NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    NSV of the day: I had to buy new "inspiration" pants to hang on my closet door. The 16's that I had up there (which wouldn't button even if I laid down) are now in my regular wardrobe rotation! Now there is a pair of clearance 14's in their place. I can wiggle them on (progress!) But they actually hurt and make me look like a busted can of biscuits. I'll try them on again in a month or two.

congrats! That is awesome!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I completed my half marathon on Saturday, and felt pretty good despite being undertrained. Kept it slow as planned and now I'm excited to continue training for and actually try to achieve a PR in a half I have coming up on April 25.

I can only imagine how great you must feel!!!
    That's a great accomplishment! Congratulations!!!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    My Spartan Sprint Finisher t-shirt (in a M) is now loose on me (used to be snug) don't know if its because I lost weight or it got stretched in the laundry...mix of both...but still happy :)

Way to go!!!! Clothes are my favorite NSV's!!!
  • danelutza19
    edited March 2015
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    NSV: Yesterday, we attended baby dedication. Three people (I hadn’t seen in a long time) said they didn’t recognize me!

One person asked someone who I was. Another indicated they could now see a physical resemblance to my younger nephews and that “it looked like I belonged in the group” (one of those funny compliments) and finally - the usual surprised look and question - “what did you do?”

It can be awkward in those situations when surrounded by dozens of family members and friends. There are those doing their own weight-battle (some with success and others with failures). I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable, so I pretty much just say “thank you” and only answer direct questions. But - it was nice to hear.

Always uplifting to hear compliments on your work!!! That's what people should take home: it's work and dedication not luck that tips the scale!! However, not knowing how to describe your success is a nice problem to have!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    So I have a weird one. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and was like "omg, why am I so bloated?" Then I relieved myself and looked in the mirror again and realized that I wasn't bloated, I could just see that my bladder was full. It's really strange to be able to see that stuff now.

Also, when I was washing up in the shower, I'm noticing parts of my body are a lot less squishy, like my shoulders and my thighs.

I've never been this thin before, so it's all new to me.
  • SingRunTing
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry, I have to add another one.

I sing with a choir and we do cantatas every year for Christmas and Easter. I happened to have a solo last year and one this year as well. Our first performance was on Friday. My mom (being my biggest fan) always takes my picture. She posted it on Facebook and, for fun, I had to compare it to the picture she took last year. I was blown away by the difference. (I usually hate the cantata pics because black & white isn't very flattering, but this pic isn't too shabby...)

of0sool5u0w5.jpg

Also, someone approached my after the performance and said they didn't recognize me until I started to sing.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to add another one.

I sing with a choir and we do cantatas every year for Christmas and Easter. I happened to have a solo last year and one this year as well. Our first performance was on Friday. My mom (being my biggest fan) always takes my picture. She posted it on Facebook and, for fun, I had to compare it to the picture she took last year. I was blown away by the difference. (I usually hate the cantata pics because black & white isn't very flattering, but this pic isn't too shabby...)

of0sool5u0w5.jpg

Also, someone approached my after the performance and said they didn't recognize me until I started to sing.

That is amazing!! Great job. And you look awesome in the white and black. We have to wear it for bell choir at church also and it is definitely not flattering. Congratulations! It is good to see how much all your hard work has paid off.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous SingRunTing, you are looking fabulous daahling. ;) Your hard work is showing itself
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing, SingRunTing--so great to have the two side by side to be able to see so clearly your results like that. And you look great, even in the black and white! ;-)
  • danelutza19
    Options
    SingRunTing congratulations!!!!!!
    The pictures are awesome and you are even more so!!!!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that is size 14. Didn't think I could wear them yet. Put them on Monday, they fit. The last pair of jeans that I bought was a size 18.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    That's great Debbie! I love it when it sneaks up on you and surprises you!

I still have a few pairs of pants that I know fit because I wear them, but every time I put them on I don't think they are big enough until the zipper zips.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    I have another one. Went running outside yesterday for the first time since the fall and I hit a new PR for my mile split times. Last year, my fastest time was 11:17 per mile. Yesterday I was 10:38 per mile. Not super fast, but I'm hoping to break that 10 minute mile mark soon!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Hurray justdebbie1, big victory !!!
    Awesome going SingRunTing!!!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Congrats on the lower pants size, justdebbie1.

I have completely lost the ability to tell what fits--pants that do continue to look way too small to me. (When I was at my heaviest it was the opposite, which is one reason I almost stopped buying clothes, it was such a bummer.) When I was first losing I had pants in various sizes lined up to try and would occasionally miss one because I assumed it wouldn't fit until I was in the next smaller.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!!

This week I have gotten back into my gym routine of goin every day. On my second day of going the security guard noticed I was later than I had been the day before and Thursday noticed I was early. Today I walked in and the guy at the front desk and the security guard waved to me. When I went to the locker room I noticed someone was using "my" locker and I thought to myself "what a silly idea, you have been back in the routine less than a week and annoyed when someone uses the locker you happen to normally use."

Does anyone else have similar experiences?
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    krp97: I totally get it. I swim every Tuesday and Friday at the same time and use the same locker. I was there 2 weeks ago and someone else was using MY locker. Then I realized how silly that was and used a different locker.

It's funny. Just because I'm a creature of habit, doesn't mean everyone else has to be. Although it does annoy me when the pool is randomly chock full of people. The reason I picked the times I go is because often I'm the only one in the pool at that time. It's annoying to suddenly be crowded on a Tuesday when its normally a lull time. But that's my hang up and not really the other people's fault.
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Although it does annoy me when the pool is randomly chock full of people. The reason I picked the times I go is because often I'm the only one in the pool at that time. It's annoying to suddenly be crowded on a Tuesday when its normally a lull time. But that's my hang up and not really the other people's fault.

Heh, I feel this way all the time, not just about the pool, but also the gym, public transportation (when applicable), the roads, my neighborhood. I remind myself that it's irrational, but find myself falling into it. Yesterday I went for a bike ride in my neighborhood (near Wrigley Field) only to realize that baseball season has started, and was irrationally grumpy that I had to change my route. (I got over it quickly, though.)
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Lol lemurcat12, you're from Chicago :) go Bears!!!
    We lived close to Wrigley Field also for the 4 year we were in Chicago.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Good choice! (On the neighborhood and the cheer for the Bears.) ;-)