Workout check-in - Juknow you got this!

Options

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My grandmother passed away suddenly last week and I got the call while at the gym so I haven't been chatty. Yesterday's workout:

Squats 95lbs. Going to try 100 next workout and may stay there for a bit to work on form. Videotaped myself and thought it was ok but this weight is getting real now!
    Bench: 55 lbs. Felt good. Back up to 60 next time.
    Rows: 65 lbs. Form is feeling great now. Moving up next time!

Did some dips, planks, and dumbbell presses. Hoping to move up on ohp next workout.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No workout to check in with, but hey, I want to check in anyway! Deadlifts were planned for yesterday, but I got some sort of 24hour stomach bug/vomitting/vertigo/temporary DEATH, so all that happened was me lying in bed in the fetal position trying not to puke on my sheets (I'd get up every few hours thinking I was feeling better but every time my head was upright, the dizziness and nausea hit). Stomach feels much better today, no dizziness to report, but I'm going to take it easy. Deadlifts for tomorrow!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same on SL just because I decided to do a 4 mile interval run yesterday. I definitely felt it in my quads today.

Squats: 5x5x 135 lbs. - possibly moving forward with the weight but for some reason the weight on my shoulders were pretty wobbly today. I just couldn't balance them correctly.

OH press: 5x5x 55 lbs. - I did pretty well with the 55lbs but will stay with it this week and move up next week.

Deadlift: 5x5x 155 lbs. - did pretty well yesterday. Will move up on Friday if my grip can handle it.

Some extras:
    -NSV1: 1 minute, 20 second planks, plus 2 sides planks at 45 sec. each
    -NSV2: Managed to do 20 REGULAR Man style pushupsn (no knees)- whoo hoo!!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better katro!! Sounds like food poisoning...

Took a week off last week because of shark week and felt blah.

All 5x5
    Squat 95
    Ohp 45
    Deadlift 105

Felt pretty good despite having a week off. I declined the reload suggestion from the app. I'm going to stay where I am on the squat or possibly lower a little to work on form and continue lots of glute accessories such as banded side-step, hip hikes, split squats, single leg Romanian deadlifts and planks. Plan on increasing ohp with extra reps and then adding weight. Deadlift is going fine. Probably my favorite lift. Have a good week everyone!
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Front squats 75# 3x5
    Single arm dumbbell bench 35# 3x5
    Hip thrusts 135# 3x10
    Bw feet elevated TRX rows 3x10
    Deads 135# 1x5
    Weighted pull-ups BW+12.5 lbs 3x1
    Turkish get ups 20# 1x3
    Miscellaneous vanity muscle stuff
  • cherisseb96
    cherisseb96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, I took the whole of last week off. The workout I did on Wednesday was with repeat weights. I thought I'd be super weak today but I actually felt good. Rest times were all under 90s so I am feeling rejuvenated.

Workout A
    Squat- 5x5 100# yaaayyyy...I am very happy I got through the fear of the triple digits
    Bench- 5x5 80# I am starting to feel the struggle, the reps were a bit slower but I got through them without a struggle
    Rows- 5x5 85# this was good. I felt the contraction in my back which is more important than my ego wanting me to increase the weight
    In all and all, today was a good day.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Finally trying to get back in the groove after a crazy bout week last week. I am the co-head of our bout planning committee, which means when people slack off, I end up doing all the work. Boo. Anyhow, next game is an away game in two weeks, and I will enjoy not having to plan anything :)

Squat - 3x5 at 150 lbs - still don't feel that these are as consistent as they could be.
    BP - 3x5 at 77.5 - New high for me :) Just barely grinded them out, but did it! Almost added 7.5 lbs instead of 2.5 lbs though, due to a math fail. Luckily I caught it :)
    Row - 3x5 at 80 lbs - another increase

Shrug - 3x8 at 50 lbs
    Skullcrushers 3x8 at 40 lbs I think? - 15 lbs added to the e-z curl bar, but I am not 100% sure on the weight of the bar.
    Curls - 3x8 at 40ish lbs - see above, same bar.
    Hyperextensions - 3x10 with 15 lbs. Need to increase the weight on this.
    Cable crunch - 3x10 at 50 lbs. Really rushed as the gym was closing, so I only took about 20s rest between sets. Tiring!

1 pull up to my nose - couldn't budge any closer.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Traveling last week but did some treadmill intervals Tuesday and dumbbell lifts Thursday. I was beat all weekend and ended up sleeping A LOT.

Lifted yesterday deloaded:
    Squat 95 5x5
    Side bend 35 3x15 each side
    OHP 45 5x5
    Split squat 45 5x5
    Deadlift 145 2x5, switched grip, plus 1 dbl over
    Assisted pull up -52 3x5

Gym was crazy busy guessing because it has been ungodly hot out but I didn't have any issues getting on equipment.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wee! Abridged Wendler cycle coming to a close. Squats & Bench 5/3/1

Squats
    127.5x5
    145x3
    162.5x7 (1 more than the first workout when I had the numbers all jumbled up)

Bench
    105x5
    115x3
    127.5x3 (last rep was a major grinder but my elbow is getting a lot better, AND I usually have some pain in my lower back when doing bench, but not today! My arch was clean and strong ^^)

Clean and jerk - EMOTM x6
    (65x3, 75x2, 85x1 warm-ups) 95x2x1, 100x3x1, 102.5x1

And to end things up, 10/8/6/4/2 for time of
    - recline rows
    - spider push-ups
    - hollow rocks

4:58 total. What a core burner! :)

Can't wait to see how I do with Deads and OHP ^^
  • LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Squats  5 x 5 @160 lbs

BP  5 × 5 @ 65 lbs

Row    5 x 5 @ 75 lbs.

Planks  3 @ 60 seconds

10 minutes of Zumba; 20 minutes of sparring.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    still rehabbing/re-feeling my way with the squats. i do think it's getting better though. discovered i have/had a real hard-stop impingement in the front of my left ankle that was stopping me like a brick at about 1/4 way down., and in compensation i was myself past that point by unhitching my spine and sticking my bum way out backwards instead. it does make sense, but hard to describe it in a way that makes it sound like it does.

anyway. end result right now is that for the time being i actually have to do my squatting with what feels to me like lumbar flexion right from the top, but is not. i'm still not sorted so taking it extremely slow and keeping it light.

squats: 65lb. i did 5x5 with closed stance, and then after thinking about it for a while another 5x5 with a much more sumo-esque toes-outsy one. so volume if not weight. and i'm going around body-weighting them all over the place during the day, just for muscle-activation feelz.

bench: 70lb. that's not my highest ever which was 75, but that's okay. it's been quite a while since i benched, or feels like it.

rows: 70lb. pre-finger and bike crash i was at 80, but 70 was hard. i took 10 pounds off and did another handful of sets after the working sets because i never want my bench to get out in front of my rows. i'm going to make myself a new rule that on workout a days i have to do my rows first. then, whatever i hit with my rows, my work weight for bench can never ever pass that. i'm serious about not wanting that hands-on-backwards internally-rotated-shouldery thing going on.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Another busy Tuesday night in the gym. Even at 11 pm a fair amount of people were lifting . I don't like it cause I couldn't warm up with squats yet again but oh well. Also makes set up around the dumbbell locations a struggle at times to stay out of everyone's way but got things done. Hoping next A day, Saturday, to increase on some weights and warm up a little better as it's not so busy those nights.

NROLFW Stage 5 - A3

one arm db snatch 4x4 @ 35 - heavy still

db one leg romanian deadlift 4x4 @ 30 - struggle on a couple reps but okayish
    bar bent over row 4x4 @ 80 - still feels heavy, but i might try 85 next time

db one arm overhead squat 4x4 @ 12.5/25 - fine and will increase next time
    db incline bench 4x4 @ 27.5 - wanted to increase but 30's were off somewhere else so kept it this time

reverse wood chop 4x4 @ 50 - different one than last time, used the one that was set up for what I needed

high bar squats 3x5 @ 135 - okay but will repeat

clean 3x5 @ the bar. I tried these cause I would like to 1. put the weighted bars back and I can't clean 80 yet (tried and it was so bad), 2. power clean looks like an interesting lift that I kind of wanted to learn. However, I don't think power clean is in my future. When I clean, my elbows stay down near my side. Still can't hold bar and have elbows out and not sure there is enough mobility to fix it. Will have to consider things on that one, but might still practice cleans. Now to get a little sleep before cardio time.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hello my gorgeous lifting ladies xx

Tonight's affair

Squat 5x5 145lbs
    Bench 5x5 90lbs
    Row 5x5 95lbs

Random 5x5 back superset
    Latpulldowns 90lbs
    Single arm row
    Single arm overhead thrust thing
    Single arm bench press
    Arnold press
    Swiss ball pike into push up
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Oops. It's been a week since I checked in. Dang. I fail.

Last week, I hit a new PR on my deadlift. Pull 220# for 5 reps. I tried to pull 220 about 2-3 months ago and couldn't get it. So I feel pretty awesome that I was able to get it for 5 reps last week! Woot!

Monday: Workout A
    Squats 5x5 at 175. I probably should have stayed at 170 pounds a bit longer. THese were heavy and ugly. I'm going to drop back to 170 today.
    Bench: 5x5 at 120#.
    Row 5x5 at 95#.

Accessories:
    Upright rows supersetted with push-ups. 70# 8/8/8/8/8 with push-ups 5x5.
    Lat pull-down: 50# 12x5
    Cable row 60# 12x5

Yesterday: took an unexpected rest day. I was exhausted from a crappy night of sleep, and we had the remnants of a hurricane here. SO yeah, nothing to report yesterday.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Today's workout wasn't bad but for some reason I feel like it wasn't much, either. I'm sure the DOMS I get tomorrow will agree to disagree

Deadlift and OHP 5/3/1+

D: 185x5, 205x3, 232.5x4
    O: 65x5, 72.5x3, 80x6

Pretty sure both are rep PRs. I guess maybe I was expecting more out of the cycle, but I did max out on reps on squats and bench yesterday, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

Then did an every 45s for 6 minute setup of full snatches. 4 rounds with 80lbs, 4 rounds with 82.5.
    If you consider that's about 90% of my tested 1RM and I was banging them out with minimal rest, I think I might finally have a 100lbs snatch in me in a week and a half.

Finished up with an 8 min AMRAP of
    - power pull-ups (~65lbs of assist) x3
    - prowler push x20m with 45lbs

Managed 6 rounds and 3 pull-ups, probably had 10m of prowler sprint left in me except I got off my box weird and felt a tweak/pull in my groin and decided to call it in.

And now I just want to eat all the things...
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Awesome work ladies!!
    All 5x5:
    Squat 95
    BP 65
    Row 65 superset with split squats and 1legromanian dl
    Squat is feeling fine with a narrower stance & accessories
    Had a Chinese massage last night - heavenly! Found out where all my tight spots and trigger points are. ;-)
    Happy hump day!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong of me to take a break mid-week? I'm so tired and unmotivated today, I have a measly 200 calories left for dinner which I know I will go over, and my tummy has been bothering me. This week was tough in terms of staying on my macros and feeling heavy. Ugh!!
  • katro111
    Options
    Well, I did not get to lift yesterday as planned. Had to do a bunch of running around right after work and I didn't get home until 7 and still had to make dinner so... yeah...

Deadlifts today!
    6x6 @ 170
    Yin Yoga warm up

Did this on my lunch break so I made it kind of a short and sweet workout. More time for lifting tomorrow!

• katro111
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Is it wrong of me to take a break mid-week? I'm so tired and unmotivated today, I have a measly 200 calories left for dinner which I know I will go over, and my tummy has been bothering me. This week was tough in terms of staying on my macros and feeling heavy. Ugh!!

Nope. Take a break whenever you need to! I've learned that even if my body feels fine but my mind is exhausted my workouts suck, so if your body's feeling tired, then definitely take a day (or two or whatever you feel you need) off. :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    katro111 wrote: »
    dcresider wrote: »

Nope. Take a break whenever you need to! I've learned that even if my body feels fine but my mind is exhausted my workouts suck, so if your body's feeling tired, then definitely take a day (or two or whatever you feel you need) off. :)

^ yep this! If your body is feeling tired your workout will suck, and then you'll end up feeling worse - or injuring yourself.

Take the time you need