Daily Check-in: Time March-es on

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

I was off work today and I'm so grateful I was. I got to sleep a little longer.

Squat: 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 65, 1x5 @ 85, 5x5 @‌ 105
    BP: 1x5 @ 45, 5x5 @ 65
    Row: 5x5 @ 65

I also did:
    Back extension: 3x8 holding a 25-pound plate
    Diagonal wood chop: 3x8@ 20
    Leg lifts: 3x8
    15 minutes HIIT on the treadmill
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nice workout tonight.

Workout B (Mon)

Flat Dumbbell Fly - 5 x 5 - 40

Bench press - 1 x 5 - 100

Bench press - 1 x 5 - 95

Bench press - 5 x 5 - 90

Squats 5 x 5 - 175

Deadlift 1 x 5 - 90

Deadlift 1 x 5 - 190
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @sumba11239‌ I hope your little one starts feeling better soon. Sick kidlets are so heartbreaking

Sunday was a long run (for me) 7k it was slow and icky and my heartrate monitor watch decided to lose its battery cover so boo urns

Today was ohp day 3

55 lbs x3 65 lbs x3 70 lbs x4 then 3x8 at 45 lbs

not too bad but I did notice some soreness in my shoulder that I had most of the day.

Then 10/8/6/4/2
    bentover rows 65 lbs
    assisted pull ups
    hanging knee raises
    high knees

My grip was pushing the limit on this and my assisted pull ups where closer to assisted negative pull ups, I just don't have enough bands to assist me enough.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mondays are always my day to drag (not really a unique statement). But I'm always happy when I get home!

Squats - 2x10 at 45 WU, 5x5 @ 80lbs. Felt good.
    Bench - 5x5 at 75 lbs.
    BB Row - 5x5 at 60 lbs. Decent...still just don't like these.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    This week is going to be crazy hectic for me, so I'm giving myself a pass on the gym. I'll go if I feel like it and have the time, but it's going to be hard to cut out in the middle of my day like usual, and going in the morning isn't really something I'm interested in doing. :)

I may just concentrate on getting out for a walk everyday with Huck. Easier to do in the morning and less time consuming. I took him for a nice hike today -- tried a new trail. The sign has a warning that it's a strenuous hike, and it totally wasn't an exaggeration! I ended up turning around before I reached the top, but will try it again next time.

So many great things happening in this group! Awesome job, Ladies!

xo,
    C.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't know how I managed to lift today, the daylight savings time shift hit me bad and I didn't get much sleep. I ate crappy today, had more caffeine than usual and still managed to be productive.

Workout B
    Squats 5x5 125lb
    OHP 5x5 60lb - surprisingly still easy, what's going on?
    Deadlift 1x5 120lb - and I just realized I messed up and should of done 125lb, oh well!
    Front Squats 1x5 45lb - decided to try front squats for again and I was able to do it! Last time my arms and wrist flexibility said hell no.

Ugg, going to crash. Hate daylight savings.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i'm on 12-hour days for the first part of this week to make a wednesday deadline. and then on wednesday they'll probably take me out back and shoot me because i just can't see this happening. but if they don't i guess i'll be back in the gym. it's not in the structure right now.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday.

Hit up hot yoga in the morning.

Went to the gym after for Workout B.
    -Still deloaded on my squats as I work on my form. Did 5x5 at 135#. These felt pretty good, but I'm going to continue to hang out here since I'm still having a knee drop issue.
    -Deloaded my OHP to work on form. I figured out I was doing a push-press as my weights went higher. Did 5x5 at 60#. It felt easy and yet still somewhat challenging. I'll bump up to 65# next time.
    -Deadlift 1x5 at 200#. These felt solid. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger, especially when a 200# deadlift feels fairly easy. I did lose my grip on rep 5 again, but I knew to expect it, so I set the bar down and regripped the bar for rep 5. It kind of sucked, but it kept me from losing the bar so I consider it a win.

Did some accessories:
    -Narrow squats 3x10 at 50#
    -Plate loaded kneeling hamstring machine thing: 3x10 at 50#
    -Arnold dumbbell press 5x8 at 30# each hand.
    -Straigh leg deadlifts: 3x12 at 60#.
    Biked for 7.2 miles and then walked for 1.15 miles.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    treadmill high incline intervals.

Warmed up with jump rope and bw lunges and stuff

10x 20/60. First 3 at 12.5% incline, 6, 6.5 and 7mph, then 15% incline (which, as it turns out, is as high as those treadmills will go :|) at 6, 6.5, 6, 5.5, 6, 6.5 and 7mph. Took 20 mins total of running/walking.

I rested for about 5 mins (needed it) then got myself through the upgraded core circuits:
    - Jumping Jacks x60 (quite fun when on your period... ._.)
    - suspended double knee tucks x20
    - v-seat x20
    - seal jacks x60
    - suspended single knee tucks x20/side
    - hollow rocks x25
    - rested 2 mins and went at it again. Needless to say, the reps were not unbroken on anything but the jacks. My abs were still sore from the 1 arm DB complex from yesterday. DST did not help :|

The program is pretty much over! Can,t wait to compare the before and after pics & measurements on friday AM!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Workout B today:

Squats: 2x5@45, 1x5@75, 4x5@120, 1x4@120. Couldn't quite nail my last rep, and it was just shakey so I didn't count it. Very pleased that I am past 115 comfortably though!

OHP: 1x5@45, then tried to push to 55, realized it was too much, and then tried to back down to 50. Ended up doing 5,5,5,3,4. I think I could have done 5x5 if I hadn't tried to churn out 4 bad reps at 55 first.

Deadlift: 1x5@135, 1x5@165, 1x5@175. Felt very good, tried over/under grip for the first time and it made a huge difference.

I think a combo of it being 5am and not sleeping great bit me in the butt a bit. By the time I finished the three lifts I was just toast. Going to make up for it with some pushups and leglifts tomorrow, plus I might take the little dude out for a run tonight...just knew I was tapped out today.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Short cardio warmup this morning followed by the lifts.
    Squats:
    2x5: 45
    1x3: 75
    5x5: 105
    Bench:
    5x5: 85
    Row:
    5x5: 65
    Deloaded bench and row today to focus on form. Moving up slowly going forward to make sure my form is good.
    Sooooo hard to wake up today, I hate this week every year. It's just never good :(
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I haven't checked in here for quite some time. I hope you're all doing well and killing your lifts! I'm nearly done my first month of Wendlers 531. I really like it so far and I like adding in the accessory lifts.

Have an awesome week :)
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Deena_Bean wrote: »
    Sooooo hard to wake up today, I hate this week every year. It's just never good :(

I thought that was why I felt so run down yesterday! My husband said no, losing one hour shouldn't make that much of a difference. I'm thinking it's not so much the lost hour, as it is that my body still thinks it's 5am when I get up at 6am!

Even though I felt crappy, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I felt better afterwards, and it didn't bother my knee, so I think I'll try to do this on 3 of my non-lifting days until my knee feels good enough to go back to kickboxing.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Ran last night, 5km. With minimal walking so yay me!! Some dude asked me if I'd seen his missing puppy and totally threw me off my running game. Grr. But hope he found his pup

Lifting planned for tonight and am expecting my delivery of supplements today woop woop!

Oh and had my first lululemon experience yesterday - my god I want their mirrors lol!! Ended up with some fab crops in size 6!!!! Holy cow!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    @krokador‌ Hope you'll share your before and afters with us! Even just measurements if not pics xx
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Andi_1977 wrote: »

I thought that was why I felt so run down yesterday! My husband said no, losing one hour shouldn't make that much of a difference. I'm thinking it's not so much the lost hour, as it is that my body still thinks it's 5am when I get up at 6am!

Even though I felt crappy, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I felt better afterwards, and it didn't bother my knee, so I think I'll try to do this on 3 of my non-lifting days until my knee feels good enough to go back to kickboxing.

Read an article yesterday that the Monday following the Spring forward time change is the most fatal of the year. People die in crashes, have heart attacks, etc. more on that Monday than any day of the year. Multiple studies were cited in the article - I believe it. They said the most obviously effected people are those who don't sleep well to begin with and are barely getting by on the sleep they have. It's the real thing! It's less severe for those who have good sleep schedules because for them, the one hour shift isn't as detrimental. The remedy - have a steady set wake-up time and stick to it. Falling asleep at a decent time will evolve from that.

• krokador
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Andi_1977 wrote: »

Read an article yesterday that the Monday following the Spring forward time change is the most fatal of the year. People die in crashes, have heart attacks, etc. more on that Monday than any day of the year. Multiple studies were cited in the article - I believe it. They said the most obviously effected people are those who don't sleep well to begin with and are barely getting by on the sleep they have. It's the real thing! It's less severe for those who have good sleep schedules because for them, the one hour shift isn't as detrimental. The remedy - have a steady set wake-up time and stick to it. Falling asleep at a decent time will evolve from that.

Arhem, I can attest to that. The only reason I'm functional today is I've probably had about 400mg of caffeine already (in spaced-out doses). I believe Monster e-drinks and the likes are making a TON of money off of DST lol
  • krokador
    Options
    Welp, I can't edit that past post. After mind-math-ing the numbers it's more like 300mg. It,s still a lot. I really want to cut back on that thing :|
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Cardio Day

C25k Week 1, Day 3

Yeah, I have a weird schedule and and two days off from the walk/jog after day 2 instead of after day three. But I made it through week 1. Now to figure out my week 2 playlist cause I only had week 1 from someone's premade music list. I have the cues for all the weeks but it's better with music.

Tomorrow, is the last day of 10 rep range in NROLFW. Getting near the end of stage 1. Still need to get coworker over to take progress pictures though. Hopefully that will happen some time this month.
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Although I've been working out, I started lifting as a major part of my workout today. Not much but i feel it's a good start. I signed up for my first 5K mud run-- Thinking of doing C25K.

Cardio (Cross trainer) for only 15 minutes but burned 303 calories.

Leg Press 3x12x200
    Lat pull 3x8x80
    seated hamstring curl 2x12x100 <--- i realized I need better form, will decrease weight next time.
    seated calf extension 3x12x190