Post pics FROM your rides

Options

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    We've also had a lot of flooding lately. This is one of my favorite rides but as you can see, there is currently a lake in the way. It's a delightful odor.hbwlon8jq3eq.jpg

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We've also had a lot of flooding lately. This is one of my favorite rides but as you can see, there is currently a lake in the way. It's a delightful odor.hbwlon8jq3eq.jpg

Oh jeez! Looks like Houston out there! Hehe
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Pssht! You've got a fat bike! Ride right through!
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    I would never treat my bike with such disregard.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    How is it treating it with disregard? You bought it to ride, right? Ride the hell out of it, smile and laugh while having fun! Just give it some love and TLC when you get home and it will laugh and smiling along with you!

Imagine the stories you could tell if you actually rode it through the water instead of saying, "I rode my fat bike down a paved trail, but then there was some water in the way, so I turned around and went home."

Just sticking to smooth surfaces and never getting it dirty would be like buying a Ferrari La Ferrari and only ever driving it to the coffee shop and never exceeding the speed limit. That car was built for the track and should have its wheels driven off! By babying it all its life is a real shame.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    I ride a fat bike, not a pontoon boat. That water is probably 3 to 4 feet deep. Even if it was shallow enough to pass, I don't need water seeping in and ruining my tubeless setup, nor do I want to jack up my bottom bracket. All of my bicycles see plenty of adventure, but I don't do stupid things that could ruin them.

You make an awful lot of assumptions based on one photo.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    I ride a fat bike, not a pontoon boat. That water is probably 3 to 4 feet deep. Even if it was shallow enough to pass, I don't need water seeping in and ruining my tubeless setup, nor do I want to jack up my bottom bracket. All of my bicycles see plenty of adventure, but I don't do stupid things that could ruin them.

:tongue: I'm just having fun, buddy. Chill.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    cowbellsandcoffee Love those bright colors! As a driver, I can appreciate the bright obnoxiousness to see you better with. And dude, do you have two different socks on or is that the shadow playing with my eyes!
  • allaboutthecake
    edited June 2015
    Options

:tongue: I'm just having fun, buddy. Chill.

Boys, boys, boys..... ;);)

...and yes, I agree stay out of the water. Turn Around Don't Drown is the mantra.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    Some photos from recent rides:

drs5w2qixowv.jpg

vc7zgads3uwz.jpg

m1yiauk7cdug.jpg

rpysbvk145a4.jpg

o4ahazl2nwkr.jpg

5k9zg36w4a3z.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    10c2vyk9l0vg.jpg

That looks fantastic!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    cowbellsandcoffee Love those bright colors! As a driver, I can appreciate the bright obnoxiousness to see you better with. And dude, do you have two different socks on or is that the shadow playing with my eyes!

Thanks! Yes, those are two different color socks. One pink and one navy. The person who designed them asked that they be sold as such.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    ^^Great pic!
  • allaboutthecake
    Options

Thanks! Yes, those are two different color socks. One pink and one navy. The person who designed them asked that they be sold as such.

So then come winter time you won't mind if I totally steal this idea & put different colored neon kneehighs to go with my neon bright yellow tights, lol B)
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

So then come winter time you won't mind if I totally steal this idea & put different colored neon kneehighs to go with my neon bright yellow tights, lol B)

Like this?

gtvalw7gd7fx.jpg
    pt2tvz412b2x.jpg

• Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Passed through some nice farms & fields on my commute home. This is a slightly different route...I think I will keep going this way for a while. Too bad the low sun messed up the lens a bit, because it looked much nicer to the eye!

yzlzwxlzjk9s.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From last night...

My kind of therapy
    whulip5pj0x1.jpg

Getting Artsy
    m52yj4mi6v09.jpg

If you're going to get a flat, this isn't a bad spot to do it. Legitimate shoulder, and the guard rail served as a work bench, bike stand, and chair.
    5s49t5w4da5i.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    moving pics (with maps)...

http://www.kinomap.com/watch/4qr77j
    http://www.kinomap.com/watch/zsbe2d

(slow, and uneventful to be honest, and best with the sound turned down and some music on instead... but hell, it was finally dry and occasionally sunny, so I braved the howling winds and went out anyway)

• allaboutthecake
    edited June 2015
    Options

Like this?

gtvalw7gd7fx.jpg
    pt2tvz412b2x.jpg

YES! and YES! (um, but not the black...lol....) On the shoe wraps, you end up buying 2 pair to swap out the colors?