Hello May!

Options

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Gail - that shows great self-control! It's not easy with those favourite foods. Funny how it's so easy to not overeat cabbage, for instance.

Good idea about getting other people to hide things. Although I have myself to blame too - if I'm honest, I buy chips for myself, not my son, as he's more into sweet things.

Funny that the wholegrain version is less healthy! I've tried buying "healthy" versions, but the trouble for me is that if I think things are healthy I end up seeing it as a licence to eat more. I'm interested in your experiment of eating less more often, Snoozie. I've gone the other way compared to my former eating (i.e. I eat less frequently), but was reading something recently about more frequent eating being better. I'll see if I can dig it up. Here we go! The study found in favour of a protein-rich diet with 6 (rather than 3) meals a day. I've been thinking of trying it out. I'm nervous as I've got used to the three meals a day and works well for me - on the other hand, perhaps having an extra little meal to look forward to at the end of the day might help with staying on track.
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the geese - especially when nesting or have young. They are mean suckers! Hiss and run at you. Sounds like I may have run into problem with them a time or two, huh? Maybe if you sneak up on it?? And they pooh everywhere! I don't have to watch for rocks or ruts - I have to make sure I don't step on all the yard pickles - actually looks like dog doo sometimes.

Eating smaller amounts more often has helped me many times. Have gotten to the point that I absolutely hate that overfull feeling anymore. Used to feel like that pretty much on a daily basis - not so much anymore. And when I do overeat and feel like a blown up blimp - YUCK! :( Sticking to between 200-300 calories per most meals gets the job done.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ROFL Snooozie at your bench competition :):):) Great job braving the elements and getting your walk in today! Thanks for the reminder about smaller amounts more frequently- I have done that before and found it to be very helpful :)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    I should clarify i'm not intentionally eating less more often, not on purpose as such - I'm just not "scheduling" meal times anymore, I'm just kinda waiting til I feel hungry, and then just eat something - trying out eating just a 1/2 portion (i.e. 1/2 sandwich, or just a piece of roast beef or 2 rolled around some peppers) then wait til im hungry again to eat again.... it may change when my shifts do, but seems to be working at the moment, and think it's helping get my tummy used to smaller bits again!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :p Apparently YOGA was on the schedule down at the lake this morning; everyone got into the act; sun salutations, warrior pose, tree pose.... all I could manage was the corpse pose tho!!

xo6hum0qfuna.jpg
    a0zonj6m85md.jpg
    p7xz8pel7x33.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    sowwy they're so big.. dunno how to resize lol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    What a lovely place to walk, Suzanne! I love your yoga buddies!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!! What a fabulous place to walk !
  • Snooozie
    Options
    lol it just struck me as funny that everything I saw was doing some sort of yoga pose!!
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    What a perfect place to walk! And all your friends - living or not - were sending encouragement to keep up the good work! We've had so much rain here over the last 3 days - a snorkel is in order to go out walking. I actually took off my shoes and socks to walk back up through the back field -- we mow it, so it is like a giant lawn, so barefoot is okay. Didn't want to ruin my new shoes and socks again! Here's to a Monday Morning and eating clean, small meals and getting the burning in!!
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I am back and caught up with reading, nice pics of your yoga buddies Snoozie.

It's always good to get away but I really ate a lot, but one consolation is that I was in a house that had four flights of stairs and I was the designated cook I offered and I was in between the third and fourth floor for two days. My gift to my niece for her graduation. The exercise was intense for my knees became swollen, but I assure you it did not offset my eating. I cooked a lot and I ate a lot. BTW I love to entertain, cook, eat and drink. So I was extremely happy.

Goals: I am back to counting carbs in my diary goal met last week and continuing this week. and my new goal is to increase my walking. I hit 16000 yesterday at work and I am already almost at 9000 today.
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, so can I come back in the group again? :/
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Of course Patrice - once a hatter always a hatter...lol... B)
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    thank you, Snooozie for the motivation! Sometimes, it gets so difficult to see the end. But, then, wait! There is no END because of the Effort Never Dies..... As long as we are on the upper side of the dirt, keep going. Every. Single. Day! Failure only comes from not trying at all. Today may not be our best "effort", but it is never a failure. My mantra in life is very Scarlett -- "After all, tomorrow is another day!" Yes, I know I'm old when one of my all time favorite movies was Gone With the Wind.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning Hatters!! Been MIA during the dreaded night shift; but celebrating cause I did pretty well food wise this time, and more importantly, no more til Sept.. woo hoo!! Will be back in a few to catch up on the posts and some replies...

Patrice! Lovely to see you - you never left my friend lol... may have taken a hiatus like the rest of us from time to time, but as carol said, once a hatter, always a hatter!! :)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That's right OWR I am in for life, I might fall off or jump off, but I will climb back on with my achy bones and keep it moving. Nice to meet you Patrice, I'm Gwen.
    Snoozie you are the motivator, that night shift working is so difficult glad you are done for a while.

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I think FAIL for me should be MAIL sometimes - multiple attempts at learning! But I do like those words. I never find it does any good to feel guilty. And so true that there is no end! Maybe in very old age when my appetite fails, but until then I know I've got to keep at it. I like the Scarlett quote too - loved that film!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL Vailara... I agree!!! somehow the "first attempt at learning" didn't quite cut it for me... or else I've failed that class miserably about 1000 times!!! but the NO = next opportunity is working for me right now; I'm a little frustrating that the scale hasn't moved in weeks... and yes, I realize it not going UP is a good thing and perspective wise, if I was at maintenance, i'd probably do far better at it now than I did the first time I got there but since I'm not, I am struggling with why i'm not losing.. I truly do NOT want to go back to logging; but I thin i'm going to have to for a few weeks at least to get a true view of what i'm taking in... otherwise I just seem to be floundering..... even tho I feel good about eating better and moving more, something ain't working obviously..

I think im not really sure WHERE to start right now.. as silly as that seems after all this time on here... you'd think i'd just decide ok back to CICO etc... but I'm not sure that's the simple answer anymore; I; dunno if it has to do with a combination of the hormones, cortisol, lack of sleep from the joy of menopause and shifts, or as simple as i am really just eating more than I think I am... but i'll have to figure it out because what I'm doing now isn't getting results LOL.. so something has to change... I have a week of dayshift coming up so maybe i'll suck it up and log for that week to at least get a baseline of how much Im eating... kinda weird but I don't really feel like setting any goals, or laying out a plan to get to my goal weight again... but without them, I think I will just continue to flounder... yes I am apparently just rambling some thoughts at the moment LOL.. so think i'll haul my ever widening *kitten* down to the lake and contemplate what im going to do with the ducks - maybe they'll have the answer!! HAAAAAAA... off to take my senior friend to the garden centre after, and suspect there will be some planting in my future hours.. lol hope everyone has a good day and wouldn't mind hearing where everyone else is at mentally and/or physically these days... maybe just so I know im not losing my mind I admit LOL.. unless I am.... in which case... if anyone finds it, please send it home!! :)
  • OldWomanRuns
    Options
    Good Thursday morning! Realizing that June = hotter weather = shorts and tanks = Holy Heck I have too much jiggle in my wiggle to be showing these cellulite ridden thighs!! My goals for this week is to reassess my macros and what I am actually eating as opposed to what I should be eating to be able to roll on into the summer time.

Snooozie, I'm feeling your frustration. After I had initially lost the weight and thought I've got this all figured out - I quit logging or doing anything really. I stopped being motivated to walk/run, thought I was too busy. I stopped logging my foods. I started saying just 1 doughnut won't hurt me. I basically just stopped. Thought I had it all together and knew how to eat. Back came 15 pounds in a relatively short amount of time. Pissed me off!!! (at myself). So, I crawled back with my tail between my legs. Do I really want to log for the rest of my life? No! Do I apparently need a kick in the head to figure this out? Yes! Motivation/Inspiration/Reality are the things I'm gleaning from logging. Is it perfect? Um, heck no! Yes, I put a goal weight in, which I'm pleased to say is 15 pounds lower than my original goal I had already met. I've always thought there was a healthy/skinny person inside me screaming to get out and be visible, now, I admit to myself, I'm just a fluffy fatty at heart fighting to be healthy.