Workout check-in - April-tle bit more awesome

Options

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    DL day 1
    160 lbs x 5, 180 lbs x 3, 200 lbs x 1 nothing really spectacular I thought about going for 2 and decided I didn't really want to push it.
    Front squats 3x8 emotm finally decided to add some weight to the bar now that I think I have form a little more figured out 55 lbs
    AMRAP 4 min x 3
    Thrusters
    Split squats
    toe taps

Got almost 3, 3, 3. I had time on the last 2 rounds to try for the next rep through but no I just had nothing else to give this morning. TOM is taking its toll on me hardcore. Blah.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey ladies! Looks like everyone is kicking *kitten*! You all rock! :smiley:

I am on a Tuesday/Thursday schedule this week instead of my previous Wed/Fri schedule to work around my running days.

Workout A today.

Squats, 5x5@120 lbs. I finally moved up from 115 lbs after staying there for 3 sessions, and it was tough but I got it done. I will definitely be repeating this weight at least once more though.

Bench, 5/5/5/5/4@70 lbs. These were HARD. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get that 25th rep up, so I just stopped at 4. I knew I'd be repeating this weight anyway, so didn't worry too much about failing.

Rows, 5x5@70 lbs. These felt tough but mostly due to grip issues more than anything else. Is it acceptable to do mixed grip on rows?

I also did some calf raises and RDLs (3x10@70 lbs) for accessory work.
    Finished up with ~35 minutes on the elliptical.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I am going to try and get back to posting here. My house guests have finally left after a 6 week stay to close their family home after the death of their father. We enjoyed our time with them but having guests for 6 weeks definitely takes a toll...I managed to keep up with my workouts (they were my source of sanity) but logging definitely went downhill.

Today's workout!
    Squat 5x5 115 lbs
    OHP 5x5 52.5 lbs
    DL 5x5 105 lbs
    Goblet Squat 3x10 30 lbs

I really need to work on my DL still. I think I am going to do them with every lifting session for a while-but at lower to intermediate weights. My goal for DL (and squat) is to get to bodyweight (145) by the end of the year if possible.

You all continue to amaze me with your awesome lifts!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    @ScientificExplorerGirl you are a SAINT for having people that long! Wow, I'd be getting itchy after a weekend lol
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Having coffee at corner bakery while waiting for my son to finish up his robot meeting & catching up on here. So many funny, inspiring posts. Thanks ladies!! I'm getting pumped to get back to my workout tomorrow. It was a fun weekend in tx riding water slides and visiting family. Good to be back home though!

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i feel like the living poster child for rest weeks. got up before 6, in the gym by 6:30 and the whole thing just worked.

squats: 2x5@45, 1x5@55, 1x5@65, 5x5@80. shoulder felt better and was more even than i ever remember it, and with every set i could bring my hands closer together so it just kept getting better as well. unbelievably better than a week ago and i'm still not feeling any very terrible after-effects in the shoulder. which is amazing for me at 80 pounds.

ohp: 1x5@45, just cause i could and to try out finding/maintaining the shoulder position the physio suggested while doing them. i pressed on saturday so wasn't intending to do this for real. same with rows - 1x5@50 before doing deadlifts, later.

bench: 3x5@45, 1x5@55, 5x5@60. might have been six sets, idk. much much better. big thing: i was watching a mark bell tutorial on sunday and he said something about having your triceps touching your lats at the bottom, so i was trying that out. slightly strange and hit some spots i'm not used to, but miles better than saturday and 60 wasn't so heavy that i was losing my form.

deadlift: definitely the poor relation in my lineup these days. i just can't seem to get them sorted out, but i did work up to 5x1@ 110, so that's good enough for this week.

then i rode to work. i allowed extra time since it's more distance, a few extra hills, and post-squats, but i aced that as well. or maybe i just had a tailwind today. the ride home was geriatrically slow to make up for it.

weather: cold again (for real, snow on mountains and all).
    dinner: white-bean soup with bay leaves and bacon. yee hah.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Another PR day, I've been doing good!

Squats 5x5 195lbs - PR! Oh man 200lbs is gonna be mentally scary.
    Bench 5x5 100lbs - woot, I succeeded this time, 5x5!
    Rows 5x5 85lbs - I'm more impressed I finished rows after all those other lifts.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym after my night shift this morning as I had a busy evening and couldn't fit it in. Not a fan of that. I was tired at the gym, but still had a decent session, but didn't get to sleep until about 10 am, which sucked.

Accessories first since the cage was in use.
    Planks - 2 x 75 sec.
    Assisted pull ups - 3x5 at 25 lbs assist. Getting better

AND - I did almost a full chin up unassisted! I say almost full because I was using the assisted machine with the knee support folded away, so I was standing on the steps, not at a dead hang. Trying it from hanging next time :)

Bench - 5,5,5,5,4 at 75 lbs. Did this first since the cage was already set up for it and I wasn't about to drag the bench out only to drag it back in a few minutes. Didn't get the last rep.

Squats - 5x5 at 135 lbs. These felt better than last time. I think I am ready to try 140. I have been at 135 for 2 weeks and I am getting sick of it :P

Rows - 5x5 at 85 lbs. These were ok. They are definitely better when I remember to keep my chest up and drive my elbows to the ceiling. I think I am going to try 90 next time.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Ah, the joys of lifting day. Didn't get to the gym till about 11 pm, so it was quite a late night. Shoulder was achy too but acted up even before I got to the gym, which meant I had to be cautious on the push press part. Overall, not bad though I wish the place hadn't been so busy, or at least not the areas I needed when I had to do the pesky 1 pt row cause bunch of guys were around. Did see one db bench with 110 lb dumbbells, wow those are big.

Stage 2: A3

front squat/push press 2x10 @ 55 - Kept same weight cause shoulder.

step-up 2x10 @ 20 with short step
    db 1 pt row 2x10 @ 20 - got off balance middle of both left side sets and first right side set.

static lunge 2x10 @ 40 with 2 risers and aerobic step.
    push-up 10, 5, 5 with 2 risers and aerobic step. Not sure why last time was so hard as I could do some this time.

plank 2x45 seconds, not quite up to 60 yet, maybe next time.
    cable wood chop 2x10 @ 12.5 - eh.

bench 3x8 @ 75 - slightly difficult tonight
    bicep curl 3x8 @ 30 - not bad
    wrist curl 3x10 @ 15 - usual

Now to get stuff done and go to bed. Sleepy.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hard session tonight

Squat 5x5 @ 135lbs. Deload cos sore tummy
    OHP 5x5 @ 60lbs.
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 190lbs then 1x5 @210lbs.

Aargh! Anyone else have worse symptoms during ovulation than during TOM? Feel so bloated and sore :(
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Went for a 5 mile run yesterday evening. It went pretty well. I've changed up some of my training runs to be slower (doing zone 2 running). So far, it just irritates me, but I'm hoping it helps improve my endurance and speed over time.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    UBB 2.0 Construct W4D3

1A) Snatch Balance x2 + OH Squat x2
    85x2, 90x2x2, 95x2
    Getting into a nice groove with these, but the catching the bar on my back is getting awkward as the weight goes up

2A) Front Squats
    115x5, 135x3x3
    2B) Step Box Jumps
    24'x2, 25'x2, tried 26' (box + a 25lbs bumper) and mentally could not even bring myself to jump, so I regressed back to 24'. At least I got back at them, no shin guards. I'll prolly have a bit more gutso when my shin is healed some more.

Grinder #4 - For time (cap 18min)
    - 800m run - subbed in 100m of prowler with 35lbs on it
    - 40 recline rows
    - 40 push-ups
    - 10 (squat) clean and jerks @ 85#
    - 20 DB Snatch @ 30# -- managed 13 before the time cap

I did 8x100m sprints yesterday and was paying the price this morning. Stiff and sore as hell. I do want to include a bit more running into my routine, and the chaos sessions are not a good time because the area I work out in is tiny. Thinking I might do it on my lunch breaks of day 2 and 3 (1 sprint session and 1 longer run for now, don't want to overdo it) since I have a recovery day afterwards. Thoughts?
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Last Night's Workout
    5 min warm up before on the rowing machine

Workout: All 5x5
    Squat 60#
    OHP 40#
    DL 70#

12 min on the Treadmill afterwards on a HR program doing hill work at a slower pace (2.5-3.5mph with 8-12% incline)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Cardio day - Ran with Harry Potter this morning and then at work it was the launch of our Active for Life campaign - so there were various cardio/aerobic functions along with a 30 minute group walk. So I've logged over 2 hours of cardio today. I should sleep well tonight LOL.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Despite napping until 1 pm (yeah, I was really lazy this morning) still managed to get the Couch to 5k jog attempt done before needing to eat and get ready for work. Week 5, Day 2 is done and the minute jogs were okay though tiring. I know I can do 10 minutes at one time but still uncertain on the jump to 20 minute jog but that will be Friday's concern. Now I just need to worry about eating food, blogging before work and figuring out how to get enough protein today.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Squat 110 5x5 again. Still difficult. I'm very sore today. Might be because I was practicing round house kicking in my underwear last night. Not going to explain that further.

OHP 60 5x3 horrible. I could barely get the first one up. Some days this is harder than others o guess.

Deadlift 140 1x5 (going up by 5 instead of 10 now). Felt good.

Accessories:

SL DL 70 3x10

1LSLDL 40 3x8 each side (felt like a weeble-wobble because I was wobbling but I didn't fall down)

Split squat 60 3x8 each

Sumo dead 140 1x5

Assisted pull up -52 3x5 (like OHP this was tough)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Got a 5k run in at lunch.

Workout B after work.

Squats 5x5 at 145#. So, all the squat racks were taken when I got to the gym. I waited for a few before asking to work in with one of the guys. I didn't get my warmup sets in, but I did great without them. I felt strong and my form was spot on.

OHP 1x5 at 80#, then 4x5 at 75#. I got the first set down at 80, but I really struggled. I dropped to 75 for the other 4 and still struggled. My upper body lifts always suffer more than lower body when I've taken too long off.

Deads 1x5 at 190#. Felt good, felt heavy.

Accessories
    Arnold dumbbell 30# each hand, 8,7,6 reps over 3 sets.
    Upright rows 40#, 3x10.
    Straight leg deads 40#, 3x12.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    An anti-check-in
    Had house guests for two nights and I figured I could skip my routine to be polite, cause it was just two nights. So today is lifting day, and I woke up with some sort of stomach flu!! I have been so sick all day with flu-like symptoms, nausea, cramping, and staying close to my bathroom. So I guess I will NOT be going in today, and maybe not even tomorrow :(
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Found a gym with free weights. Studying videos so I don't make a fool of myself. Be brave Diana you can do this!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Found a gym with free weights. Studying videos so I don't make a fool of myself. Be brave Diana you can do this!

You can do it :)
    Fake confidence if you don't have real confidence. No one will know the difference :P
    I even watched videos on how to adjust the power rack before going the first time.