Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I just started using MFP again 3 days ago after a very long break. I also started Isagenix. My exercise plan is weight lifting 3 days a week and walking everyday. Hoping to be in better shape by July 1st as that's when I see my gf after 3 months apart! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)
    Brittany
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    shiftynj wrote: »
    Friend took me to a vegan restaurant for lunch yesterday... behaved myself with my entree order but succumbed to a decadent dessert (cashew pudding, who knew?) No idea what I was eating but weight is flat since yesterday, so no long term damage LOL.

I've never had cashew pudding but cashew ice cream is crazy good. I don't think it's possible to make cashews bad, everything should be cashews.

I was introduced to cashew ice cream yesterday, which is very very bad. The good news is that it is marginally healthier than Ben and Jerry's...

I've been slacking the last couple of weeks as far as logging goes and I'm kind of afraid to weigh myself. I've kept up my exercise routine surprisingly well, though.

I pulled a muscle in my chest a couple of weeks ago (add that to the list of reasons why binding sucks) and it is taking its sweet time to recover completely. It has been interestingn to see which exercises are the ones that actually aggravate it. For instance, I can do a chest press and it won't bother me, but I tried to do tricep dips and it felt like someone was trying to cleave my chest open.
  • sunnycrash
    sunnycrash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today was pretty good, I actually enjoy resistance training these days. It's starting to get really cold where I live so I'm making warm meals like lentils and oats, which is nice. I've had some bad days this month and I'm worried I won't meet my goal for this month, but I can only move forward and be patient I guess. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow :)
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    sunnycrash wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today was pretty good, I actually enjoy resistance training these days. It's starting to get really cold where I live so I'm making warm meals like lentils and oats, which is nice. I've had some bad days this month and I'm worried I won't meet my goal for this month, but I can only move forward and be patient I guess. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow :)

Everyone eats more when it gets colder; don't beat yourself up about it, it happens! Good luck to ya. :)

I had a good day, running and weight lifting and spending quality time outside in the sun. Weight-wise I've gone up, but I think much of it is muscle (yay!) plus hormonal fluctuations (boo!). I haven't been very consistent with exercise but I've definitely bulked up (as much as estrogen-producing bodies can), so that's exciting :smiley:
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, been staying with friends who have no scale (which is probably good given what we've been eating/drinking) but I've also been getting a lot of exercise... got in my first paddleboard cruise of the year in addition to miles on the bike and walking. Got new kicks at the outlets so planning to do a run today.

Hope everybody made the most of the Memorial/Remembrance Day holiday.
  • sskustomz
    sskustomz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all .. New to this (so bear with me!) .. I have lost 9.1kg (that's about 20lbs) of my 18kg goal and an hoping this group and new friends will re-motivate me for the next 1/2 of my journey.. My partner of 15+ yrs is MTF Trans and while she is very supportive she is also 20kg (like 45lbs) lighter so on a very different journey .. Am looking forward to checking in with you to help encourage and share our journeys!!
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm new to this group, but can always use a tip or a hand, or some support. I'm doing my best to do this on my own, I have words of support from my daughter and partner, but I haven't even told anyone else really that I am doing anything. I do the gym and monitor calories, though recently discovered that I was doing that wrong so I am changing things starting yesterday to make sure that I don't eat back the deficit of calories burned.... Hope all are well!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's been a bit since my last check-in. I've been logging consistently. Which feels great. & walking. Bit of swimming. Last week was finals and it seems like lots of exercise helps with the studying.

Did someone say cashew pudding? Yum! I've never met a pudding I didn't like.
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day so far...down some weight...feel good after and run and a swim yesterday just a little sore....Hoping the wind will die down for my bike ride later
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! Feeling pretty strong today, mentally and physically. Went out for dinner tonight with some friends and chose fairly well... I had a veggie burger without the bun and a caesar salad... I tend to eat a bit more clean at home, but this felt like an ok choice given the restaurant we went to. Going to do a workout on my stationary bike now - I love cycling!! Oh, and I might work on my arms a bit too...
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good news today: Down 6.2 lbs! So very excited to see this progress :)
  • shiftynj
    Options
    I haven't been able to weigh myself since we've been staying with friends and I'm a little neurotic about it. Luckily I have been staying pretty active which will hopefully counteract any indulgent eating/drinking! Did a 30 min paddleboard ride in stiff breeze today!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am down .1

Amazing, isn't it? Stop stop the applause.
  • conor937
    conor937 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to the group.

I've been logging my food diary for a few days now and been trying different kinds of exercise each day this week. Got up early this morning to go swimming, first time i've swam in years but it went really well, notwithstanding im now aching all over lol.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    I am down .1

Amazing, isn't it? Stop stop the applause.

Gotta start somewhere
  • shiftynj
    Options
    conor937 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to the group.

I've been logging my food diary for a few days now and been trying different kinds of exercise each day this week. Got up early this morning to go swimming, first time i've swam in years but it went really well, notwithstanding im now aching all over lol.

I went swimming over the winter and loved it. Wish I could do so more conveniently but my gym has only two locations with pool, neither of them near me. If you keep that up it should help you make great progress.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Ugh now begins 2+ days of much sitting (18 hours of training plus two 4-hour stints driving) and little control over what I get to eat.
  • fearthisfish42
    Options
    Good news today: Down 6.2 lbs! So very excited to see this progress :)

Nice work! Keep it up.

• fearthisfish42
    Options
    I had a great eating day yesterday...but as far as exercise goes it was not happening...I got home from work and was so tired I took a nap and my body did not want to get up from it...Then i went to the gym around 8pm and it was not happening at all was on the bike for 8 mintues then on the treadmill for a walk for 20 and that was about it...Today is a new day, going to run and have a strength training session all ready to go...