April challenge support

Options

Replies

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    So as of today I'm not counting calories. Just keeping an eye especially on carbs. Trying to relax (just a little) about this and trust my hunger. We'll see where I land on May 1.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    this is why counting doesn't jive with this WOE: the numbers make you second-guess your hunger cues.

These are the words I needed to hear today. Thank you.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    so loving this challenge.

i had charcuterie, jalapeño stuffed olives and chicharrones three hours ago, and i've never felt to satisfied. i thought that was a snack, but i haven't been hungry for dinner at all!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ugh. The kids have friends over. I had some pizza for dinner. I feel awful. I'm going to bed and hope I feel better in the morning. It's a new day. B)
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Ugh. The kids have friends over. I had some pizza for dinner. I feel awful. I'm going to bed and hope I feel better in the morning. It's a new day. B)

I've been noticing a little rationalizing in my mind that it might be ok for me to have a slice of a family pizza. Ha. Thanks for the warning...hope you feel better soon.
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. Gave in last night too. Didn't even really enjoy it. Hopefully next opportunity I'll remember that before indulging
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »

I've been noticing a little rationalizing in my mind that it might be ok for me to have a slice of a family pizza. Ha. Thanks for the warning...hope you feel better soon.

If you dig in, pull the toppings off and eat only then. An indulgent compromise!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    WoW!
    so for the sake of brevity....

Just "did" EAster.
    Ate what was served at in-laws.
    (lasagna) Had absolutely no emotional response to it!!
    Didn't particularly enjoy the chocolate eggs but couldn't stop eating them.
    Very odd sensation.

Next morning scale registered 8 pound increase!
    Two mornings after that scare registered pre easter weight and I woke with the worst breath ever so I think think must be already transitioning back into keto.

I don't count anything anymore. I think I get a bit more carbs and somehow I think that is doing me good. Still likely less than 30net/day.

Two people this week asked if I had lost weight!

What an interesting experiment. Qualifyer: mostly interesting due to the fact I feel it is yeilding positive results. :smiley:
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »

Two people this week asked if I had lost weight!

It feels good when other people notice.

@kirkor I found a link to that interview on reddit zero carb and that, combined with Goat's experience is what got me really thinking about zero carb.

Well, I didn't gain any water weight but my stomach feels heavy, I feel lethargic and my head is fuzzy. So not worth it. I'm also not the slightest bit hungry yet. I'm sticking to water and coffee and will see what the day brings. I've got this.

• glossbones
    Options
    Went to chipotle tonight per the birthday boy's request. Tried their steak over salad, mild salsa, and guacamole. Luckily they're pretty stingy with the lettuce (thinking I'll want beans and rice I suppose), so the carbs were all from the salsa and guac.

It was all right but not incredible. Not worth the carbs in my opinion. I wasn't thinking "dried out cubes" when I imagined "steak," but probably should have known better. I'd rather spend that $10 on a nice fatty cut from the butcher. Now I know.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would never sweat the carbs in a salad like that, but that's just me. It was 17g carbs, about half in the guac.

Pretty similar to my dinner tonight, but crab and eggs instead of steak.
  • glossbones
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    I would never sweat the carbs in a salad like that, but that's just me. It was 17g carbs, about half in the guac.

Pretty similar to my dinner tonight, but crab and eggs instead of steak.

Oh it wasn't that I was sweating it (or I wouldn't have ordered it), I was just overall disappointed (the magic of chipotle's flavors is apparently in their rice and beans) and salad has never agreed with me so I got to suffer after.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The nearest chipotle is about a half hour from me, but for the past few months I've had a few appointments pretty close to it 1-3 times a week, if I'm out there in the afternoon I almost always skip the bacon and eggs for breakfast and just get a steak salad instead. Same thing you ordered, it sounds like, but I also get sour cream. Its definitely a favorite!
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

whoa. something is making me wanna go buy a big ol' stack o' ribeyes.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

1. Now I want a steak.
    2. The resources page at that blog has a lot of things. I'm watching video #18 right now. "Georgia Ede - The Downside of Eating Plants"

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Esmée La Fleur is a rabid collector of information and testimonials and interviews. Her page is full of good stuff. I'm currently one of the testimonials (you'll recognize the photo). After a full year (which will be July), she said I'll get my official interview. LOL

She doesn't count you as official enough until you've got at least a full year under your belt, which I do respect.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I'm currently one of the testimonials (you'll recognize the photo).

I found you. :smile: ('cause that's not creepy)

You're the first person who I've seen something about those nasty tonsil rocks (blech). That alone may be worth trying ZC, although they do seem to be much less frequent on LCHF.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had persistent tonsil issues for years until keto and ZC. I would get strep or tonsillitis annually. I haven't had either in the two school years since I went keto/ZC. That's not because I haven't been exposed. I had 3 kids out already this year because they had it. Normally, once a kid had it in my room, it would only be a matter of time before I had it as well.

The nasty smelly rocks mostly stopped with keto. So, I definitely think it helps a lot, just being low carb. But, I haven't had a single one since going ZC.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    That's hilarious to me, because my history is the opposite: I've never had strep or tonsillitis. Doctors would regularly ask me if I'd had my tonsils out because they didn't see them immediately when they looked at my throat.