten minutes it started pouring!!! t111018.gif

We tried seeking shelter under a tree, but after waiting at least ten minutes without it letting up, we gave up and got soaked walking homet111008.gif
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Susan and Snoozie you crack me up!

Susan. ...never thought you would get the hideous weather. ....but I would take April Showers over the ice snow and polar vortex here in Jersey.

Snoozie...getting ready to send this weather out to sea. ...not to Canada. Can I send you the geese back? Lol. ...

Congrats milove.

I know what you mean about the scale Gail.

I've made the adjustment:( on mine.

I've also changed my calorie count back to 1 pound per week loss. The. 5 setting made me gain weight:(.

Welcome aboard to the new members.

We're looking for a wintry mix today followed by heavy rain Wednesday and more accumulating snow Thursday.

Sending out an APB for Elsa Jack Frost and Puxatanty Phil. ... lol

Talk to you soon
    Carol
  • Snooozie
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Morning Hatters! A quick catch up first:

Vailara - excellent idea on adding the steps along with! glad you enjoyed the article; it was a good read for me as well!
    -
    Smile: I've chosen weekly goals and kept them relatively small but challenging for me for exactly the same reason; I become overwhelmed and then pack it all in and give up if I set too many or set them too high - hard to find the balance between making it a bit of a challenge but not throwing me off; so weekly ones give me a chance to see me succeed and then progress so good on ya! Your goals for the week sound idea; and I see youre already doing a 30 day ab challenge so you're rocking the Spring in Action - well done!:D

Kobie - how goes the battle with snow and winter??? hanging in??

Gail - i'm so glad you logged your loss girl! you EARNED it.. and I see from today's post on your page you DID FABULOUS today on the bike!! Moving our parts every day is so much more important at this stage of our lives and you're doing all kinds of great for your bod even outside of the mega cal burn so huge congrats!! Great idea too to do some planning for those times you know can be a bit of a challenge at home!

Suzy - wowsa excellent goals for the spring into action month - well done you!!!! And HELL of a start with an 11 mile walk -double wowsa !!!!! looking forward to hearing how the addition of weight training goes; I started a wee bit for this month and im feeing it lol! As for the veggies; I discovered I love swiss chard; never had it before but found a simple recipe with some sautéed onions and bacon added in and it was super yummy!! Kinda like a mild spinach (of course, everythings better with bacon lol.. but I only used one slice!)

Susan - glad u liked the pic; couldn't help it when I stumbled on it... and have to agree, I wouldn't be answering the phone either!! Specially today when we're sched for another freezing rain/snowstorm which just happens to coincide with starting when I leave for work, and ending after I come home.. sigh!! Love your goals re increasing the intentional exercise (that was the word I was looking for when setting mine but couldn't think of btw so thank you.. intentional as opposed to that from regular activity) and awesome idea on the parking lot maneover! I read that before going down to the gym this morning and took the stairs down (but not back up 7 flights I admit lol). And so good about the protein goal - so important for women to get enough - look forward to hearing how it's going thru the month! (sowwy about the rain btw lol. but im sure u burned extra cals drying them and you off before going in!)

Carol: looks like you've got a good handle on your calorie goals for this month! are you planning any goals for the move the parts spring into action challenge for this month (I scrolled back through but not sure if I missed a post so just checking in case I did miss it and didn't want to not acknowledge it - my menopausal brain is a bit foggy these days!!)

I'm on track with my goals for this first week of the Spring into Action challenge and feeling good albeit a few twinges from body parts that haven't moved in a while LOL!!

Week 1 goals: (2)
    :D burn 500 calories this week specifically from cardio exercise.
    (At 308 to date)
    :D incorporate movements from strength training, flexibility and/or balance exercises for at least 10 minutes every day
    (done: balance and/or ST and/or flexibility both days so far!)

I'd just like to say a huge well done to everyone btw - we're all DOING something to make our goals happen and that's a huge success in it's own - let's keep it up - we can do anything for just 30 days!!!

ljbn58zi0edy.jpg

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Snoozie...

My main goal is to stay within the calories... zumba every Mon and Fri - unless they're closed or the weather is crap or I have an appt...

My second goal is to walk Saturdays - if there isn't too much snow / ice on the ground - I can always put on a jacket... this would be an additonal moving...

By the time I would leave the base - about 6:30 pm / getting home about 7:30 plus getting ready for work the next day... when the weather gets warmer will add walking the base on Wednesday / Thursday...

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    awesome carol - will mentally add the Saturday walk to my mind list of everyone's goals so I can remember it LOL.. !!
    -
    Would like to say thanks again to Susan btw for coming up with the "move your parts" challenge for this month - I know we're only a few days in but am already looking forward to seeing everyone's results at the end of the month!! ROCK ON ladies!! :D
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    So far so good. I went to "instability" ball class today (had to log it as Pilates) and it really drove home how badly I need more core work. I need to post a "missing" flyer for my abdominal muscles...they are MIA for sure! It was discouraging to say the least but I'm going to stick with it and maybe find them again somewhere down the road.

Have been meeting my goals so far and I'm feeling motivated! Let's hope the scale reflects that soon!

Well done ladies...March is off to a great start for everyone!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy - well done you!!!!! and if you're going to put up a flyer, could you add mine to it too pls???? I am trying to do "a" plank in my strength training exercises; today I managed a whole 8 seconds holding ONE.. omg... BUT we're doing something about it so yay us!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Snoozie, we had to do planks on the stability ball this morning. I was shaking and wobbling all over the place! Yay us for trying!