Introductions

Options

Replies

• extremespjb
    extremespjb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thought I would introduce myself...

I am just getting back from maternity leave and getting back on track with my eating. I have about 50 pounds to lose and fitness pal always seems to help me accomplish my weight loss goals. My weight often yo-yo's with running injuries and two pregnancies in the last couple of years.

I do great with my diet in the morning and during the day when I am at work. My struggle to eat right is evening time and weekends. I hope to use this app to keep me on track during those times.

I have started exercising again after taking a three month hiatus. Running, walking, and yoga 4-5 times a week. I even started an app for a 30 day challenge (currently planks) as my core is trashed from pregnancy.

I am so ready to start feeling better and want to fit into my smaller wardrobe. Trying to keep up with my two year old is great motivation as well. Good luck to all of you and I hope we can all meet our goals!
  • dropbearllama
    dropbearllama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm mum to two kids, who are just shy of 4 yrs old and 2 yrs old. i was slowly gaining weight before my first pregnancy, but between all the complications of that pregnancy ended up packing on the weight and did not lose much of it when i gave birth.

i'm hoping to drop a dress size or two by my brother's wedding in September, and longer term to get back down to a healthy weight (i'm about 240lb and should be around 115lb).
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    New face here from upper Michigan. I recently had my kiddo via csection six weeks ago. Lost all my baby weight in the first two weeks, only gained 25 pounds, but now I'd like to keep adding to that loss. Getting back into the swing of things is hard since my core is weak right now. I was a tank while pregnant, nothing stopped me from doing anything. Now I'm just super tired and up every 3 hours with the wee one. Not much energy left these days. Lol
  • HazmatMomma
    HazmatMomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Michelle-- I'm looking to get smaller to help with building stamina hopefully fast enough to keep up as my 8mo son gets bigger!
  • jsimms2127
    jsimms2127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello. Gave birth via C-section a week ago today to my 4th baby. I have been on MFP before and had good results. I am a nurse and obviously a busy mom so no gym for me. I am looking to lose 100lbs by simply eating better and moving more. No beachbody, shakeology, body wraps for me.
  • CasieSJ
    CasieSJ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of a 9 month old baby girl. Between running errands, getting my husband up for work and my daughter waking up all night and taking 10 minute naps, it feels like I can't get anything done. Needing support.
  • chloecsl
    chloecsl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34yo stay home mom with 2 boys, 3 & 5yo. I've joined mfp since March2015 but I never bothered to visit the forums here. I think it's great to have more mfp buddies to motivate each other in this journey to fitness coz it's tough. It's tough enough being a mom and to lose weight & stay fit at the same time is overwhelming. I've about 13lbs to lose but all of those are stubborn weight that just won't go away. Feel free to add me.
  • krockman620
    krockman620 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Katie. I'm 37 and have two kids, a 3.5 yr old daughter and a 5 mo old son. I work full time at a desk job and the pounds just keep piling on. I went from 175 to 190 the year after i got married, then gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy. Managed to take 40 if those off, but then gained another 50lbs with my second pregnancy. I just stopped nursing/pumping and my weight has creeped up to 229. I'm only 5'3" and I'm so freaking uncomfortable all the time. I have pretty much stopped making time to exercise but i just bought a treadmill and am starting up again with exercise and food logging, so that's why I'm here... Nice to meet you all!
  • Kristron
    Kristron Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 3 girls (2.5 and 14 mo old twins), ate like a crazy person during my last pregnancy and then ate for comfort during the tough (and amazing) first year of having 3 little ones. Now I'm trying to get my brain back to accepting a healthy eating lifestyle but could use encouragement. Also trying to figure out how the heck to fit in exercise with the kids and a FT job. I used MFP with success years ago before my wedding, but that was before kids! I am about 25 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and then need to lose another 20 or so on top of that. I never met a bag of chips I didn't like (and eat). I really want to get healthy and have more energy for the girls and looking better wouldn't be a bad thing either.
  • lilyjanecosmos
    lilyjanecosmos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:

I saw this group and thought it would be fun.
    I am new to MFP and I'm just starting to get into the community. I am a single mother (my daughter is 11) and a full time college student. My ultimate goal weight is 130-150 and I'm currently 195.
    My largest problem so far is eating "right" I struggle to get enough calories a day while blowing my fat and sugar intake. If anyone has any ideas, your advice would be wonderful.
    Please feel free to friend me.

Have a wonderful day
    -lilly
  • KMiller880
    KMiller880 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on MFP a few years but not for more than a few months at a time. I'm back at it again. I'm 28, a mother of 2 girls (10 and 4), and an addict of Dr. Pepper and sweet tea. I'm 5'7" and at my heaviest I was 209. I'm currently down to 191. Always looking for more friends on this journey.
  • lisetteparks
    lisetteparks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI! I hope you don't mind me joining. I figured joining a group would help me lose the weight I've gained. I have two children. My daughter is 2 years old and my son is 3 months old. I need to lose about 70 pounds to get to my ideal weight.
  • emilyjaneelizabeth
    emilyjaneelizabeth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just had my second baby (a boy) in June. I have a 3 year old daughter, as well. I love my babies, but I'm ready to start losing my baby weight.

I'm 175 now and I want to get down to my pre-baby weight of 135. I've used MFP off and on before, but I usually stop after a few months. I hope joining groups and finding friends will help me stick with it this time. I need to keep myself accountable to meet my goal.
  • kittybug2005
    kittybug2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Kerri and i am a mother to a sweet 9 month old baby girl. I have struggled with my weight a lot in the past but maintained a healthy 140 for a long time. i started gaining weight about a year before pregnancy amd didnt stop till the baby was born. Im now over 200 lbs. I find myself munching at the end of a long day with baby teething or going through growth spurts! I want to get back down to between 140-150 lbs. I know i have a long journey ahead of me and just need friends and support to keep motivated. Chasing after a baby all day is so exausting its hard to find time to take care of yourself. Good luck to all you other ladies on the same path as me!
  • rebeccamarie333
    rebeccamarie333 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My name is Becky and I'm mom to two boys, 3 years old and 3 months. I'm on leave from my job as a teacher and I love walks in the forest, reading, and I'm working on trying to fit exercise in with our busy schedule.

I was a fit kid up until university where I had great success losing weight with WW. However soon after a 40 lbs weight loss I developed Cushing's Disease and my weight sky rocketed to 260 lbs over just a couple years. After my treatment for that I lost again and was at 180 lbs but then started having babies and the weight has gone up again.

I am currently 214 lbs and looking to lose around 60 lbs. My greatest struggle is tracking ALL my food ALL day. A check-in buddy with similar stats would really help to keep me motivated. Send me a message and add me as a friend!
  • Bskitt
    Bskitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Brandy. I am a mom of two, 12 yo & 14 yo. I am currently 216 lbs and looking to loose around 60 lbs. I have a long road ahead but I didn't get this way overnight either. I was once very fit, a long distance runner and served in the military. A couple injuries, two kids and a lot of excuses got me where I am now. No more excuses. I'm getting back into shape!
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My name is Larissa and I'm 26 years old. I'm a SAHM to my beautiful 5 month old daughter Aubree. I was able to lose 40lbs pre-pregnancy, but gained 33lbs while pregnant. I'm now looking to lose the baby weight and more. I am almost two weeks into my weight loss journey and down 2.8lbs! I'm EBF so it's been a little more complicated this time around because I don't want to lose my milk supply. My daughter is my motivation. I want to be able to run around with her when she's older and I'd like to feel good about myself again. Feel free to Add me! :)
  • Qvr11
    Qvr11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My name is Tammy and I am a 37 yr old mom of four and grandmother of two. I live in NB,Canada. Looking to make new friends. Love reading about others progresses. Very motivating! Feel free to add me :)
  • SoundFearlessMind
    Options
    Hello there,
    I'm a new mom of a super sweet 4 month old girl. I have already lost weight but would like to lose a bit more and lower my body fat %
    I have had poor health habits in the past and have used restriction and over exercise as a means to lose weight. I want to be a healthy example to my daughter and maintain my sanity in the process of getting my body back in shape.
  • Shie02
    Shie02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi~
    I'm a mom of four amazing kids and currently trying to lose the weight I've gained since my husband got out of the military.
    I'd love to be an inspiration for my amazing children to lead a healthier life style, but most of all I'd love to have the positive image of myself that I once had.
    I'm looking forward to this new adventure