Like Minded Lushes March 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
I can't believe it is March already. Since I am a lot Irish, It will be a good month for celebration. I hope you are all doing well. Summer is just around the corner. I need to get it together soon if I am not going to be a beached whale in Jamaica.

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    March?! :noway:

Too much champagne last night :s definitely a zero today and zeros until Thursday.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Right...already March! Crazy!

Kate, I'm so sorry about your kitty and I hope that you & Lenny are doing ok. That is so hard. My heart goes out to you.

Robin, I'm a lot Irish too...and I LOVE the month of March! I'm also very happy that next weekend is daylight savings time so it will start getting nicer! Then I can take my little Gemma on long evening walks so she gets nice & tired!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Just popping in to say "HI". I hope everyone is doing well. Still lushy and telling hubs that I just need to stop for awhile because I have to actually fit in a wedding dress in April that doesn't really fit.

I have been dabbling in homecare doing lab draws for a drug study and will be at Sam's club next weekend doing a health screening (kind of an oxymoron there).

I do have a funny story about an alcoholic patient I had yesterday. He was super shaky and anxious to be out of the hospital because he wanted a cigarette. So, the guy is trying to jump out of the wheelchair before I can get the pedals moved, nearly falls. Then, I am joshing with him telling him to get out of here and he walks into the glass door. OMG!!

I am def ready for Spring and on SPD, it will be my 25th wedding anniversary. No big plans but Ron did buy me a very nice new diamond.

Take Care!!

Kim

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We are still enjoying our early spring in the Pac NW. I need to get back into my routine, get in some zeros, exercise etc. Hope everyone has a great March!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Taking Ollie to his new potential home wasn't too bad on saturday, I kept my composure and he seemed to do ok. Yesterday morning I was a friggin mess and feel so sad and really miss him. He hasn't eaten as of yesterday afternoon or used the box. I haven't gotten an update yet today, but I am so worried about him. I know it takes cats a while to get settled in and I hope he relaxes soon.

Friday-3 manhattans and 1/2 bottle of wine
    Saturday-4 beers, 3 cocktails and 2 shots
    Sunday-1/2 bottle of wine
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Good to see you Kim. Happy anniversary!
    Awww kate...I hope Ollie settles down soon. In the meantime I know how worried you must be. :\
    I moderated on Friday night with just some wine...but Saturday the husband and I got into the tequila.. :noway: so Sunday was a 0.
    20 more days until the son is home and we go on a Spring Break vacation. I need to log some 0's and drop a few lb's before trying on that bathing suit. :\
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Kate, my heart is just breaking for you. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. I hope that you get an update on him soon & then you can rest at ease that he is with good people and a happy, loving home.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Poor Ollie :'( I hope he adjusts soon <3

Not much here, got more snow yesterday but it's supposed to be warm most of the week and by warm I mean above freezing, it's sad when 32 degrees feels warm outside now.

I've been hitting the workouts hard and this is my "rest" week which just means I'll just be riding the bike. I think I'll just do that and not add any extra because I think my body needs a tiny break. Seeing the scale down about 10 pounds is great motivation to keep going though. As for booze…

Sunday - 0

Will be another today.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I got a text this afternoon AND Ollie has eaten, used his box AND even came out for some pets....this makes me so happy and so much more relaxed!!! Seems like he is going to adjust before we do!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    I'm so glad you got some good news, Kate! Yay for Ollie! It's nice the people who took him in are keeping you guys in the loop!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 drinks
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Glad the update is good for Ollie:)
    We had a great time in New Zealand-we zorbed (3x) saw dolphins, swam with fur seals, took a helicopter to a glacier hike, glow worm caves and water falls and all kinds of adventures. The stop in Tahiti was nice. I loved the over water hut, it was the nicest place we stayed!
    I was lushy the whole time, I don't think I had one 0 day! I might try a few 0s and trying to get in some runs before I have the St. Patty's 7k. The scale had bad news for me this morning!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Great to see you Kim. We miss you.
    Kate, I am glad Ollie is adjusting
    Amy I am still so jealous. Your trip sounds amazing.
    the weather here is great and Bodi is getting lots of walks.
    Kat I am sorry it is so cold.
    Sidney I giggled when I saw that you were counting the days until your son comes home.

My blood pressure is officially under control and I have lost 11 pounds by the doc's scale. I will continue to try to get in more exercise. No zeros for me but I have cut down quite a bit.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Amy your trip sounds super awesome!! Welcome back!!!
    Robin-11lbs and BP under control....that some good stuff, keep it going!!!

The people that took Ollie are good people. I hope he continues to adjust and I hope they don't get frustrated if its not quick enough...cats are weird like that, creatures of habit!!! This is a trial stay for him, but I can't imagine them not wanting to keep him, he is such a sweetie, just a little skitzy!
    It is still really hard for us and I wish that we could have kept him, but I know this situation will be better for him in the long run. The house is so weird...everything is so weird not having him around!!

Monday-2 bourbon and cokes...drinking helps settle my mind and sleep!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sorry to bore you, but I just got an Ollie update....
    I got a text that the woman's BIL spent the night and Ollie slept with him part of the night. I honestly cannot believe it and I am so super happy he appears to be adjusting!! Tis all...thanks :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    you're not boring us kate...that's AWESOME news!! :D
    OMG Amy..that sounds so amazing!! Tahiti is definitely on my bucket list. I'm super jealous.
    Robin, congrats on the good Dr. news! Spring is a time for new beginnings..sounds like you and bodi are both feeling recharged.
    I drank wine last night....still have some left although I put quite a bit of the red into the pot roast slow cooker this morning. I'll probably finish it up as long as I get in some exercise again today.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Great news about Ollie :#

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've managed a few zeros since last time. There just seems to be booze in the house all the time!! I need to get over the making up for 9 months thing.... We had friends in town 2 weeks ago and then went out first time without kids and I got pretty schmamered both nights. Then this past Saturday night I had a little too much wine. So I really am going to try to not keep wine in the house. I just drink it....till it's gone. My weight loss has also stalled so cutting back some on the booze will help for sure. Planning on a 0 tonight and tomorrow at least and try to keep the weekend drinking to around 4 drinks or less.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Made the final payment on Jamaica today. Yay!!! Only 5 ounces of red wine last night. go me!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Soooooo you know I'm dedicated to my fitness when I don't even have wine after finding a huge f*ckin' gouge in my car from someone :angry: Have to call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can fix it or have a relationship with someone who can. Thursday and my wine cannot come soon enough, fuming >=|