Options

Replies

• AmigaDona
    AmigaDona Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    great post thank so much
  • lamclarke
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post! I'm definitely an emotional eater and it's usually during what I call "the witching hours" (3-6pm). I'm going to incorporate healthy snacks that are ready to go and easy to eat during that time.

• lamclarke
    Options
    That's an appropriate time for the 3~6 time of day. Love the tips. Tomorrow I'm going to stretch to my favorite music.
  • driven58123
    driven58123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new to this site, but happy to find this group, and looking for any and all the support i can get.
  • Momnoon1977
    Momnoon1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So happy to read these. My emotional eating is out of control!
  • vickeymaddrell
    vickeymaddrell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your great article. I now never eat until I've done something positive when I get home.
    I've also got my husband to ask me why I'm upset and what's made me eat rather than expressing disappointment which makes me worse.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. Im going to remember number 4 .. fun not fridge :)
  • Ticklemynose
    Ticklemynose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I have a terrible craving for oily food! Learning to listen to my body more and love myself more. Not using food to replace pleasure or punish myself.
  • makemethin05
    makemethin05 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Loved this post!
  • drmarmareka
    drmarmareka Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    good ideas, I recently joined piano classes that used to make me happy when I was a child, and I've got car driving lessons too at the age of 35, it was one of my childhood dream too,my mind got too busy to think of food.
    Now I should think of something else quickly :-)
  • Ready2BFitMom
    Ready2BFitMom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This was a wonderful read. I binge eat when I am stressed or severely depressed. I have binge eaten to the point of vomiting. There are a lot of great tips here!
  • keibbed
    keibbed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Deb. I'm new to this group, the 50+ group, and to MFP. Thanks for the info. I have a hard time at night when the TV is on. That's when I want to eat, and eat SWEETS. I am finding that if I keep busy with something like crocheting, I don't eat as much 'cause my hands are occupied. But it's still very difficult.
  • Sip3hey
    Sip3hey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I am definitely going to try these things because I really need help. I broke another toilet in my house.
  • harringv
    harringv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group because I am an over eater especially when I am board. I have searched for a hobby to occupy my time and that works when I'm home. If I'm out I tend make bad choices especially driving between work sites and stopping for treats - milkshakes are my go to treat. I can really use this information to get past this. There are a few parks along the way maybe I will stop at the park for a walk instead of getting that treat. Thanks for the post.
  • MegMalin
    MegMalin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat when depressed (often) and depressed because I eat too much! Food is my comfort.
  • alaskanora
    alaskanora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After the day is done and the kids go to bed I go for the cookies and sweets in the house. I think I use it as a reward for the day. After reading your post I realized that meditating or journaling would bring me the comfort I'm looking for in the cookies.
  • angelasanford
    angelasanford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined the website and group, I overeat most when I get angry. As a child my mother was not the type to allow any sign of anger or opposition and I have no idea how to get rid of my anger without binging.

Any suggestions other than going to the gym and banging weight around
  • celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Distractions! Get lost in something else. Sometimes it's really easy to do and others it happens without even thinking about it. But of course, it's easier said than done. I'm giving these community forums a try for the first time, hoping they help.
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think I eat to relax so making sure I relax before sitting down to eat may change things considerably...how do I work it into my already set routine?

Think this one got missed. I like to sit and watch the news or something else on TV before dinner, or even go away and play the piano.
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined the website and group, I overeat most when I get angry. As a child my mother was not the type to allow any sign of anger or opposition and I have no idea how to get rid of my anger without binging.

Any suggestions other than going to the gym and banging weight around

First thing I do is call up a friend for a rant. By the time I've finished bitching about whatever it is, I've usually managed to go from being furious to seeing how ridiculous the thing is. But yes, I also like to go to the gym and "bang weights around" lol.