Meativore May {{May 1 Check-In}}

Replies

• stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Ready for day four! Yesterday I ended up eating 800 over my calories, not because I was hungry but because I kept feeling like I needed to eat something. When I looked at my pie chart at the end of the day it gave me 70% Fat and 30% protein. First time carbs where not mentioned!

I have not added any AS to my water or coffee, although I know I have not been drinking enough water (and too much coffee), but I did break down and chew a few pieces of gum. This is going to be a hard battle to win.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    So....i am in for sure. i had a "eat all the carbz" day on May 2. Since then i have been doing ZC and IF... Just kind of toying around with the IF... the cheat day made me feel crappy the next morning but since then, i have been feeling great. i am not sure if it was a mental release, something physical, i can't say. Since going ZC i lost .5" on the waist and gained like two pounds. i am at a frustrating stall but i know if i keep researching and trying new things, something will give.
    ~jen
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    I'm dropping from ZC. At this point, meat doesn't even sound tasty even though I'm hungry enough my stomach is growling at me. I'm just going to focus on keeping my carbs down (40g max) and my fats up.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited May 2015
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I'm dropping from ZC. At this point, meat doesn't even sound tasty even though I'm hungry enough my stomach is growling at me. I'm just going to focus on keeping my carbs down (40g max) and my fats up.

That's actually common. As mentioned before, even the Arctic explorers went through that, until hunger overcame the lack of desire for meat.

It's up to you, of course, but I encourage you to press through it if you can (and fasting isn't causing its own problems).
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    That's actually common. As mentioned before, even the Arctic explorers went through that, until hunger overcame the lack of desire for meat.

It's up to you, of course, but I encourage you to press through it if you can (and fasting isn't causing its own problems).

I may try it again later, but I think that right now, if I try to hold out until I want meat, I'm going to end up eating tamales & chips & queso pretty quickly.
  • JennyToy
    meat always sounds good to me, which i guess is why i keep coming back. It just always sounds yummy.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Today (as planned) is my day one.
    Starting
    216.5 lbs
    Took many measurements so, hoping to at least see some of those change.

I'm not tracking because trying to track meat will drive me mad! But I'm hardcore meativore this month so...

Just meat n eggs. Coffee n butter. Period. Oh and water.

I'm having severe indigestion today. Like (TMI) acid coming spontaneously into my mouht. I have a headache and of course tired. I've had the headache and tired since I started LCHF about 2 months ago. :(

If this challenge doesn't yeild positive results my next step is to do <15net carbs/day and only green veggies. *sigh* There's got to be a way!

On the up side, asthma isn't getting worse. Isn't getting better, but isn't getting worse any more. All the puffers make my throat soare. Doubt I can start to running, but trying to think of any other exercise I might be able to do. Thinking of body weight exercises. I can get in about 10 pushups before my asthma is triggered for the day, so if I keep reps low at least I'm getting something. GAH!

I'm in the OMG I want sweets camp too! I really don't want to eat anything but can't get it out of my brain and if I drink more water the acid reflux is horrible! going to go out tonight to keep busy! I'm sure it will sort itself out in a few days.

Here's to a successful day one!
  • gsp90x
    edited May 2015
    Someone mentioned they were trying to keep their carbs under 20net but were doing meativore. Am I missing something? How do you end up over 20net if you're only eating meat?
    Edit: and cheese n eggs etc. That would still be a heck of a lot of cheese n eggs wouldn't it?
  • Dragonwolf
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

I may try it again later, but I think that right now, if I try to hold out until I want meat, I'm going to end up eating tamales & chips & queso pretty quickly.

Fair enough, good luck with your adjustments. :drinker:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    gsp90x wrote: »
    Someone mentioned they were trying to keep their carbs under 20net but were doing meativore. Am I missing something? How do you end up over 20net if you're only eating meat?
    Edit: and cheese n eggs etc. That would still be a heck of a lot of cheese n eggs wouldn't it?

That would be a heck of a lot, plus net carbs are meaningless for carnivores. If you're eating something with fiber, you're not eating meat. Sure, seasoning might have some, but you'd really need to be killing things with seasoning to get the fiber up to an appreciable amount.

I did end up with a few carbs today. My wife had some sausages with cheese. Really borderline stuff, in my book, so I wasn't planning on eating any. My wife didn't like them. They were like 2g of carbs each. And, yeah, I ate three. Cheese and carbs from fillers and some trace amounts of sugar. But, it was mostly meat. I couldn't let them go to waste. :blush:
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Can we eat pork rinds on this challenge?
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    I've been living on:

Coffee with double cream.
    Eggs.
    Bacon.
    Steak.
    Pork belly.
    Pork spare ribs (the boneless ones).

1kg (2.2lbs) lighter.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    kfat1 wrote: »
    Can we eat pork rinds on this challenge?

Yes, just check to make sure the ingredients don't include sugar or stuff like that (very few do unless they are a sweet bbq or sweet chili flavor).
  • Dragonwolf
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    gsp90x wrote: »

That would be a heck of a lot, plus net carbs are meaningless for carnivores. If you're eating something with fiber, you're not eating meat. Sure, seasoning might have some, but you'd really need to be killing things with seasoning to get the fiber up to an appreciable amount.

I did end up with a few carbs today. My wife had some sausages with cheese. Really borderline stuff, in my book, so I wasn't planning on eating any. My wife didn't like them. They were like 2g of carbs each. And, yeah, I ate three. Cheese and carbs from fillers and some trace amounts of sugar. But, it was mostly meat. I couldn't let them go to waste. :blush:

I know I push the carb amount when I get lattes. I get them plain now (just espresso and milk), but even with half & half (or better yet, cream, but that's hard to come by), it still racks up the carbs. It's a treat at this point for me, but I can see someone with a non-black coffee habit struggling to get under 20g even on a carnivorous diet.
  • gsp90x
    Right, ok. Fair enough, if you're including dairy, I could see how the carbs could go up quickly. But, I see then I'm safe as I'm also not doing dairy this month. I think I WILL however track my calories, just for data sake, not to adjust. But I'm suspecting I'm going to be one of those people who are going to still have to track calories to loose. But for this month, we'll just let the body do it's thing and see where we end up. For heavens sake, before my calorie goal was 1200. I've already eaten 730 calories just for breakfast!!
  • ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    I've been a bit hit or miss on the artificial sweeteners, but have maintained zero carb since May 1. The scale hasn't moved, in fact, went up a bit, but all of the sudden I can fit into some of my old XL shirts I had stashed away. Color me excited!
  • JennyToy
    I've been a bit hit or miss on the artificial sweeteners, but have maintained zero carb since May 1. The scale hasn't moved, in fact, went up a bit, but all of the sudden I can fit into some of my old XL shirts I had stashed away. Color me excited!

that's a win in my book!! congrats!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    If the place where you get your coffee has whipped cream (not in an aerosol can), ask for heavy cream in your coffee. That's what I do at Starbucks.
  • Dragonwolf
    If the place where you get your coffee has whipped cream (not in an aerosol can), ask for heavy cream in your coffee. That's what I do at Starbucks.

They only have the aerosol canned one. One of the stores actually does have heavy cream, but it's hit or miss whether they can use it (due to the managers), so I just do half & half, which I know they'll do without a problem, and limit the frequency that I go there.
  • fancydancingnancy
    fancydancingnancy Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Im new here and want to do May challenge. Im 152lb and have 25 to lose. I would be happy with 8lb this month. I am actually exercising now. Lo carb works for me. I am a bread crack addict so its best to stay away. My inspiration is to see my bellybutton again lol