New members - tell us about yourself

Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie, welcome to the group and welcome back to MFP! Glad to hear your sight is better. We're really looking forward to getting to know you better.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am relatively new to MFP and am on my way to losing 25lbs. I've never had to lose weight before....and it's not easy! I've lost 7 so far (in about 8 weeks) and am hoping to wear a bikini by July! LOL....it's been a while!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am relatively new to MFP and am on my way to losing 25lbs. I've never had to lose weight before....and it's not easy! I've lost 7 so far (in about 8 weeks) and am hoping to wear a bikini by July! LOL....it's been a while!

Welcome to the our group.. We look forward to supporting you on your weightloss journey :)
  • SpeedRacer13
    Options
    Thanks BBee!
    Happy Friday all! Lost 2 this week!!!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Welcome Speedracer, good group here.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hello Speedracer -- I know the feeling - I'm just getting back into my Speedo.... LOL.... I'll never be in shape for that one! Swimmers would leave the pool. Best of luck on your loss!
  • SpeedRacer13
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Hello Speedracer -- I know the feeling - I'm just getting back into my Speedo.... LOL.... I'll never be in shape for that one! Swimmers would leave the pool. Best of luck on your loss!

LOL..NO man should EVER wear a speedo..even if he has the body of Shemar Moore...LOL..even HE shouldn't wear one!!!! Thanks!

• julielittle51
    julielittle51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thank you for accepting me in your group. I'm 63 years old and need to lose over 100 pounds to get healthy again. I've only been on MFP for about a week, and like it a lot. I'm doing small weekly goals because that 100lb mark is sooo big.
    Julie

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thank you for accepting me in your group. I'm 63 years old and need to lose over 100 pounds to get healthy again. I've only been on MFP for about a week, and like it a lot. I'm doing small weekly goals because that 100lb mark is sooo big.
    Julie

Hi Julie,
    Welcome and congrats on starting MFP :). Time goes by quickly enough. I like to imagine how I will feel in 3 months time using mfp and sticking to my goals as much as I can :).
    ~Maree

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »

LOL..NO man should EVER wear a speedo..even if he has the body of Shemar Moore...LOL..even HE shouldn't wear one!!!! Thanks!

Agreed. We have a prime minister who prides himself on physical fitness. I can do without photos of him in his budgie smugglers though

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    julielittle51, welcome. You can do this. I just turned 63 on Sunday and I have lost 84 pounds and better yet have kept it off. Small goals are a wonderful idea. Keeps you from being overwhelmed. I find patience is the hardest thing. This is a mental challenge, as well as a physical one.
  • SpeedRacer13
    Options
    LOL..Luthien007...too funny
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Edmonton, Canada. I've been off and on MFP for a few years now. I lost 50 lbs a couple years ago, thought I had it all under control. WRONG! Gained it all back plus some (funny how that works) and so back again. I have been a yoyo my whole life it seems. Glad to see another group for us over 50. I'm always looking to add long term mature folks for support and a few laughs. I'm keeping my diary closed for while because I need to learn to be honest with myself to be honest with others. Its a beautiful day here in the great white north so I'm out to get some yardwork done. Have a great weekend!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Greetings from Edmonton, Canada.!

Welcome to the group. Glad to hear your back at it. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 49 - not quite 50 - but would like to share the challenges and successes with this group.
    I weigh just under 170 and would like to get down to 150 as a first step - where I was at most of my life - and then down to 125 and we'll see how that is. I'm 5'2", and live in Vancouver, Canada.
    I just started with FitBit as well as MFP.
    I'm not doing well on the weight training/gym side of things, but aim for starters to get my walks consistent...and I'm doing a hike tomorrow. I also just posted a couple of local notices, to see if I can generate any interest in a walking group.
    - Lisa
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the group! We've got a great bunch here. Read through the other discussions and jump in with any questions or comments. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Edmonton, Canada. I've been off and on MFP for a few years now. I lost 50 lbs a couple years ago, thought I had it all under control. WRONG! Gained it all back plus some (funny how that works) and so back again. I have been a yoyo my whole life it seems. Glad to see another group for us over 50. I'm always looking to add long term mature folks for support and a few laughs. I'm keeping my diary closed for while because I need to learn to be honest with myself to be honest with others. Its a beautiful day here in the great white north so I'm out to get some yardwork done. Have a great weekend!

Welcome to the group. U & I have identical stories. I also lost 50 lb a few years ago & slowly gained it all back..
    We can do it again.. We have the right support in the group
    1 pounds at a time xx
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tami. I am 50 years old. I have been a member of MFP since January of 2012. I have lost 62 lbs. and although officially 3lbs away from goal, I have been maintaining my weight for about a year now. My main focus now is on being healthy and fit. I am excited to be part of a group of people in the same age range. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My name is Nancy and I'm 56. Have been on MFP for a couple of years but just now getting serious (I guess better late than never). I've been doing Yoga and Reformer for the last few months and am definitely feeling better. The weight loss has been slow (only 10 lbs since January) but I can fit into clothes a size smaller - and - most importantly - I feel better. I've got another 50 lbs to lose, so could use all the support I can get and hope this group will help with that.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers! I hope you will join in, share your triumphs and concerns, and share in the strong support we offer one another.