TheBigDirection

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress Ricky!

In addition to NuMi, I track my weight on an Excel file w automated histogram and trend line. You should consider tracking your walking metics. Your increased distance is impressive! (Sorry, I'm a data nerd.)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Miracles happen! Congrats on all those lovely surprises. Eating veggies you grow yourself is really cool...you can just feel all the healthy nutrients infiltrating your system.

My tomato plants have really shot up...and have been producing pretty well. My bell pepper plants grow, but only one plant has any peppers...and they need to grow a little more before harvesting. My oregano and basil are slow, but they're hanging in there. Take care, Val
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Miracles happen! Congrats on all those lovely surprises. Eating veggies you grow yourself is really cool...you can just feel all the healthy nutrients infiltrating your system.

My tomato plants have really shot up...and have been producing pretty well. My bell pepper plants grow, but only one plant has any peppers...and they need to grow a little more before harvesting. My oregano and basil are slow, but they're hanging in there. Take care, Val

Hi Val
    Yours are ahead of mine here. The Largest tomato is ping pong ball sized and the peppers are just starting to bloom. The two summer squash are looking like they are getting ready yo bloom but nothing yet.

Cheers
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Best Father's Day video card I've seen. WTG Ricky!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That brought tears to my eyes, Ricky. You are a good Son. PERFECT Father's Day card. :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful new videos, the best was the Father's Day one. I know you miss everyone but you are doing really great and I am sure your Dad and everyone else are very happy for you. We are too!
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That was wonderful Ricky! Thank you for sharing:)
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Ricky :), was so nice to watch this!
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So Excited!
    congrats and good luck with classes Ricky :)

~kel
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I Know, I'm Working On It!

• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Are you afraid of falling and think you have to watch the ground so you don't trip over something? I'm thinking of the dogs...they can get in the way. I have the same problem.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi TheBigDirection
    Congratulations on keeping it up, You must be feeling the heat somewhat. I know I get out as early as possible to try and avoid it. And I have been known to walk a Zig-Zag pattern down the street to stay in the shade too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    ginnywed wrote: »
    Are you afraid of falling and think you have to watch the ground so you don't trip over something? I'm thinking of the dogs...they can get in the way. I have the same problem.

Hi Ginny
    I walk in my town and need to keep an eye on the sidewalks here. many of them are in poor condition, heaved by roots, disintegrating etc.

On the Plus side I am walking and I occasionally find some change laying there :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • TheBigDirection
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ginnywed wrote: »

I haven't walked in the backyard with the dogs in a while now. The pavement is just easier on my feet.

I'm not sure why I stare at the ground, it's just always been a habit for me, even during my sprinting exercises in basketball when I lived in Alaska.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi TheBigDirection
    Congratulations on keeping it up, You must be feeling the heat somewhat. I know I get out as early as possible to try and avoid it. And I have been known to walk a Zig-Zag pattern down the street to stay in the shade too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

lol unfortunately there's not much shade to be offered for me here. Though I do go out as early as I can in the morning to avoid the heat. :p
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Congrats on the two ones! (I chuckled!)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wow you really have been increasing your laps quickly. So proud of you.