Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    6000 yards (120 laps). ~2 hours. Still a little slower than average. I guess I'm still recovering from the Sunday 10K.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Nice work, Everybody!!! Looking forward to Monday - I'll finally be back in pretty much every day.....
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I didn't go swimming yesterday. I got busy at home. I regret not going now. Ill have to remember that next time I decide not to go swimming. I will regret that decision later.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2.5 km 58 min including 3 or 4 pauses fiddling with and restarting my music player as it kept going off.
    I'd say the sprints are definitely already having a beneficial effect on my long swims, having only done 2 sprint sessions thus far!
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    After 3 week break for a knee op I went back in the pool yesterday and did 24 lengths, mixing up breaststroke and freestyle and then today did 30 again mixing up breaststroke and freestyle. Hoping to increase by 6 lengths every time I go. Took a little bit of practice to get the breathing right again without panicking! Oh, and thanks to all who post on here, you gave me a little bit of a fix for my addiction to swimming!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @ Tamois - Impressive for being off 3 weeks with a knee op. Nice goal to have a modest length increase so you don't over do it and tweak the knee
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    2 miles @ 68 minutes
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Lessons. 700 m of drills.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    30 min, sprints warm up/down
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Back and forth, over and over. I started out in a lane alone (boring!). I was getting ready to get out when two other swimmers joined. Then a fourth. Boy am I a social being. Even though we were pretty much only swimming, not chatting, I love circle swimming when there are people at my pace. Not my best swim, but fun!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Did my morning starter. 6000 yards. :)
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1600m - all alone in a 50m lane that was wide enough for 4 people side by side.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    1600m - all alone in a 50m lane that was wide enough for 4 people side by side.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yep, finally, though because I did Body Combat and a cycle earlier in the day, it was not a good swim! I did 50 lengths, but it took me 55 minutes due to slowness, stopping to chat, water breaks, my arms feeling like lead... I am a twit! Snore.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Awesome, as always, Everybody!!!! No swim today, but starting tomorrow I'm back to it daily - I should get 5 days in this week....
  • AquaticQuests
    edited March 2015
    Options
    30 min of sprints, warm up and warm down
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Ya! Peer Pressure as a power for good!
    Where did you go, Noel?

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    2 miles @ 65 minutes
  • Macstraw
    Options
    I did, indeed, swim today :D All freestyle (in yards): 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 14 minutes...

Plan (tentatively) is to stick to freestyle this week to shake the rest of the rust off & start doing IM's next week, although if I'm feeling strong enough Thursday or Friday I might move the timetable up.....
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    I did, indeed, swim today :D All freestyle (in yards): 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 14 minutes...

Plan (tentatively) is to stick to freestyle this week to shake the rest of the rust off & start doing IM's next week, although if I'm feeling strong enough Thursday or Friday I might move the timetable up.....

Welcome back Mac, and I'm pretty sure you did not cover that yardage in 14 min. Lol