Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Random, but made a batch of Cake Batter ice-cream. Hub doesn't really care for it, he's more of a chocolate...and I can't eat it all myself. Will ask the neighbor's if they want it....

I wish I was your neighbor!
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I finally found the Oatmeal Raisin and Salted Caramel Peanut Talenti's. I got the peanut one and skipped the oatmeal raisin, partly for the less than glowing reviews here and partly because raisins. I also got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti and the Breyer's Tiramisu. I enjoyed the peanut one, husband did not like the other two, so more for me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I finally found the Oatmeal Raisin and Salted Caramel Peanut Talenti's. I got the peanut one and skipped the oatmeal raisin, partly for the less than glowing reviews here and partly because raisins. I also got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti and the Breyer's Tiramisu. I enjoyed the peanut one, husband did not like the other two, so more for me.

Ok, so the Friday the 13th ice cream and the above cat photo are both awesome. And I love oatmeal raisin cookies, so I think I may still pick it up if I can find it.

I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good! And I had a good old fashioned binge yesterday and wiped out most of my ice cream/gelato stash. *Sigh*
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My kinda breakfast.

Where'd you find that?!? Looks amazing, how is it?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Food truck festival. I had a piece of pizza too.. and a smalk strawberry shortcake that I can't find the pic of... Belgian waffle with caramel and whipped cream and loaded tots.
    jhk95xiiw2us.jpg
    e739eo12t9ds.jpg

Yay the pictures are normal sized again & wow that WAFFLE looks freaking amazing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited April 2015
    Options
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

& when you do fall asleep you'll have nightmares about Freddy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

Ok, so the Friday the 13th ice cream and the above cat photo are both awesome. And I love oatmeal raisin cookies, so I think I may still pick it up if I can find it.

I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good! And I had a good old fashioned binge yesterday and wiped out most of my ice cream/gelato stash. *Sigh*

I'll be curious to see what you think of Oatmeal Raisin. I think LolBroScience is the only one I've seen say they loved it. I loved Talenti's Tiramisu, but it's the only brand I've had of that flavor so far.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yay the pictures are normal sized again & wow that WAFFLE looks freaking amazing!

It really was. Messy to eat though and I ended up with caramel all over. I LOVE real Belgian waffles, the ones with the little sugar nibs inside. There's actually a really good brand of them at the store, Waffle Waffle, in the frozen section... it's just that they're like 340 calories for a waffle or something (one serving is 1/2 of a waffle for 140 calories, supposedly, but when you weigh them it's closer to 3 servings per waffle). But so good.
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I'll be curious to see what you think of Oatmeal Raisin. I think LolBroScience is the only one I've seen say they loved it. I loved Talenti's Tiramisu, but it's the only brand I've had of that flavor so far.

People are turning me off the Oatmeal Raisin flavor, lol. I'm not overly fond of raisins or oatmeal raisin cookies in the first place though.

I really liked Breyer's Tiramisu as well. I wish they were on sale more often because for the calories they are really worth it, IMO (although I guess a serving is smaller than Talenti in weight so it's probably similar).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

It really was. Messy to eat though and I ended up with caramel all over. I LOVE real Belgian waffles, the ones with the little sugar nibs inside. There's actually a really good brand of them at the store, Waffle Waffle, in the frozen section... it's just that they're like 340 calories for a waffle or something (one serving is 1/2 of a waffle for 140 calories, supposedly, but when you weigh them it's closer to 3 servings per waffle). But so good.
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

People are turning me off the Oatmeal Raisin flavor, lol. I'm not overly fond of raisins or oatmeal raisin cookies in the first place though.

I really liked Breyer's Tiramisu as well. I wish they were on sale more often because for the calories they are really worth it, IMO (although I guess a serving is smaller than Talenti in weight so it's probably similar).

I like raisins by themselves and in cookies, just not sure I want to spend that much on a flavor only one person has given a positive review for. I know I had rum raisin years ago, and that's the only time I've had raisins in my ice cream, but I don't even remember if I liked it or not. I'll have to pick up the Breyer's sometime.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I like raisins by themselves and in cookies, just not sure I want to spend that much on a flavor only one person has given a positive review for. I know I had rum raisin years ago, and that's the only time I've had raisins in my ice cream, but I don't even remember if I liked it or not. I'll have to pick up the Breyer's sometime.

With your glowing review of the Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie I'll have to pick that one up next time Giant has Turkey Hill on sale for $1.99.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

With your glowing review of the Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie I'll have to pick that one up next time Giant has Turkey Hill on sale for $1.99.

At first I read that as "Giant has Turkey Hill on sale for $1.99" and my heart may have started racing a little bit. I paid full price, but I was afraid to miss my chance. Sometimes I go back for something and it's gone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I saw it... at Acme for $1.99. Was SO tempted.. but no room in the freezer :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good!
    Ugg, I really wanted to try another flavor from them (really enjoyed affogato all'amarena and the tiramisu) but I ended up picking up Talenti banana chocolate swirl because it was on clearance at Target. :/

I picked up oatmeal raisin cookie out of interest and found it pretty forgettable.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    4vymwnic8j5j.jpg

My kinda breakfast.

fOTlhkj.jpg

I really want to try the silvia maria but haven't had any luck finding it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    My kinda breakfast.

Pretty sure it a flavor that is not available. Google tells me that picture is from 2013. Caffienated ice cream would become my breakfast instead of xyience drinks.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been away for a while from the group (not including the cleanse of course) and so I have to report on the new ice cream I am trying - not sure if anyone has mentioned it earlier. It is Steve's Whoopie Pies and Sweet Cream - a very simple flavor but just excellent if you ask me. I didn't see them on the main Steve's website but there are a bunch of new flavors I want to try on their facebook page (I don't have facebook, but when I didn't see it on their main page I searched for the whoopee pie on google and I was able to go to their facebook that way) that sound really interesting - Thai Peanut Butter and Manhattan Cherry Chip. I would love to try some of the others but it looks like they are non-dairy and the coconut cream part scares me because coconut is the food of the devil if you ask me (and yes I know most people will probably disagree on that one) - I just cannot stand it. If anyone had tried any of the dairy free can you tell me if they have any sort of coconut flavor to them - even a small amount of it usually grosses me out, but some (like the burnt sugar vanilla) sound good otherwise.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    My kinda breakfast.

Pretty sure it a flavor that is not available. Google tells me that picture is from 2013. Caffienated ice cream would become my breakfast instead of xyience drinks.

From what I understand the McConnell's Turkish Coffee has quite a caffeine buzz, but I am not speaking from personal experience. But my boyfriend is a big coffee drinker and he is the one that mentioned it, so I would believe it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I've finally gotten around to trying the tiramisu from silvia maria, and it was amazingly good!
    Ugg, I really wanted to try another flavor from them (really enjoyed affogato all'amarena and the tiramisu) but I ended up picking up Talenti banana chocolate swirl because it was on clearance at Target. :/

I picked up oatmeal raisin cookie out of interest and found it pretty forgettable.

I felt the same way. Their Cookie Dough was so awful I gave it to my nieces & nephews who in my opinion have no taste buds. In December I bought the awful Holiday Pringles flavors & could only eat one of the White Chocolate & they gobbled the rest down like they were starved.