Please join us

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    qitgkus4ig0i.jpg

Here is the resort which we stayed at in Jamaica.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    r6fgd14zqfzs.jpg

Me on the beach.

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    L- this site frustrates me. I don't log food anymore since it takes forever since the site is so slow. I always get the spinning wheel of death and I can't get anywhere. Same with posting. I swear I post and then it isn't there. When I enter weight loss it doesn't register it or report it correctly. The only reason I come on this site anymore is to talk to everyone on this thread. Venting done! Hope you are doing well. Back traveling for your job?

Marla- You sound discouraged with Zach and school. Hang in there! Winter blahs don't help us either. We are getting more snow tonight and high winds. I really need spring to arrive. March is our worse month and we had a snow day last April. So still some winter to endure :(

Shirley-welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice time in Jamaica. What was the name of your resort and what part of Jamaica was it located? So sorry about your water situation. So much for relaxing on your trip when you have to come home and have major house stuff to deal with. Think about your grand baby to bring a smile to your face <3

Amy- Are you working a lot? Obviously still winter up in AK too. It's been a long one. How is your eating plan and exercising going?

Ang- How's the new job and the people you work with?

We bought a steam mop to clean our bamboo floors. I've tried it and think I will be pleased. We've had a dry winter and the floor boards have separated in places near the baseboards. I'm worried that they won't expand again. I'll be so upset if we spent the money and this floor ends up looking bad due to our dry climate. Hopefully the humidifier on furnace will help and summer heat/humidity will help.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Shirley - oh no! What a pain to come home to that.

L - I agree - grrrrr - I really dislike a lot of the structural changes that have been made to this site - meh

Jenny - we had relatively nice day and it's back to low temps and freezing drizzle. Ugh.

Neat Columbus moment - two students from our Columbus High (and former ILS kiddos) were chosen out of only 300 nationwide to be in the National Mixed All States choir that gathered in Utah last week. Pretty awesome. Go small town USA
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    the other day at the grocery store I saw a young dad helping fix his little girl's earring and just thought it was so sweet. I have no idea why it struck me like that - but it just made go all, "awwwww" <3
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So I officially turned in my gym membership (after paying the fee as it was within my first year.) I told myself I would get up in time to workout before work, I've overslept every day this week. Sigh. Need to get back at it.

Spent the evening cleaning, but I can see my desk again! Now I can go to bed and get up in the morning knowing my living room is clean (and so is my kitchen)

One bad thing about my work place, there is one to many places to go into and getting something to eat! My old place there was a couple, but being just off of one the busiest streets in the city, well there are a lot more options. Not good for me! I honestly thought tonight that I should leave my debit card at home! Not workout out and buying what is basically junk food and eating that all day is not good! Not for the scales or my bank account!

On the weekend I bit down into a peppermint and heard something crunch that wasn't the peppermint. I cracked a tooth. It's one that has a root canal and very little tooth. Well now it will probably have last. I cracked the remaining tooth down the side and part of it is loose!!! I was supposed to go to the dentist tonight, but wasn't able to. My dentist is in the mall. Someone called in a threat to the mall (they are not saying what) and the mall was evacuated and closed. I need to call them in the morning and hope to be able to get in tomorrow. My dentist is in 3 days a week and this month his days are Monday to Wednesday. A lot of people will be calling to reschedule so I need to call as early as I can to get in quickly. I'm tired of eating out of one side of my mouth!!!

M - I think I would think that as an awww moment as well!

Jenny - Hope it works on your floors! I HATED constantly cleaning the floors at my old job. I don't have to worry about the at my new job, he doesn't allow shoes inside the office!! Everyone takes them off at the door!

Shirley - You just had to post that when we are getting more of that ugly white stuff didn't you? So jealous!! I wish I could afford to get away from here for a little while and enjoy some sun and sand! Though if I want away I might not come back!!!

• jrbanta
    Options
    Shirley- you look slim and trim in your swim suit! WTG!!!!! Nice and tan too :) Hope you have water again.

Ang- I try to take my lunch most days. I use to eat out for lunch a lot but was able to get in the habit of taking my lunch to save money and to stay away from fast food as much as possible. Grab that willpower!

Marla- That is a sweet moment for a Dad and daughter. We got a fast and furious snow fall this morning and then it stopped. The winds picked up and blew snow around in the afternoon. Bad conditions in some parts of MN. Suppose to warm up by weekend so it should melt, hopefully!

Busy week, feels like it should be Thursday. Oh well! My birthday is next week so I need to choose what we will do. I want to try an Ethiopian restaurant or go to a Thai place I've never been to. Jeff and Iva will go with us. Dave and Rory aren't around to celebrate with.

Well tired and need to relax. Have a good Wednesday.

Jenny

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ,
    My boss has left the building hahaha ! OMG moving boxes and getting the new clinic ready was a bunch of mess. And it's not even my clinic ( it's a sub clinic leased out to Exxon and staffed by Beacon employees which is my company ) but in the same office as I work .

Jenny yes ,I have been working lots lately - Iv'e been extremely busy when I'm up here on the slope and working on my three weeks off of course which makes me tired .
    - My dieting is off - I'm so upset with myself I'm so tired I don't exercise and I'm not eating bad but not exercising is really bringing me down . I need to try harder ,really I do .
    - L I'll be down there on the 17th I can't wait I hope it's warm .
    - Anj, when you're talking about food at work holy cow you should see it up here - it's a buffet all day every day . food is free and I swear they are pushers , the cooks love for you to eat their food and sweets -which they back fresh daily by the way !
    - Marla, I get it -dealing with a kid that does not push themselves ? It's so hard to raise children these days .
    - Shirley , wow nice pictures I hope I get some sun when I go on vacation .
    -
    Iv'e been drawing lots of blood lately because Exxon wants everyone to have a TB test by blood and I love drawing blood so even being busy I am liking it . . The companies are send them all in on a walk in basis ( stupid) I get so busy I am working late almost nightly just to complete paperwork .
    I did enjoy reading your posts when I could though ,

Amy
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    it seems to be a good essay year for Thing 1- 1st place in the Elks Club essay contest - :D
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Day 4 no running water. We are using my neighbor's water so we can have showers, do dishes and I did some winter laundry. Leaving the summer clothes until later.

The Town water dept came today and sprayed painted in the snow where they are going to fix
    the pipes. They were supposed to come out this afternoon and work on it, but the foreman called and apologized that they had to fix a main water break so they left the houses again.
    They said they will be out tomorrow morning around 7:30 AM.

Amy :D You are one busy gal with work. Making changes always upsets things. Sounds like you are ready for some R&R. If I had all that good food around I would be big as a house.

Ang - Glad to hear that your job is doing well, I remember all the office treats. So hard to stay away from it. I used to work above a Mall with lots of food restaurants. Its hard to have that willpower. I always took my lunch and ate out only sometimes. Sorry to hear about the tooth, I hope you can get it fixed soon.

Marla - I haven't heard anything about your UTI, I assume you have it under control? Its nice to have an awww moment sometimes.

Jenny - Your time off seems like a dream now as you are getting back to reality again.
    Thanks for the slim compliment, you are kind.
    I have no gotten on the scale until Friday. Then it will be losing vacation weight.

L - Hi, how is the wrist doing?

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    We have running water !!!!!! :D:D

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Yay!!!! Running water. So happy for you Shirley. I meant it you look amazing, slim and trim. All your exercise has paid off.

Marla- congrats to Zach for his essay placing 1st again! Warm temps are coming. We could reach 50's this weekend. I hope so!

Amy- I could never draw blood from anyone. It takes a special person to be a nurse. Have fun in LA when you go.

Hi Ang and L!

Tired tonight. I went to see Still Alice and out to dinner with coworker last night. I cried a lot in the movie.

We are going to an Ethiopian restaurant for my birthday with Jeff and Iva. We will get together Saturday eve since both of them will be out of town next week.

I swear my hair is falling out more than it should be. It feels thin (I have thick hair) and my hands are covered every time I wash my hair. I lose a lot when I comb it, my pillow has lots of hair on it in the morning, my clothes, etc. What do you think this means? It's scaring me but I haven't found any info to help me.

Off to bed soon,
    Jenny
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ,

I hate to jinx anything but today is a nice slow day !

We have been so overwhelmed but today is nice ...

Shirley congrats on the water ..yay !!

Marls yay for your boy ! That's awesome ! See he can do it when he want's to - my girl is the same , If she wants she can be great lol if not . Well you know .
    -
    Anj Sorry about the tooth too :(

Jenny , my hair used to be thick also and my hair shes also . There are many illnesses that cause it but I think unfortunately age does as well - Thyroid issues cause hair loss as well as so many others

Jenny , Is today your birthday ?
    L how warm is it down there? I hope warm - I am about to purchase cruise tickets to Mexico with my friend ...

Oh I have been looking at last years pictures - man , THE WEIGHT I HAVE GAINED REALLY SHOWS IN MY FACE AND MY SHOULDERS ,SIGH .
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Oh Amy - isn't that the truth - I was messing with a video chat thing and oh frack I did not like what I saw. Smeh. Haven't even been eating anything amazing just not well and only just getting barely back into exercise. Gotta get on it.

Shirley - your pics look fab. And yay for finally having water. What a mess that must be.

Jenny - that must be unnerving with your hair. Have you had a all around check up recently - maybe the doc will find something. Of course, like with most things - it's probably just from getting older. Like this bladder thing. The UTI is apparently not causing the problem - just a 'wonky' bladder - taking the vesicare stuff and it helps some but the side effects aren't great. Grrr

finally the weather is warming up!

Caleb went home yesterday from school with an upset stomach and I left him there to rest and watch tv and stuff - when I came back home my bathroom smelled.....wrong... he had apparently gotten bored and sprayed a whole bunch of my perfume all over. OH FRACK NO. I am super sensitive to smells - there is no window in my bathroom - I cracked my bedroom window all night and still couldn't sleep in there - had an awful headache all night - very grumpy. I had mistakenly thought we were past that sort of thing. Good grief.

Happy almost birthday dear J!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My mom had hypothryroidism. I've had the test several times and it's always negative to my surprise. I've also had tests for Lupus years ago but they were negative or at least not conclusive. I know we go through cycles of losing hair and with age too, but this is a lot! Maybe a hormonal imbalance? Not sure but I will ask my doctor. A friend at work told me her doctor said it can fall out due to stress. I'm not at all stressed right now but was last fall when my knee was injured. Also last school year was very stressful. He told my friend the body can take up to 3 months post stress for hair to start falling out as a reaction. Anyone ever heard that? Hmmm.....

Changed my mind, we are going to a Thai restaurant for my birthday dinner. I want my glass of Plum wine :) (maybe 2)! Amy, my birthday is next Wednesday the 11th. We are celebrating early with my son and his girl friend because they will both be out of town next week.

Marla- one would think Caleb would be beyond that behavior. Maybe he was board or stunk up the bathroom and wanted to cover it up? Bored? Sorry for your head ache.

Ang-how's the tooth? Hope you feel better.

Hi Shirley and L!

I wore work out clothes to work today, packed my walking shoes and went straight to get an oil change and then to the gym after work. Yay for me! I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike. I went easy on the level of workout. My knees hurt so 30 minutes is enough. I just need to go at least 3 times per week. I will try to make myself do this!

Well have a nice Friday evening!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Good job Jenny!
  • Shirley61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jenny - Sorry to hear about the hair loss. For a woman that is a very personal thing. Go get it checked out and let us know what the doctor says.
    When is your actual birthday?

Today is Dave's 65th birthday. We are going out with some sailing friends tonight for dinner so we will celebrate then.

Finishing up vacation laundry and trying to get back to normal. I will get on my bike and get some exercise in. I can't wait for these temps to rise so I can walk outside again. That will help with the weight loss too. It is supposed to get warmer starting today maybe some of this snow will melt.

We have to let our water drip until maybe May. We will not be charged for water consumption and the Town will let us know when we turn it off.

I have to get moving, I will comment later.

Shirley
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Strep throat last week. Flu B this week. Travel both weeks spreading the funk. I'm waving a white flag!! I have literally been in a doctor's office and/or hospital every week since the first week of December 2014 with the exception of ONE. I've tried to stay positive and throw in a little humor but I'm losing it!

My hand and wrist are improving, but no where near healed. I can at least tear toilet paper off the roll now. I've been told to expect a slow recovery thanks to age.

We were in the 80s Monday and woke up in the mid 20s the last few days. Hopefully we'll have nice weather for your visit, Amy. The sun is shining today and I hate that I can't be out in it. It's to start raining tomorrow and last through the entire week.

What a relief to have water, Shirley! Like the pics you shared.

Jenny, you share a birthday with my husband. My cousin raves about plum wine. Gonna have to try it.

Hi Marla and Ang.

I keep thinking of the dozens of things I need to do since I haven't been home during the last two work weeks but have zero energy. I don't want to get out of bed and expose my kids. Guess a nap is in order!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Shirley- my birthday is March 11th, Wednesday of this next week. Happy Birthday to Dave! Hope you had a nice celebration. When is grandbaby arriving again? Our snow is melting fast and warm temps this week will make it go away. I expect we'll have a couple of new storms this month but spring is just around the corner :) Water dripping would drive me crazy. Why does it have to drip?

L- you just can't get a break! So sorry you have been sick and injured. Going to the doctor is the worse and I'm sorry you've had to be there so often. Are you and Amy getting together again?

Today was beautiful out. My cell phone died Thursday so we went and got a new one. I hate spending money on new cell phones. What a racket. I can't believe we use to live just fine without them and now we are dependent on them and feel unsafe and unconnected without one. Crazy! I have to say this is a nice phone and much faster internet than my Motorola Android. I got a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it came with a free Samsung tablet (last year's model). I've been wanting to replace my Ipad but didn't want to spend the money so this was a good deal. We went to Costco and I bought these organic oatmeal (individual servings) with low sugar, high fiber and protein for weekday breakfasts when I'm getting to work early and need something to tide me over until lunch. I finally got Jeff and Iva a gift card for a housewarming gift so they can purchase something fun (decorating, etc.) I bought it at Pier One. I love browsing that store.

Well my Thai dinner was wonderful tonight and the plum wine hit the spot. We had never been there before but Jeff and Iva had recommended it. It will be our new go to restaurant for Thai food. It was yummy!

Well off to bed. I'm getting up to go to the gym tomorrow and do more cardio.

Jenny

• Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

I will start with "L" . I am so sorry for all your health troubles. It has been one thing after another.
    All I can say is get well soon my friend and hope your Spring is much better for you.

We celebrated Dave's birthday last night and went to a Thai restaurant. We met our friends at a pub to have drinks because they said the Thai restaurant didn't have their liquor license yet.
    Well our table at the pub was way too long so we walked down to the Thai restaurant.

Jenny, the food was delicious but still not my favorite and Dave agreed. Give a us some delicious chinese food and we are happy. We have some great chinese restaurants in our area.
    Also to our surprise and our friend's they got their liquor license and we all had a great time. I was the DD for driving home so I had tea with Paul who does not drink. I had one glass of wine at the
    pub. We had chocolate cake for dessert which our friends brought and shared and they also paid
    for our bill which was a surprise.

We were suppose to go skiing this morning but since we got home late and changed the clocks ahead no way did we get up for skiing today.

So staying home and I will practice my choir music. I am thinking about changing to Soprano 2 so I will see how that goes.

Marla - Perfume sprayed all over, was he trying to make a point about something?
    Sorry for your sleepless night.

Amy - I hope work gets better for you and your temperatures rise .

Ang - Are you still enjoying the job?

Shirley