APRIL 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    I have such a new found respect for all of you distance runners. I am going to be so happy to just finish this half coming up. I have to find a energy substitute. The gu and chewys don't work. I am getting sick from the caffeine. May have to go back to a cliff bar.

April 4: 13.5 miiles - walked 2 miles and ran 11.5 miles...new distance record for me and I shaved 10 sec. on my mph.

TTD: 39.5 miles

exercise.png

I find them all pretty revolting but I use GU Chomps Watermelon (no caffeine), 4 per hour. Congrats on your new distance and pace! I am so excited for you!!!

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@ Anaconda - I hope you don't have sunrise service tomorrow after a late service tonight! Happy Easter.
    @ Tappy - the girl is on fire!
    @ Sufferlandrian - speaking of on fire!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions for energy. I am with you JTH11706. I find them pretty bad. I used power bar chew for my 10 miler in Nov. And forgot how sick I got from the caffeine and here again today. I am going to try non caffeine and see if that does the trick. A friend told me how she puts a tsp. of honey in a sandwich baggy and puts the bag inside her sports bra. I did that in the fall and it seemed to work. You bite the tip off it and suck the honey out of the bag. A kick of energy. Thanks also Dean for your suggestion.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    Options
    @JTH11706 Thanks for the encouragement too. :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    My son got me out frisbee golfing again today on a local course. That's 3 out of the first 4 days of this month! :laugh: And we're going out together sometime this week to go buy me some of my own discs to start my collection :smiley: Got 1.5 hilly miles in on today's course.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

4/04

Exercise bike 21.28 miles and walk 1.25 miles

Total 22.53 miles for today

96.21 miles done and 703.79 miles to go.... :)
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    4/04 - 1.25 miles
    TTD - 1.25 miles
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late, but if you will, please mark me down for a goal of 45 miles again this month. Thank you.
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    4/3- 4.1 miles running

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles...off to a slow start this month but will be picking up the pace. :)

exercise.png

• BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Added a quick 3.1 for a total of 10.7/100.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    Got out early with DH and Bean then went shopping with DD. It was a beautiful day. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. We desperately need it.

Sat - 8.52 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Chris
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 14 miles. Not going to be doing much this coming week as doc has told me to rest foot due to 2 large bursae appearing and they hurt!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    04/02: rowing 1km
    04/03: running 4.39km
    04/05: running 2.28km

Total: 7.67km
    Left: 172.33km

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »

April 4: 13.5 miiles - walked 2 miles and ran 11.5 miles...new distance record for me and I shaved 10 sec. on my mph.
    @clepant: When I did my half, I had nuts and dried fruits trail mix and also thrown gummy bears in there; ate the latter during last part of the half. It worked for me. I'm sure you'll find what works for you, hang in there.

And congrats! There's nothing like a new DR and getting faster!! We feel like we can take on the World! :smile:

fantastic.gif

• speedyf
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Snowing here today... Again...
    [img][/img]WP_20150405_001.jpg
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    April 4, 5.9 miles.
    Snow pretty, @speedyf
    glad it's not here, but Cali could have used it.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just barely enough time this morning for an update before I'm back to my desk. (sigh) Added 3.5 miles for a April total of 4.5 miles. Wow, I truly hope the end of the month is better for me.

exercise.png

• speedyf
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Just barely enough time this morning for an update before I'm back to my desk. (sigh) Added 3.5 miles for a April total of 4.5 miles. Wow, I truly hope the end of the month is better for me.

@taxmom9093: Don't forget it's only the 5th ;) I believe in you lady! :grin:
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    put me down for 40 miles in April please!!
    4/1/15-0.75
    4/3/15-0.50
    4/4/15-2.50

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.