Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Lost another 2 lbs this week so that makes my total 10.4 lbs since May 22nd. And I lost another inch off my hips! Feeling pretty good lately and my clothes is fitting nicer, just in time for summer! :)
  • HELL0_MARLA_HOOCH
    HELL0_MARLA_HOOCH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats brittanykira! That's a great success!

I just started my journey last week and I've lost 4 pounds, but I know it's mostly just "water weight" and that it's going to taper off soon. Still, I won't get discouraged! I'm glad I found this group. Good luck to everyone. Now it's time for my walk!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lost another 2 lbs this week so that makes my total 10.4 lbs since May 22nd. And I lost another inch off my hips! Feeling pretty good lately and my clothes is fitting nicer, just in time for summer! :)

Awesome progress!

• brittanykira
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's been a tough journey to get back on track. I moved to an isolated Community in Northern Manitoba so I put on some weight this year. Trying to get it off has proven to be quite difficult!

Welcome to the group Hello_Marla_Hooch and congrats on your loss! 4 lbs is 4 lbs, whether it's water weight or not !
  • Simon99Smith
    Simon99Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    143 day streak for me - so thinking of celebrating day 150. Any ideas?
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi all. Just checking in...I went for a run last night and it felt good. but today my hip hurts bad. I have problems with my hips anyway, but they have not bothered me since i started training again, but today not so good. So going to stick with biking and swimming today. Hope you all are have a great day. Weather is finally awesome here.

brittanykira--- keep it up girl you are doing awesome.

Simon99Smith-- 143 that is awesome. will try and think of some kind of celebration for you.

Welcome Hello_Marla_Hooch nice to have you here. 4lbs is a great start. Keep it up.

Shiftynj- I heard pride was a great time. Sadly, I did not make it this year.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's been a tough journey to get back on track. I moved to an isolated Community in Northern Manitoba so I put on some weight this year. Trying to get it off has proven to be quite difficult!

Welcome to the group Hello_Marla_Hooch and congrats on your loss! 4 lbs is 4 lbs, whether it's water weight or not !

Are you near Gimli or even further north? We were there a few years ago for the Icelandic festival.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    143 day streak for me - so thinking of celebrating day 150. Any ideas?

Sadly "Cheat Day" is the first thing that comes to mind but I know that's not super productive.
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm doing pretty well, though I feel very alone sometimes. My partner is doing a bit of exercising currently which is GREAT, but we live separately, which amounts to me being on my own.

That said.... I have been sticking to my goal of exercising every day. I have only gone over my calories once since I started my June goal (which I know isn't much what with it being only the 10th, but still). I've explored different kinds of exercise and found an online instructor on youtube that i LOVE for working out at home and I took the dog out as well for a long walk at the off leash park, but can't help feeling like I should be doing more... I suppose this is my lack of patience.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the group and have a pretty bad social anxiety. I've looked around a couple of times and fled so I figured I would force myself to post here.

I have been working on my weight (this will be the last time because I won't need to do it again) since the 1st of June. I've lost 6.2lbs (2.8kg) so far and have another 66 (29.8kg) to go. I'm disabled so exercising is a bit of a problem. My aunt just installed a pool and I live next door to her so I'm trying to make it a daily thing. There is no way getting around the physical pain but I've got narcotics for that. The energy and sense of accomplishment that I have is well worth all the work.

Anyone who'd like to be mfp friend can feel free to add me. It takes a lot of effort to force myself to approach someone I don't know but I'm happy to be friends with anyone.
  • brittanykira
    Options
    shiftynj wrote: »

Are you near Gimli or even further north? We were there a few years ago for the Icelandic festival.

I'm further North!
  • Nielasan
    Nielasan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yo Yo Yo. I have been stress eating quite a bit and I just need some tough love instruction about how to re-commit to eating clean. I love healthy food and I know how to make substitutions but its the taste and mindless textures I crave. I'm a personal trainer and a group ex instructor so I am always working out with others but I have little time to do so for myself. Sometimes when I get down I just want to destroy a bag of chips. What do you do instead of eating your feelings?
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the group and have a pretty bad social anxiety. I've looked around a couple of times and fled so I figured I would force myself to post here.

I have been working on my weight (this will be the last time because I won't need to do it again) since the 1st of June. I've lost 6.2lbs (2.8kg) so far and have another 66 (29.8kg) to go. I'm disabled so exercising is a bit of a problem. My aunt just installed a pool and I live next door to her so I'm trying to make it a daily thing. There is no way getting around the physical pain but I've got narcotics for that. The energy and sense of accomplishment that I have is well worth all the work.

Anyone who'd like to be mfp friend can feel free to add me. It takes a lot of effort to force myself to approach someone I don't know but I'm happy to be friends with anyone.

Welcome! I just sent you a friend request. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, but how nice to have a pool next door you can use! In the summer, all I want to do is go to the pool. We did join our local community outdoor pool this summer, and we've been going almost every day, but most of my "swimming" is limited to sitting in the hot tub, drinking Bud Light Lime in the beach chairs, and, in the pool, just splashing around with my kids. But I love it. :)
  • elenaa55
    elenaa55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hy, I am a new member here! :)
    This is an amazing group with, obviously, amazing people in it!
    I can`t wait to log in my workouts, share my experiences with you and have discussions about all sorts of topics. I haven`t really done anything today because it`s my rest day (now is exactly 00:00 in the morning in Croatia), but tomorrow morning I`m heading with my sister to the athletic stadium to do some interval training, and in the afternoon I plan to do strength training on TRX with my buddy. :)

I hope you all enjoy your workouts and meal preparing because this is the most important thing, to love what you do! :)
  • shiftynj
    Options
    Nielasan wrote: »
    Yo Yo Yo. I have been stress eating quite a bit and I just need some tough love instruction about how to re-commit to eating clean. I love healthy food and I know how to make substitutions but its the taste and mindless textures I crave. I'm a personal trainer and a group ex instructor so I am always working out with others but I have little time to do so for myself. Sometimes when I get down I just want to destroy a bag of chips. What do you do instead of eating your feelings?

I totally get this... my job is really FRUSTRATING and one thing that makes feel better is to CRUNCH. Unfortunately my go-to snacks, cashews and pita chips, are pretty caloric, and i can go to town, especially if I'm grazing right from the container while doing something else, which is usually because I've been no dysfunctional conference calls for hours with no chance to get anything better to eat.

So with snack foods:
    - Open container
    - Decide then how much you will eat (weigh/measure)
    - Put it a small bowl
    - Close container and put it away
    - Bring bowl in another room before taking one bite
    - Eat slowly and deliberately, thinking about how it tastes and feels (in other words REALLY ENJOY IT)
    - If you can, do it without multitasking, so you can really appreciate it.

• acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'm finding myself doing more and more stress munching again, and need to catch it.
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    acstl wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! I'm finding myself doing more and more stress munching again, and need to catch it.

Hi acstl... I find that when I am bored, or stressed, I reach for the fridge door. So to counter this, I have developed 3 rules...

1) distract myself with a quick 15 minute exercise (not always that much time, but if I have it, I'll use it all)
    or:
    2) Keep bags and bags of celery on hand. I'm not a fan of the stuff, but it crunches, and keeps my hands busy (and my floss too for that matter.)
    and lastly:
    3) if i MUST have it... If I can't distract or trade it for something else.... I have that snack.. but I share it with a friend.... not a friend with unhealthy food views... but it is working so far. I'm seldom over my calories, though I'm thinking I need to look at the WHAT... but I digress

that's just what works for me... so YEA... i've been exercising a LOT lately lol
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tip Wikkid! And thanks everyone for your insights. I've been eating a lot of feelings lately with my daughter flying the coop (for only 2 12 months...I know, I'll survive!!) Also relaxed on the eating front during my week long trip to Maine. However, I must have been more active since I didn't gain any this week.
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions!
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi all...been a little absent this week. Good news i woke up this morning feeling refreshed...Last week I did not train as much as I would like. I took off Wed, Thurs, and Friday but I did run a 5K on Saturday and it was my first 5K i ran(trotted) the whole thing in a long long time. I might have come in 3rd to last but I ran the whole thing. I was very proud of that, had some great friends cheering me on. It is also a great indicator of where I am in my training for the tri. No I just have to do that 5K after biking and swimming. LOL You are all going to have a amazing week. Lets get to it.....