Weekly Post 15/03 - 21/03/15

Options
124»

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ACSL3 !!! This is a great group!

Well, didn't lose or gain. I'm exactly the same as I was last Friday. It is TOM, so I guess I should be grateful.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Lost a little this week so I am moving in the right direction after last week's gain. ATTENTION NEWBIES - sometime with 5:2 the way to a loss is through a gain.

Week 29 - .4 lbs (0.18 kg )
    Total loss as of 03/20/2015 15.6 lbs (7.08 kg)

Have a great weekend everyone. Hope you can get out and do something fun!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Sick with this stupid sore throat virus going around. So i asked my husband to cook dinner for me.... What does he do? Goes out and gets KFC.... Wahhhh
    On a good note? It tasted like crap.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A very busy week at work and in my free time,

....a meteorite passed on Sunday, a solar eclipse yesterday, the one year anniversary of saying good bye to my pony and some other emotional stuff going on...

... two fasts and two days of way too many cals and with lots of sodium (I'm a sponge, sodium always causes water retention).

Happy to have maintained this week to be very honest. Just 0.1kg up from last Saturday morning.

Will go for a run later and I'm sure my pony will cheer me on in spirit as he often does :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @karen_fitzgibbon - hope you feel better soon!!
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started the 5:2 diet on 9th Feb and that week was a breeze, as my op was in that week and I had nil by mouth prior to it. Subsequently, after that I have lost 14 pounds until this week when I returned to work. It has been a disaster to put it mildly! By 3pm, I am starting to feel sore and lack of patience with my students and in turn it kicks starts my comfort eating for sugary and carbalious foods. I am hoping for a clean slate next week to start this again, even if I get one good fast day out of the week may help my mindset. Thanks for listening folks.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I hear you mowbry. I only see students in the mornings. LUCKY FOR THEM because when I get hungry in the afternoons lack of patience is probably a kind way of describing how I might react! Yesterday I did great on my fast day, students and meetings in the morning, low key afternoon, no calories until I was working at a fundraiser in the evening. Even the fundraiser taco plate and soft drink came in within my fasting calories. But at the end of the evening they were giving away the remaining cookies. I ate four of them! 600 calories in just cookies! I ended the day with over 1,100 calories, booo! I turned a fast day into what some people eat in their whole day (not me though, I eat way more than that on non fast days). Oh well, at least the window of time when I was eating was short. And now it is a new day. I still love the 5:2 lifestyle though - it helped me get into my healthy weight range and stay here despite the occasional failed fasts. I hope you get into a routine that works for you and that your success continues.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support sanjoparolas I feel it is a learning curve and I shall learn from people from this group how they cope in stressful situations.
    You are all very inspirational for me!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @‌mowbry
    Poor students ;-) Do you eat lunch or save all your cals for the evening? If you're a saver, it might be a good idea to split them. 100-200 for lunch and the rest for dinner and an evening snack is my 'recipe' at the moment. A warm soup / stew for lunch has been my friend all winter. My mood doesn't turn too bad (OK, I've never asked my students :p ), but I get cold and a bit wobbly, if I work all day and eat nothing until dinner. In general I stick with protein and veggies on fast days. I avoid grain carbs and save them for non fast days.

BTW had a few nice NSVs last week...
    for those, that have been in this group for a long time know, I was featured in a local paper after a head to toe styling / makeover last November. Well one of my 3rd year apprentices, that just started her last course with me, told me she didn't recognize me at first and thought I was someone famous, when her boyfriend showed her the pics. She also added, all of our apprentices were amazed by the pics. Hee hee! Of course most don't say anything, probably because I am their instructor.

I also showed up at my dinner with my swim club with freshly straightend hair and new duds....they hadn't seen the do, because after swim practice, I 'wear' my curls. Anyway everyone was thrilled by the look. When I said goodbye after dinner, one of the men congratulated me. I asked, 'what for'. He said, 'Have you looked in the mirror lately?' Nice echo, me thinks ;)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    @‌mowbry
    Poor students ;-) Do you eat lunch or save all your cals for the evening? If you're a saver, it might be a good idea to split them. 100-200 for lunch and the rest for dinner and an evening snack is my 'recipe' at the moment. A warm soup / stew for lunch has been my friend all winter. My mood doesn't turn too bad (OK, I've never asked my students :p ), but I get cold and a bit wobbly, if I work all day and eat nothing until dinner. In general I stick with protein and veggies on fast days. I avoid grain carbs and save them for non fast days.

BTW had a few nice NSVs last week...
    for those, that have been in this group for a long time know, I was featured in a local paper after a head to toe styling / makeover last November. Well one of my 3rd year apprentices, that just started her last course with me, told me she didn't recognize me at first and thought I was someone famous, when her boyfriend showed her the pics. She also added, all of our apprentices were amazed by the pics. Hee hee! Of course most don't say anything, probably because I am their instructor.

I also showed up at my dinner with my swim club with freshly straightend hair and new duds....they hadn't seen the do, because after swim practice, I 'wear' my curls. Anyway everyone was thrilled by the look. When I said goodbye after dinner, one of the men congratulated me. I asked, 'what for'. He said, 'Have you looked in the mirror lately?' Nice echo, me thinks ;)

Wow! What a great boost!