before and after pics?

Options
smadaris91
smadaris91 Posts: 63 Member
Hi im new to the group i need to lose 120lbs. I would love to see some before and after pics. Im currently 322 and test for ketosis everyday. I have lost 10lbs so far :) but love seeing success stories :)

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I posted mine a couple days ago. Titled something like "48 days. Weight lifting and keto progress"
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wish I had some after pics but am still at the starting line myself.
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I have the chutzpah.
    I started at 265, and last week weighed 252/253. I'll weigh myself again after I start pooping again!!
    I don't have a big mirror to take my own picture, so I'd have to get my grown son to do it. Yikes!!
    But it might be a good tool.
    And I would love to see others who are further along the road to success post theirs.
    #nosy #overshares
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    This is me this time last year, I was bigger in December but don't have a pic of that time. wux7ob0sdrmk.gif

This is me the other day, I started lchf in March around 176 lbs I'm now 151
    7px7vrmdtkve.jpg
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow, @auntstephie321, you look great! What sizes we're you wearing in each photo, if you don't mind my asking? Or how many pounds had you lost between the photos?

I'll get some preliminary before/after pics up soon. I'm fairly new at this, but I've lost almost 30 lbs now. (Yay!!!)

• auntstephie321
    Options
    @35in90 thank you
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @mlinton_mesapark that dress didn't have a size lol but I was squeezing into a size 12 back then. The new pic is a size six, they are stretchy and tight but not bad. I don't know what I weighed in the old photo probably 175 - 180. Now I'm 151 - 153 still trying to lose some more but slowed down as I'm trying to strengthen now too.
  • thetemplateblog
    thetemplateblog Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    3453b0c8a561a11d001f378adadcbcd86dac.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    7l32nkf7uwtw.jpg
    Here is a collage of my five year transition. Highest weight was 318 pounds and lowest is 194.4, so far. Want to lose 30 more, and will! :smiley:
    (Excuse the picture of the dog if it shows up! I'm so tech challenged, lol!)
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies! Looking really good!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Some great before and after shots for sure. I wish I had thought to do beginning photos. My black and white photo under my profile was taken about 10 years ago and I would have been around 250. I started my beard 3 days before 2015 New Years so people could not see my fat jaws melt then say I was looking too skinny. My current mug shot is maybe a month old and I was near 200 at the time. A shock to me at 64 was how my jaw skin tighten up in time.

When I started eating in a way to cut my physical pain levels seriously Oct 2014 I did not think I would ever be this slim again in my life. Where the fat has left and the way it left does make me look lighter than I really am. Losing inches but the scales not moving was a new (and NICE) experience for me.

All I can say it cutting out most all carbs and adding a lot of fat has changed my life for the better and I think those of you who are new will not recognize yourselves by New Years. It is not about "losing" weight I finally figured out at 63 but it is all about feeding your body 'right'. I have been eating at around 2500 calories for the last 9 months. I do walk a 1/4 mile daily but do hobby with the tractor and backhoe around the place and at the church .5 miles away.

While my physical limitations from arthritis are limiting I keep moving. An old man long ago told me they do not bury people that still wiggle so every day I make sure I wiggle some. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Before and DURING photos... nowhere near done yet. As far to go as I've come! :)

p4vzti2l3wio.jpg

This is not my actual heaviest, but this is where my pictures look the heaviest.

4gxa94bz0xlh.png

This is 2008 versus a few months back.

I don't have super current pictures, but I've lost 75+ pounds over the last 5 or so years, I guess. But I'm finally losing fat and inches...

e5fc392u9zfs.png
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Definitely need to update. In the last couple months my body comp has changed even more.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job KnitOrMiss!

Very impressive !

• JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformations, Everyone! Thanks for sharing.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    These are from my first month and a half. Still a long ways to go but so pleased with how I feel.

6it07xc16p7t.jpg

ahjemfi25hct.jpg

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    You have done an awesome job KnitOrMiss!

Very impressive !

Thanks. Since I lost the bulk of this a little while back, and about 20-30 in the last 2-3 years, I have to sometimes pull out these pics and remember that I really have come further than it seems when I get caught up in the current bit.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    xtt0g05fnyo2.jpgdk56ay67nx9j.jpg
    Figured out how to do these too. My feet were always so swollen, I couldn't wear anything but flip flops. I hope the pictures show properly.

Carley, Any, and Temp...Look at how far you've all come! The hard work shows!!
    Sorry the second picture is so big! Don't know how to resize!
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am so impressed. And encouraged.
    @karlottap, @AngInCanada , @thetemplateblog, @KnitorMiss, @auntstephie123!!
    Thank you.