May Chat

Options

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...I forgot about the ones with the blast of hot air to dry you....never had such a pampered bum! lol :o

On the good side...I just went to Weight Watchers and have stayed the same weight , spot on goal so all good....maybe I can drop a pound now to get that little bit of leeway.....

jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Interesting thing with fitbit. I decided to try the sleep tracking last night.
    It says that I went to sleep at 11:08pm and woke up at 3pm.

:o

Imagine my surprise to find out I'd slept through the day!?
    (I actually got up at 7:30am)

I suppose that it decided I was up and about at 3am when I got up to pee.
    This is something I do every night.

So much for sleep tracking. Not that I need it. I mean. I can TELL whether or not I slept well.

Duh.

It's a nice day to sit out on the porch...

1muhbf8e2u4a.jpg
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Crisbtrue wrote: »
    Interesting thing with fitbit. I decided to try the sleep tracking last night.
    It says that I went to sleep at 11:08pm and woke up at 3pm.

:o

Imagine my surprise to find out I'd slept through the day!?
    (I actually got up at 7:30am)

I suppose that it decided I was up and about at 3am when I got up to pee.
    This is something I do every night.

So much for sleep tracking. Not that I need it. I mean. I can TELL whether or not I slept well.

Duh.

It's a nice day to sit out on the porch...

1muhbf8e2u4a.jpg

Lovely porch. So serene. You must really enjoy it.

I'm with you about needing a sleep app. It is pretty obvious when we are sleeping or not. I am not going to take sleeping pills so I just deal with my insomnia.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    ok, I am going to be the devil's advocate here. I thought I could tell when I was sleeping well or not, in fact had the fitbit for over a year and never used the sleep monitor for that reason! Then my dh decided to use it for a while. So, curiosity got me and I tried it.

Apparently I have not been sleeping well for so long that I have adjusted to that! I generally go to the bed around 9 and start reading, put the kindle or book away around 10ish. Imagine my surprise to find out that some nights I wake up 15 times and only have deep sleep for a couple of hours. On a good night I never get more than 6!!! I talked to my allergist, to see if I should be tested for sleep apnea, and she said I should just stop wearing it until after my tonsilectomy. Don't know if it has helped because I wanted to feel completely healed before I tried it again and I am not quite back to 100%. But the point it, I really could NOT tell if I had adequate sleep except for REALLY extreme nights when I did feel groggy the next day. Its an interesting source of information!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Found a calculator for walking hills, I live in a hilly area next to really large mountains, Long's Peak is less than an hour's drive from my house. This has a ton of different activities, I've used the app on my phone but never knew about the website's calculator, DUH.

http://www.mapmywalk.com/improve/calorie_calculator/
  • retirehappy
    Options
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    ok, I am going to be the devil's advocate here. I thought I could tell when I was sleeping well or not, in fact had the fitbit for over a year and never used the sleep monitor for that reason! Then my dh decided to use it for a while. So, curiosity got me and I tried it.

Apparently I have not been sleeping well for so long that I have adjusted to that! I generally go to the bed around 9 and start reading, put the kindle or book away around 10ish. Imagine my surprise to find out that some nights I wake up 15 times and only have deep sleep for a couple of hours. On a good night I never get more than 6!!! I talked to my allergist, to see if I should be tested for sleep apnea, and she said I should just stop wearing it until after my tonsilectomy. Don't know if it has helped because I wanted to feel completely healed before I tried it again and I am not quite back to 100%. But the point it, I really could NOT tell if I had adequate sleep except for REALLY extreme nights when I did feel groggy the next day. Its an interesting source of information!

Lots of people, myself included have a lot of arm movements at night. Do you have the setting to normal or sensitive? When I had mine at sensitive, I got around 4 hrs. averaged. After I reset to normal, it went to around 7 averaged. I am not overly concerned about my sleep patterns, so I just recharge mine overnights and only wear it from time to time to see if there is a big difference, so far not.
  • mamamiau
    mamamiau Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    <Raises hand> Sleep apnea patient here. I had no idea I was sleeping so badly until I went through a sleep study and got a CPAP. There's nobody I need to impress with my astonishing, sultry beauty at the moment, so I'm good with the mask and the hoses. And I feel so much better. Even the eye bags and dark circles have mostly disappeared.
  • CrisEBTrue
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I hear what you're saying. What I'm saying is, I don't know how the thing could really be accurately tracking my sleep if it says I slept from 11pm until 3PM <----in the afternoon.

Maybe it needs a nap. B):D

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Maybe reset it and see if it wakes it up to staying on task? If it keeps doing that, I'd contact fitbit through Contact Us.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A short while back I mentioned that I had been feeling weak and tired. My muscles were achy. I had cravings. I just wasn't feeling my usual self. Blood work and exam showed nothing. Advice: get more sleep.

Well, I may have found the answer! Went for my cardiac implant device check yesterday. Was not synching properly. First time in 5 years a significant adjustment was needed. I think I feel better since they made adjustments! (No achy muscles or weakness and I didn't get have any cravings or hunger.) Technician said it could be that the heart failure is just progressing and device needed tweaking OR my exercise has improved the heart function and device needed tweaking. I think I will go with the latter.

In my mind it makes sense. Blood doesn't pump out of heart well, you deprive you muscles from oxygen. Your metabolism slows down to take care of vital organs. Your hunger increases to feed those muscles and organs. She said that I have been retaining water for the last couple of months, too. It is what got me to 238 pounds to begin with when my heart failure went so long undiagnosed, makes sense that a little discrepancy in function would have some minor impact, too.

Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!
    animated-woman-image-0084.gif
  • CrisEBTrue
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hm. Maybe I'll try it again tonight. Or not.

Gizmos can just be a pain.

o9olyaezum94.gif
  • retirehappy
    Options
    GMCharlie, glad you got your issues taken care of, that is a major issue for sure.

Crisbtrue, not everyone is geared towards gizmos. If it doesn't work right, it might be a bad device or it could be a setting. Honestly, a reset usually takes care of most Fitbit issues if the device is not defective.
    http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/
    select your model and follow the instructions. IF that does not resolve the time issue, email customer support for this type thing they are great.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @grandmothercharlie my sincere hope they got the device tweaked correctly so you feel more well.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ...Technician said it could be that the heart failure is just progressing and device needed tweaking OR my exercise has improved the heart function and device needed tweaking. I think I will go with the latter...

Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!

Great report for National Senior Health & Fitness Day - and I definitely agree with your chosen point of view. To your continued good health!

Cris, what a beautiful view from your porch! Enjoy. ~ Kathy
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad they figured out what was slowing you down.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that they have been able to sort out your problem...here's to feeling better! <3

Jean
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Charlie are you continuing to feel better? I used to work in cardiac and I know that a minor need for tweaking can lead to a big impact in the way you feel! I'm going to go with you on the idea that your exercise has improved your heart function. The heart, after all, is a muscle, so it only makes sense!

Cris I love that cartoon! My first thought was that I could attach it to Bear's collar for a little while every day! That little bugger can move! lol Seriously, I have been way too lax on my steps the past couple of weeks and I plan to ramp that up with this new month's challenge.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @DreamOn145 What I notice the most is with hunger, or rather lack of it. I think my metabolism was slowing down and I was hungry in order to try to nourish the body better. I haven't had any cravings since the adjustments and 1200 has been easier once again. Did have a lot of achiness last night, but that could have been because, except to be in the car for a few short drives and 1/2 hour for lunch, I never sat down from 7 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Was standing on concrete most of that time. My heart rate has also slowed down now. Had been running between 80 and 95 bpm recently. Now running between 60 and 70 bpm. Doesn't need to work as hard when the ventricles are in synch.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Charlie sounds like that adjustment
    lead to quite an improvement for you. Happy you are feeling so much better.
    Marie