LOSING WEIGHT - What's changed so far? What have you noticed? Celebrate the milestones :)

leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
There is a great thread on the community board that asks this so I thought we could do the same. We have a journey ahead of us, might as well feel good and enjoy the success along the way!

Replies

• leecha2014
    I'm down 35 lbs since last year when I started once again to lose weight. It was slow, it wasn't until I joined MFP in January that I kicked it into high gear!
    What I have noticed is, the other day I went to scratch my arm and I felt boney! In a good way, it was something that caught me by surprise. My rings are almost falling off too. I'm loving the process :)
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    That's awesome! I can't wear my wedding ring anymore either; my fingers wouldn't have been my first choice of where to lose weight from, but I'll take whatever I can get LOL.

I've lost 17 pounds in 17 weeks and I appreciate how consistently that has worked out, despite having a bit of a plateau early in the new year. My waist and hips have shrunk a few inches each, which feels fabulous. Most importantly, I have gained a newfound sense of confidence that I can do this and will be successful this time around. It is empowering.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    That's awesome! I can't wear my wedding ring anymore either; my fingers wouldn't have been my first choice of where to lose weight from, but I'll take whatever I can get LOL.

I've lost 17 pounds in 17 weeks and I appreciate how consistently that has worked out, despite having a bit of a plateau early in the new year. My waist and hips have shrunk a few inches each, which feels fabulous. Most importantly, I have gained a newfound sense of confidence that I can do this and will be successful this time around. It is empowering.

That is an amazing loss!! Great job!!

I am back into my smaller bras!
    I had to ditch all my jeans and pull out a pair of size 12 i bought in 2012 and had never even taken the tags off of because they just were not comfortable
    I don't feel like I have to "hide" in clothes any more. Lol. There is no "hiding" fat. Who was I kidding?
    My cheekbones are back!!!! My face was a bit pillsbury dough boy. :(
  • zacksnana
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    I'm down 35 lbs since last year when I started once again to lose weight. It was slow, it wasn't until I joined MFP in January that I kicked it into high gear!
    What I have noticed is, the other day I went to scratch my arm and I felt boney! In a good way, it was something that caught me by surprise. My rings are almost falling off too. I'm loving the process :)

Congrats!!! When we get discouraged we always forget all these little NSV's don't we?

I saw this on facebook. Very appropriate. mic7e6lsm77z.jpg
  • RunRachelleRun
    zacksnana wrote: »

I am back into my smaller bras!
    I had to ditch all my jeans and pull out a pair of size 12 i bought in 2012 and had never even taken the tags off of because they just were not comfortable
    I don't feel like I have to "hide" in clothes any more. Lol. There is no "hiding" fat. Who was I kidding?
    My cheekbones are back!!!! My face was a bit pillsbury dough boy. :(

How wonderful - size 12 must feel great. Congratulations! And that is so true about not being able to hide fat. I really see the weight gain in my face; I think when I lose it there I will feel prettier again. Something to look forward to!
  • leecha2014
    edited March 2015

I love this pic, so so true!!
  • leecha2014

I love this. I can totally relate and feel the same way which makes me feel so excited and empowered too! In the past I never felt confident that I could or would do it, now I know I will and its just a matter of time. I keep wondering how I will look and feel this summer! Will I actually wear shorts?!! Yes I will!
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Today was weigh in day and I am down 2.4 lbs...yay. 34lbs since January and I can't wait till my wedding rings fit again....yours are all falling off and mine won't slide on.
    NSV was yesterday when wearing a pair of stretchy jeans and because they are now so loose they are bunching in very weird areas since I stretched that elastic out. I have created a ripple effect on my privates... My hubby pointed this out...pretty sure it's not a turn on,lol
  • zacksnana
    Today was weigh in day and I am down 2.4 lbs...yay. 34lbs since January and I can't wait till my wedding rings fit again....yours are all falling off and mine won't slide on.
    NSV was yesterday when wearing a pair of stretchy jeans and because they are now so loose they are bunching in very weird areas since I stretched that elastic out. I have created a ripple effect on my privates... My hubby pointed this out...pretty sure it's not a turn on,lol

34 since January!!! Wowsers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might not mind wearing pants that bunched around my privates if I had lost that much this year!!!! What are you doing??? Calorie goal? Height? Weight only if you don't mind sharing.

Kudos!!!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    I have lost 53 pounds since November and have noticed a few things that are pretty awesome. The change that my family really loves is that I don't snore anymore! I used to wake myself up snoring, but not now!
    I also don't have to pay extra for the XXL or 3XL shirts! That one caught me off guard.
    I don't have to go the women's section for clothes. It is so wonderful! I am still having to adjust to it and have to admit that I am find myself more comfy in the women's section after shopping there for the past 20+ years.
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Zack, mind sharing?? I'd love too, your the first that has asked me to share and that is another nsv...
    I follow mfp to a tee with 1240 calories...seems low but keeps me satisfied....wonder how much I ate before,lol. I'm 5'7 and 186 now..yay
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    I get cold now way more than I used to...wait...that's not a good thing!
    My face isn't all chins anymore.
    I don't decline invitations to go out as I have more confidence in myself.
    I will let my partner see me naked.
    I have ankles.
    I have knees.
    I have a collar bone.
    I have a spine.
    When I lay down my belly is flat (not so flat standing up but it's getting there).
  • RunRachelleRun
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    I get cold now way more than I used to...wait...that's not a good thing!
    My face isn't all chins anymore.
    I don't decline invitations to go out as I have more confidence in myself.
    I will let my partner see me naked.
    I have ankles.
    I have knees.
    I have a collar bone.
    I have a spine.
    When I lay down my belly is flat (not so flat standing up but it's getting there).

These are all fantastic! Congratulations :)
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    edited March 2015
    20lbs since the 1st of the year. My clothes don't fit. The other day my pants were baggy and I was able to take them off without un-zipping them. For some strange reason that made me happy.

Congrats to all for doing so well!
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    -I have lost 12 lbs since I started in Feb 2015.... I had a few weeks where scale doesn't move but my inches go down weekly. .
    -my cloths are not as tight. ... I had to buy a belt to hold up pants... I am not a tired as I was before I started...
    -I went from struggling through a 45 min eliptical workout at a slow pace (3.0 and under mile per hour) ,now I get in a 60 min elliptical workout at a fast pace (3.7- 4.5 mile per hour) at a higher level setting and incline... I am proud of where I am and excited to see where I am Going ...
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    I've lost 26 lbs. It's taken a year. I'm slow. LOL I had not noticed much change but I recently tried on some old jeans and they fit great! I didn't realize how baggy my current jeans were until I compared the two. Tshirts are getting looser too. Looking forward to even more changes soon!
  • takeflightwren
    takeflightwren Posts: 16 Member
    I can cross my legs without my knee sticking out sideways, my foot actually hangs down. I wore a pair of pants today - size 12, they were loose on my hips and butt! I could not even squeeze into them 2 months ago. Yea, and bra size, will be buying small soon too. All this after 14 lbs loss. Looking forward to more of less of me. So one would think I would go home after work and NOT drink an 8 oz beer like I did today. I am determined to eat under my cal. goals w/o digging into the exercise cals I am about to do this evening. Hope that lettuce is good and crispy!
  • zacksnana
    edited March 2015
    Zack, mind sharing?? I'd love too, your the first that has asked me to share and that is another nsv...
    I follow mfp to a tee with 1240 calories...seems low but keeps me satisfied....wonder how much I ate before,lol. I'm 5'7 and 186 now..yay
    Awesome!! You are doing sooooo well!!

I'm 5'6 and 183ish on my scales. I need to stick to the 1200 range too. Even with working out if I go to the 1500 to 1600 i maintain. Or gain.
  • zacksnana
    I have lost 53 pounds since November and have noticed a few things that are pretty awesome. The change that my family really loves is that I don't snore anymore! I used to wake myself up snoring, but not now!
    I also don't have to pay extra for the XXL or 3XL shirts! That one caught me off guard.
    I don't have to go the women's section for clothes. It is so wonderful! I am still having to adjust to it and have to admit that I am find myself more comfy in the women's section after shopping there for the past 20+ years.

My hero.
  • leecha2014
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    I've lost 26 lbs. It's taken a year. I'm slow. LOL I had not noticed much change but I recently tried on some old jeans and they fit great! I didn't realize how baggy my current jeans were until I compared the two. Tshirts are getting looser too. Looking forward to even more changes soon!

Congrats on your weight loss! 26 lbs is awesome! Do you realize that most people now just gain weight every year and cannot even get started on a weight loss program?! Billions are spent on losing weight. Be very proud.