100 pushup challenge

Options

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Week 2 done.

Day 3 was certainly easier than days one and two.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    Week 2 done.

Well done!
    Day 3 was certainly easier than days one and two.

Not for me! I had to cheat a little on the last set. Just a little extra rest near the end. I'm calling it good enough. :)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Finally did my W1D1 today! Not too bad, but my stomach muscles complained a lot (yesterday was my core strength day).
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Finally did my W1D1 today! Not too bad, but my stomach muscles complained a lot (yesterday was my core strength day).

Did mine on Friday. Weee!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

I couldn't believe how much push ups worked your abs till day 1. Who knew lol
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I had to do them on my knees. My abs were fine, but one of my ribs got cranky later that day.
  • glossbones
    Options
    I'm no stranger to push ups. I used to train in martial arts and at the end of most classes we would do 10 push-ups per student in attendance. Never made it to 100 without flopping over though.
  • kuranda10
    Options
    I don't like Week 3 at all so far :'(
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Oh dear - about to start week 3 today. I find it easier with the longer rests in between. I can feel a difference in my arm muscles after two weeks though, so something is happening. I do them on my knees so have a low base.
  • glossbones
    Options
    W1D2 was yesterday. I can already start to see some more definition in muscles groups in my back and in my triceps, though my neck is killing me (I can't help but tense it during exercise).
  • Annette_906
    Annette_906 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Before I had the baby I could do quite a few push up but again I'm down to basically none! Let's see where this leads!! :)
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    On week 3 - did 80 pushups! Can feel the difference in my triceps, definitely. Still doing my "alternative" ones on my knees, but I do now feel that they are worth doing.
  • glossbones
    Options
    On week 3 - did 80 pushups! Can feel the difference in my triceps, definitely. Still doing my "alternative" ones on my knees, but I do now feel that they are worth doing.

Fantastic progress! congrats!
  • wabmester
    Options
    W3D1 complete. 80 frickin' non-consecutive push ups. The last one was barely a push up, and I was on the floor in a fetal position after that. Mommy.
  • kuranda10
    edited April 2015
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    W3D1 complete. 80 frickin' non-consecutive push ups. The last one was barely a push up, and I was on the floor in a fetal position after that. Mommy.

You guys are blowing me out of the water.

I just did W3D2 and only did 55 non-consecutive. I was only able to do 17 consecutive and that was on my knees!
  • wabmester
    Options
    It's not how many you do, but how hard you push for the incremental gain. I both love and hate how much these kill me. Mostly hate. :)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Just finished the test before week 3 starts. I was able to do 25, on the initial test I could only do 12. :) It's working!
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Awesome! S3e3, 100 pushups! Though it was very hard! No way could I do it with real pushups!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did the test between weeks 2 and 3 (from the app), and barely got 27. I'm up to something like 57 non-consecutive.

The disadvantage of being zero carb -- I have no glycogen for pumping out "the last few" in the "X+" parts, so I end up short pretty much every time. I'm still progressing, though (albeit slowly), so that's what matters. My initial test was 20, so it is more, but not as much more as I'd hoped.

I've always had trouble building my shoulder area, though. Even doing martial arts of one form or another for three years, I still can't do things like hold my arms over my head for more than about 30 seconds. =/
  • wabmester
    Options
    100 pushups! Though it was very hard! No way could I do it with real pushups!

Excellent! One of the many beauties of this sort of exercise is that you can increase difficulty after you master repetitions. Switch to "real" push ups for the next round. Put a stack of books under your toes, put some weight on your back, do 'em one-handed, add a clap, etc.