Struggling...

Options
124»

Replies

• InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just wanted t say a big thank you to all those that replied. Was a tough night last night. Exhausted this morning. But I'm showing ketones today (yay!) so every cloud...

So whilst I'm not over it, I am getting there. Thank you again guys. Really appreciate it :smile:
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    tishball wrote: »
    Ya know Metruis, ( how do we add someones name in a post?) I am sure if you made the ice cream , it could be low carb? I was thinking about that yesterday, cream is free? eggs are free? splenda I think is free? so maybe we can make our own? I have a recipe here somewhere on making Ice cream, all you need is one of those little icecream machines to chill it, I must look it up. If you could have a creamy icecream, and maybe one or two cherries, they can't be that high are they? if fresh?

I actually make this all the time and is really easy. 2/3 cup HWC, 1/3 cup full cream milk ( you can use almond milk or coconut milk) , 2 egg yolks, 1tsp vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. In a saucepan on low heat until it starts to thicken. Remove once it's starts bubbling and let it cool. Oh and sweeten to your taste. I use a couple of packets of sucralose. Once cool start up your ice cream machine. Mine has it ready in about 10 mins. The recipe is for 2 servings and my only problem is I can never eat just one serving! 3-4 net carbs and 300 calories per serving so watch it!

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Just wanted t say a big thank you to all those that replied. Was a tough night last night. Exhausted this morning. But I'm showing ketones today (yay!) so every cloud...

So whilst I'm not over it, I am getting there. Thank you again guys. Really appreciate it :smile:

It's still so fresh that it's going to hurt for a while. Taking care of yourself and little man is key. Hang in there--glad you're in ketosis this morning, that's a win. :)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough water, salt, and all that fun stuff. That can also cause exhaustion, especially for the first few days/weeks when hitting ketosis.