Diabetic Chat Group April 2015

Options

Replies

• gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    On going is fine. I'm just wondering how many people we are going to lose coming here that will leave a lot of holes in the SS.
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    To be honest the same loyal small group are the only ones who utilized it on the NS site. It'll be great to grow this group solid. I must admit not being able to always follow closely because of work and blocks on access was making me feel disconnected. I can access MFP so maybe it'll be better! The ss I can't update via my phone but we'll get it done.,

Looking for Jeff and Kathy. Crystal where are you? Friends- check in. New diabetics or new to us, welcome!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »
    To be honest the same loyal small group are the only ones who utilized it on the NS site. It'll be great to grow this group solid. I must admit not being able to always follow closely because of work and blocks on access was making me feel disconnected. I can access MFP so maybe it'll be better! The ss I can't update via my phone but we'll get it done.,

Looking for Jeff and Kathy. Crystal where are you? Friends- check in. New diabetics or new to us, welcome!

I am really glad to have a site for diabetics. I had not realized NS had one, so this is a good surprise. I really love the groups and it seems like they make such a difference! I am surprised how good my BS's are eating the NS food. They are usually filling and I don't get as tempted because they offer the food I usually have a hard time managing in a reasonable portion. That is usually my problem. (LOL-one of them!)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Buttons
    You are just one of many, Myself included that have substantially improved their BS readings with the NutriSystem Diet. One benefit You would think they would plug more.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I had thought about NS for a long while before starting and then I saw the ad that Marie Osmond did that talked about lowering BS, etc. It finally kicked in my head and I talked to my doc.
    So, I finally made the decision and in my 3rd week.
    Blood sugars have improved during day with less crashes late at night during sleep.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Buttons
    You are just one of many, Myself included that have substantially improved their BS readings with the NutriSystem Diet. One benefit You would think they would plug more.

Cheers
    Roger
    I had thought about NS for a long while before starting and then I saw the ad that Marie Osmond did that talked about lowering BS, etc. It finally kicked in my head and I talked to my doc.
    So, I finally made the decision and in my 3rd week.
    Blood sugars have improved during day with less crashes late at night during sleep.

Yep, I do not think some of them use the program, as this surely would benefit many people, Roger.
    Congrats to you, Nightingale! Night crashes need to be avoided! :o
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Oh, don't I know and, thank you, Buttons. I've had several in the past year. I honestly am so much improved, however. No recent falls/injuries.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Oh, don't I know and, thank you, Buttons. I've had several in the past year. I honestly am so much improved, however. No recent falls/injuries.

Glad things have improved that much! That is amazing! I have felt so much better, I am surprised I can eat the whole grain products. If I can stay at or below 32g. at a time, I can eat them. That has surprised me, as I like bread and cereal, and was missing them. I can ALMOST see my feet now, so feel a little more stable! LOL! That and coffee and I am a happy camper!
  • linna62
    Options

I used to fall alot. Some of it is neuropathy but I didn't realize how much my body size dismorphed everything. Glad to hear you are doing better.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks, linna62. Yes, the neuropathy is present. I'm hoping the weight loss will greatly improve that, too.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I did not realize until now that was why I was falling! After reading both your posts it has dawned on me! I love these posts- you sure learn a lot!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I have to really watch where I walk. It's like a "fear of falling". I scope out areas where I walk to ensure they are flat surfaces and w/o any obstacles.

I am really enjoying the Diabetic thread, too, Buttons.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »

Glad things have improved that much! That is amazing! I have felt so much better, I am surprised I can eat the whole grain products. If I can stay at or below 32g. at a time, I can eat them. That has surprised me, as I like bread and cereal, and was missing them. I can ALMOST see my feet now, so feel a little more stable! LOL! That and coffee and I am a happy camper!

Hi
    The Whole Grain thing is a little surprising.
    Have a Good Day
    Roger

I used to fall alot. Some of it is neuropathy but I didn't realize how much my body size dismorphed everything. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Hi Linna
    That sounds like really good news. I used to be less Stable on my feet until I lost weight too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, linna62. Yes, the neuropathy is present. I'm hoping the weight loss will greatly improve that, too.

Hi
    I have had some numbness for many years. I just kept working with it. I does seem somewhat better now however but I still get it if I walk on a hard surface barefoot. So I wear Moccasins around the house these days.

have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    We Diabetics have to be careful with our feet for sure.

Diabetic feet lose feeling over time, one may develop neuropathy, and walking barefoot is a no no. Wearing good shoes is important to ensure we do not step on objects that can penetrate the sole of the shoe and/or cause any type of contact injury. We all know scrapes, scratches, punctures, and tears are hard to heal anyway for us. And, if we injure our feet, we might not feel it then the injury can become very problematic if overlooked.
  • Buttons61
    Options

Diabetic feet lose feeling over time, one may develop neuropathy, and walking barefoot is a no no. Wearing good shoes is important to ensure we do not step on objects that can penetrate the sole of the shoe and/or cause any type of contact injury. We all know scrapes, scratches, punctures, and tears are hard to heal anyway for us. And, if we injure our feet, we might not feel it then the injury can become very problematic if overlooked.

So true! I am learning. I have made myself wear shoes, as I always went barefooted. I have a problem with my legs below the knees.They bruise up and I am not sure if it is the diabetes or fluid retention bruising. I gets better with lotion or cortisone cream, but never goes away. It just kind of reappears. Does anyone else have that?
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Since I've become more aware, the condition of my feet have improved over the past 2 years. Now they are smooth and no cracks, tears, etc.

No, I've had no issues with bruising/retention of the lower extremities.
  • crystalwise
    crystalwise Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I found you!! :smiley: Hope everyone is doing well. My Dr checkup went amazingly well. My A1C dropped again by .1. I know it doesn't seem like much, but to me it means the world. My other numbers looked great and the Dr said I don't have to come back until September. Hope you are all doing well.
  • linna62
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I found you!! :smiley: Hope everyone is doing well. My Dr checkup went amazingly well. My A1C dropped again by .1. I know it doesn't seem like much, but to me it means the world. My other numbers looked great and the Dr said I don't have to come back until September. Hope you are all doing well.

Progress is progress. Nice to see you here kiddo.

• linna62
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »

So true! I am learning. I have made myself wear shoes, as I always went barefooted. I have a problem with my legs below the knees.They bruise up and I am not sure if it is the diabetes or fluid retention bruising. I gets better with lotion or cortisone cream, but never goes away. It just kind of reappears. Does anyone else have that?
    Yes I do, not bruising but red discoloration. I also have battled foot ulcers. One started as a callous and the others as blisters. I don't feel my feet- although I have the sharp shocks. I use the thorlo socks for diabetics and my sandals are vionics. Daily care, lots of lotion and massage.
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi
    I had seen the advice to wear shoes, I wondered why, Now thanks to You I know.

Much Appreciated
    Roger

Hi Crystal
    Congratulations, That is a great drop. No doctor visit until September is also a Nice Victory.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Yes I do, not bruising but red discoloration. I also have battled foot ulcers. One started as a callous and the others as blisters. I don't feel my feet- although I have the sharp shocks. I use the thorlo socks for diabetics and my sandals are vionics. Daily care, lots of lotion and massage.
    [/quote]

Hi Linna
    You are having a time of it. Thanks to Your advice I now wear footwear around the house and do not out to the car barefoot like I used to do.

Thank You
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png