Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    The husband and I are taking a trip to Jungle Jim's this evening: http://www.junglejims.com/. He wants some gross soda (ranch dressing, sweet corn) and I'm super excited to check out the ice cream. If they don't have Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti, I'm probably going to cry.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    4007.png
    Has anyone tried this? I'm really craving something frozen with oats but the Talenti raisin oatmeal apparently sucks.

I bought this to try (I won't get to it until tomorrow night though)-- my impression from a tiny spoonful off the top was favorable.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The husband and I are taking a trip to Jungle Jim's this evening: http://www.junglejims.com/. He wants some gross soda (ranch dressing, sweet corn) and I'm super excited to check out the ice cream. If they don't have Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti, I'm probably going to cry.

I wanna go!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Looks like a fantastic place.
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the area I live in, but we don't seem to have much variety (or quality) in ice cream here in England... so, we make our own :) Did some really delicious butterscotch ice cream the other day. I was going to post a picture, but it turned out all blurry and, well, the ice cream is gone now... So now we're on to lemon/honey ice cream. My husband thinks it's too sour, but I think it's wonderfully zesty. I feel inspired by all these posts about ice cream to try something adventurous. Maybe 'apple pie' flavour...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It is. I haven't been there in about two years, but they have basically every food and drink you can imagine (including a Starbucks).
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

It is. I haven't been there in about two years, but they have basically every food and drink you can imagine (including a Starbucks).

We did a quick trip. They don't have any Talenti (not that I saw anyway), but had some Steve's, Jeni's, and Gelato Fiasco flavors. They also had the Yuengling ice cream, but I didn't want to buy a whole quart. I ended up with: 2gvxntxf9c4p.jpg

The Crank & Boom is a Kentukian (?) brand with no nutrition info. I'm excited to try both of these. No calories left in the day, but something to look forward to tomorrow.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options

We did a quick trip. They don't have any Talenti (not that I saw anyway), but had some Steve's, Jeni's, and Gelato Fiasco flavors. They also had the Yuengling ice cream, but I didn't want to buy a whole quart. I ended up with: 2gvxntxf9c4p.jpg

The Crank & Boom is a Kentukian (?) brand with no nutrition info. I'm excited to try both of these. No calories left in the day, but something to look forward to tomorrow.

I broke down and tried the blackberry/buttermilk. I did not care for it at all. No mix-ins, which is fine as I don't need them. Very little to no berry flavor. It was kind of icy, and I'm curious to know the milkfat content. I scraped a layer off of the roof of my mouth, and it left a coating on my spoon. I do fat-free dairy products because I haaaate that gross, fat coating that higher fat contents leave behind.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I broke down and tried the blackberry/buttermilk. I did not care for it at all. No mix-ins, which is fine as I don't need them. Very little to no berry flavor. It was kind of icy, and I'm curious to know the milkfat content. I scraped a layer off of the roof of my mouth, and it left a coating on my spoon. I do fat-free dairy products because I haaaate that gross, fat coating that higher fat contents leave behind.

Oh that's too bad.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Man, everyone's hating on the salted peanut caramel but I really liked that one!! I just had Ben and Jerry's milk and cookies and it was basic. Also found the Tonight Dough and the best parts were the cookie dough balls, and the ice cream flavors were average.

So far I think I'm the only one who didn't love it. But I did think it was good, just not as good as I was expecting given the reviews.

eta: Oh I see there was one other person out in the main forums. That's hardly everyone. :laugh:

Jorocka says she didn't like it all that much either. Personally, the peanuts in it were my favorite (it could've used more). I'm actually more of a fruity ice cream person but the salted peanut and B&J Candy Bar Pie may have converted me (somewhat).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    At least you've still got the gelato to be hopeful for.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Man, everyone's hating on the salted peanut caramel but I really liked that one!! I just had Ben and Jerry's milk and cookies and it was basic. Also found the Tonight Dough and the best parts were the cookie dough balls, and the ice cream flavors were average.

So far I think I'm the only one who didn't love it. But I did think it was good, just not as good as I was expecting given the reviews.

eta: Oh I see there was one other person out in the main forums. That's hardly everyone. :laugh:

Jorocka says she didn't like it all that much either. Personally, the peanuts in it were my favorite (it could've used more). I'm actually more of a fruity ice cream person but the salted peanut and B&J Candy Bar Pie may have converted me (somewhat).

Well, if you stick around here you'll figure out that there are people who typically agree on which flavors are awesome and people who typically don't. MrM and I are usually on the same page, pretty much anyway. But there was a girl for awhile (I haven't seen her lately) and I could bet money that if she liked something I wouldn't, and vice versa.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I didn't like the sea salt carmel honestly- and there were not enough chunks of chocolate in it to make it worth my while.

I'm still pretty happy with the chocolate chip- I'd like to try the Mediterranean mint at some point. i'm in no rush though that's for sure- I'm lazy- and I only buy them on sale.

And yes- I'm in jail.
    Because I'm awesome. and you know that happens to awesome people occasionally.

My husband really like the Mediterranean mint and he's a mint chocolate chip ice cream guy.
    good to know- I'll pick it up and give it a shot. Assuming that ish is on sale- 5$ for the rate at which I consume these things is a bit steep.

nah- I think I have the straight sea salt carmel one- I don't think I had the peanut one- I'll double check- either way- it was underwhelming and the little chocolate bits or whatever- were like half way down- I didn't even know there were little bits in there to be had. I guess underwhelmed would be the right response- I might give the peanut one a try- I'll check tonight- it's grocery night.

I'm officially COMPLETELY out of ice cream (I like) and gelato- I was SUPER bummed last night. Nothing to eat. All I had was generic vanilla and the dutch chocolate- which is horrible. I need to throw it away on trash day.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I didn't like the sea salt carmel honestly- and there were not enough chunks of chocolate in it to make it worth my while.

I'm still pretty happy with the chocolate chip- I'd like to try the Mediterranean mint at some point. i'm in no rush though that's for sure- I'm lazy- and I only buy them on sale.

And yes- I'm in jail.
    Because I'm awesome. and you know that happens to awesome people occasionally.

My husband really like the Mediterranean mint and he's a mint chocolate chip ice cream guy.
    good to know- I'll pick it up and give it a shot. Assuming that ish is on sale- 5$ for the rate at which I consume these things is a bit steep.

nah- I think I have the straight sea salt carmel one- I don't think I had the peanut one- I'll double check- either way- it was underwhelming and the little chocolate bits or whatever- were like half way down- I didn't even know there were little bits in there to be had. I guess underwhelmed would be the right response- I might give the peanut one a try- I'll check tonight- it's grocery night.

I'm officially COMPLETELY out of ice cream (I like) and gelato- I was SUPER bummed last night. Nothing to eat. All I had was generic vanilla and the dutch chocolate- which is horrible. I need to throw it away on trash day.

I must've skimmed over it and misread, sorry. I remember liking the sea salt caramel one (which I had a long while ago), but I like the salted peanut one even better. I also just realized that there was a second part to my last reply but it mustn't have posted. I was using the app. Since I was on the app, I also couldn't see the reply from JoRocka :expressionless: from those goddamned bars. My second half was about the raspberry flavors from Talenti-- thoroughly enjoy those.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Has anyone had the Baskin Robbins pralines and cream? I've never seen that brand in stores before but they had a bunch of it at Winn Dixie.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Pretty excited, I'm on my way home from Whole Foods and procured my first ever Jeni's.... whiskey and pecans. I thought my husband was going to faint when he saw the $10/pint price tag.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Pretty excited, I'm on my way home from Whole Foods and procured my first ever Jeni's.... whiskey and pecans. I thought my husband was going to faint when he saw the $10/pint price tag.

Tell him I paid $12. ;)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    S
    Has anyone had the Baskin Robbins pralines and cream? I've never seen that brand in stores before but they had a bunch of it at Winn Dixie.

One of my favorites.
    Eta. I keep it safely tucked away with the Talenti.cheh7g90au3p.jpg

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

No, Gold Medal Ribbon or GTFO. lol :P
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

No, Gold Medal Ribbon or GTFO. lol :P

I didn't see that one I don't think. I'll check next time I'm in.