100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Look at that, it is already Thursday:)

I got out walking Yesterday and Today. I ended up following the same 2.75 mile route. I may walk tomorrow or not they are saying rain coming in tonight into tomorrow, There may be breaks in the weather that I can use or I'll just have an off day.

I watered the garden in the back yard when I got back and put all the hanging flower baskets (4) in the flower bed before I put the sprinkler on it so that area in front and the baskets got watered at the same time.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning all :),

Hope everybody is doing well. I can finally report to be officially down 3 whole dress sizes and of course I did a happy dance yesterday....can't even believe that one yet. Other than that I am cruising along and we are working on our other property to get it ready for camping weekends which will be nice.

Have a great day everybody :)

Sue

Hi Sue
    Happy dance for sure. Congratulations, It sure does feel good when You can buy smaller doesn't it :)

What a great NSV!

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday NS Buddies! I am finally back thanks to Roger sending me the link to our discussion group! I am anxiously anticipating my WI tomorrow morning as I seem to finally be breaking through what appeared to be another plateau - more news tomorrow :smile: On another note - I am heading home tomorrow to NJ for a about 3 weeks - combination of work, vacation, holiday and whatever. Since I took this job in Columbus, OH 2+ years ago, I don't think I've spent 3 solid weeks under the same roof as my husband so, this might be interesting! (some friends say that this may be the way to a great marriage!) Anyway, we are celebrating 35 years of wedded bliss this Sunday so I guess it is working! Have a great Thursday on program and wish me luck on tomorrow's WI.
    Bev
  • 5mates
    Options
    Sue - 3 dress sizes is amazing! Might be fun when you an hour to spare, to go to a department store and try on some things you thought you'd never wear - even if you don't buy anything! The reflection in the mirror will be priceless!
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sue on being down 3 dress sizes! I am doing a happy dance for you! If you don't mind telling us how long have been on the program and how much lost? I started the end of January and have lost over 60 but I am still wearing my 5x tops which are baggy but I'm not confident to start wearing my 3 x stuff. Pant size has gone from tight 38 to a loose 34. I am still work in progress but my knees are so much happier that I plan to keep working.
    Have a great afternoon y'all!
  • FindTheSkinnyMe
    FindTheSkinnyMe Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined NS and I am going to start the Fast 5 on Sunday. That way its a new week and it might make it easier for me. I need to lose 100 to be in the weight requirement. And I am going to need some support. I work odd hours and I hope I can do this NS plan. I am excited and nervous of the change of life style. And some Online friends would be great too.
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi all - had my annual mammo this morning - was at "work" earlier than normal and finished prior to my normal 8 am start time - so went up to my old desk and waited for my replacement to show up - thought I'd bust her humps. When she saw me, she told me I was welcome to stay and she'd go home. One of the docs asked if I was coming back - my reply "hell no!" My next cube mate brought a lovely vase of ladies mantle and astilbe in - it was gorgeous. I do miss the social interaction, nothing else. I had valet parked ans spent a lot to do so, so wasted some time prior to leaving. Had breakfast too.

Went to lunch with hubs - we both had appetizers which were huge - simply amazing that they expect you to order more food after that - the plates were platters. He had smokey bbq chicken wings - really yummy - they used a dry rub. I had plain iced tea and pulled pork nachos, which were also dinner. Took a ride to see the lake - it was dull, grey and smooth just as the rain started.

Came home and culled some more. Packed up DH memorabilia in a permanent keepsake box - feel like I made a lot of progress. Plus I made a bd card for my niece - it's late - today is her BD - but she's off visiting Nashville, so hopefully it will be at her home before they return.

Hoping to go fishing tomorrow - so off to bed for me!
  • 5mates
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined NS and I am going to start the Fast 5 on Sunday. That way its a new week and it might make it easier for me. I need to lose 100 to be in the weight requirement. And I am going to need some support. I work odd hours and I hope I can do this NS plan. I am excited and nervous of the change of life style. And some Online friends would be great too.

Welcome SkinnyMe- and this is the place to be. I joined NS in Feb 2014 and have not regretted a minute of it yet. We're here for you - just ask questions and post feelings whenever you have them - someone here can relate to you - believe me! Best of luck on your first week.
  • 5mates
    Options
    OK - the verdict is in - up .4 lbs this morning. I will not let that get me down though. Heading to the jersey shore in a couple of hours for 3 weeks home so I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Happy Thursday NS Buddies! I am finally back thanks to Roger sending me the link to our discussion group! I am anxiously anticipating my WI tomorrow morning as I seem to finally be breaking through what appeared to be another plateau - more news tomorrow :smile: On another note - I am heading home tomorrow to NJ for a about 3 weeks - combination of work, vacation, holiday and whatever. Since I took this job in Columbus, OH 2+ years ago, I don't think I've spent 3 solid weeks under the same roof as my husband so, this might be interesting! (some friends say that this may be the way to a great marriage!) Anyway, we are celebrating 35 years of wedded bliss this Sunday so I guess it is working! Have a great Thursday on program and wish me luck on tomorrow's WI.
    Bev

Hi Bev
    Just in case I forget later on, Happy Anniversary!

Cheers
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Congratulations Sue on being down 3 dress sizes! I am doing a happy dance for you! If you don't mind telling us how long have been on the program and how much lost? I started the end of January and have lost over 60 but I am still wearing my 5x tops which are baggy but I'm not confident to start wearing my 3 x stuff. Pant size has gone from tight 38 to a loose 34. I am still work in progress but my knees are so much happier that I plan to keep working.

Hi Nene
    Congratulations on going from a tight 38 to a loose 34.
    I know exactly what You mean It was a long time before I ditched the baggy T-Shirts and bought smaller.
    However once I did, I looked so much better in the mirror :)

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi
    ify.gif to a group of very supportive people.
    Feel free to ask if You need help with anything.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi all - had my annual mammo this morning - was at "work" earlier than normal and finished prior to my normal 8 am start time - so went up to my old desk and waited for my replacement to show up - thought I'd bust her humps. When she saw me, she told me I was welcome to stay and she'd go home. One of the docs asked if I was coming back - my reply "hell no!" My next cube mate brought a lovely vase of ladies mantle and astilbe in - it was gorgeous. I do miss the social interaction, nothing else. I had valet parked ans spent a lot to do so, so wasted some time prior to leaving. Had breakfast too.

Went to lunch with hubs - we both had appetizers which were huge - simply amazing that they expect you to order more food after that - the plates were platters. He had smokey bbq chicken wings - really yummy - they used a dry rub. I had plain iced tea and pulled pork nachos, which were also dinner. Took a ride to see the lake - it was dull, grey and smooth just as the rain started.

Came home and culled some more. Packed up DH memorabilia in a permanent keepsake box - feel like I made a lot of progress. Plus I made a bd card for my niece - it's late - today is her BD - but she's off visiting Nashville, so hopefully it will be at her home before they return.

Hoping to go fishing tomorrow - so off to bed for me!

Hi Shirl
    It sounds as If You miss work almost as much as I do, Not at all!

I have to agree, some of the appetizers are very large. Prior to NS I would have just eaten them unquestioned and then had the very large meal portions with a dessert. It is amazing to me how much calories are packed into one meal out. No wonder America is getting bigger :)

Good Luck getting fishing
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning all :),

Hope everybody is doing well. I can finally report to be officially down 3 whole dress sizes and of course I did a happy dance yesterday....can't even believe that one yet. Other than that I am cruising along and we are working on our other property to get it ready for camping weekends which will be nice.

Have a great day everybody :)

Sue

Sue, how fun to be down 3 dress sizes and to have fun with your wardrobe again! Congrats!
  • AdNil54f
    Options

Great job, Nene! That is wonderful progress! :)
  • AdNil54f
    Options

Welcome, Skinny Me! Checking in online is definitely a great help to stay on track. Glad you're here!
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    fishing was a bust - we caught maybe 6 - came home by 2 - shortest fishing day ever - really boring - beautiful, but boring. A lot of work since we've gotten older - and I wasn't feeling well - really having problems with breathing and sun seems to make it worse. Not a lot of help loading and unloading the boat.

Wonder whats up with our power. The power company - CEI - has had huge trucks in the area all day. They were across the street an hour ago for about a half hour - really loud, and just pulled up again.

Having huge coughing jags too. Think we have black mold in my shower - hope to wash plastics in clorox and soap tomorrow and douse the walls with same solution - we'll see if I'm up to it - coughing a ton when in that room - it's a small room - shower takes up one quarter of it.

Loved being younger and being able to take everything for granted - now lots of things are harder.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is ready to enjoy the Weekend.

I had my Banana then I went out walking today, slightly different route once I picked up my Morning Coffee at the Quick Chek, Total 2.8 miles today. It was fairly cool and comfortable. Then I came home had the rest of my breakfast, Banana Bread Oatmeal (plug here :) Review in the Food Reviews section) and the Strawberry Protein Shake.

When I finished that I decided that rather than have my brother move his car I would walk to the Post Office and back, I clocked another 1.18 miles doing that. I am now officially walked out. No walking tomorrow, It is supposed to be rainy in the morning.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    fishing was a bust - we caught maybe 6 - came home by 2 - shortest fishing day ever - really boring - beautiful, but boring. A lot of work since we've gotten older - and I wasn't feeling well - really having problems with breathing and sun seems to make it worse. Not a lot of help loading and unloading the boat.

Wonder whats up with our power. The power company - CEI - has had huge trucks in the area all day. They were across the street an hour ago for about a half hour - really loud, and just pulled up again.

Having huge coughing jags too. Think we have black mold in my shower - hope to wash plastics in clorox and soap tomorrow and douse the walls with same solution - we'll see if I'm up to it - coughing a ton when in that room - it's a small room - shower takes up one quarter of it.

Loved being younger and being able to take everything for granted - now lots of things are harder.

HI Shirl
    Sorry to hear You are having problems and that the fishing did not live up to expectations.

Both my Brother and I have commented to the effect that if we had only known we would have taken better care of ourselves when we were Young(er). But as a Youth we knew we were indestructible :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger - congrats on all that walking! And boy, you summed that up well...if we only knew then that we aren't indestructible. So glad that we figured it out and are able to work on improving our health. Take care, Val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up, looked out the window and the streets were drying off so I decided walk. I did take a small folding umbrella and the Frogg Toggs jacket, just in case. I ended up putting the jacket on and off twice. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes total, Not to bad. I did get my 2.75 mile walk in however despite the drizzle and then the light rain, most of the walk was OK.
    I came home, Ate my frozen NS Cinnamon Bun, Cleaned up, Then relaxed for a few minutes before going to CostCo. I was about out of Frozen Vegetables so I bought two 5 pound bags, Gala Apples, Clementines, Real Vanilla Extract for my Brother to use in his Oatmeal and a 18 pack box of Light & Fit Yogurt @10.99. Today was the last day of that $3 off instant coupon sale, Yea :)

Have Great Sunday
    Roger
    Roger - congrats on all that walking! And boy, you summed that up well...if we only knew then that we aren't indestructible. So glad that we figured it out and are able to work on improving our health. Take care, Val

Hi Val
    I just wish I had figured it out earlier :)

Oh well, I'm working on it now!

Cheers
    Roger
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody :), had a very exercised filled weekend. We went to our camping property. I don't think I have ever moved that much in just 2 days. Well, the weight scale thanked me this morning ....3 lbs. down...so from the time I started my journey I have lost now a grand total of 50 lbs. woohoo...on NS a total of 40 lbs. Not sure if I got it in in time but hopefully I get my 40 lbs. bear with my next order.

Nicely done on all that walking Roger :).

Scrapping so sorry that fishing didn't turn out as you hoped it would.

Welcome to the group :). I can tell you this group is so very supportive. I have lost about half of what I need to loose and I am not sure if I could've done it without all the support I have received. I think even with an odd work schedule this program is possible :). We are all here for you.!!

Thanks all btw. for all the comments :). My happy dance continued this morning lol. Anyways to answer your questions...I started my weight loss journey on January 1st which you could look at it as my New Years Resolution. I started to eat healthier and worked out a bit but I can't say that I was too committed to the work outs as it was very hard for me. Anyways, I lost 10 lbs. in 2 months which with no real program is not too bad I suppose. I started on NS on February 15th....not with the real program but with the box you can buy at Walmart. I wanted to try it first before I spend all that money. I lost 4 lbs. I think and ordered the program. I have been on it ever since. As of today I am 50 lbs. lighter overall but the loss on NS is 40 lbs. Next week I want to measure myself to see what the inch loss has been so far.

Big Congrats to you as well Nene as 60 lbs. wow that's my next goal lol :). I find it even more rewarding to have smaller clothes and I am so happy for you that you can wear loose 34's now. I can only agree that my knees are so much happier with less weight. I can move so much better than before and I want to get out to do things. Sadly, last year at this time I was depressed and just wanted to hide inside the house. It's not just the weight loss as a success but my overall new motivation and joy in life :).

5mates wrote: »
    Sue - 3 dress sizes is amazing! Might be fun when you an hour to spare, to go to a department store and try on some things you thought you'd never wear - even if you don't buy anything! The reflection in the mirror will be priceless!

To be honest I was thinking on doing that lol and yes I know the reflection will be priceless and so rewarding.

Well I am off too get some work done. Have a great day ya'll!!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I did a re-run of Yesterdays walk, Minus the Drizzly rain. It was a nice cool comfortable 62 degrees when I headed out. I had my Banana before the walk, stopped for a Ex-Large Black Coffee and made my NS Pancake Mix w/Wild Strawberry flavoring and a couple packets of Sweetener added when I returned. I have had my Protein Shake and used it to wash down my Vitamins. I opened three windows for the fresh air too.

Have a Great Week
    Roger

Hi Sue
    Thank You for the kind words, They help as I totter along on the walking :)
    Roger
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just have a quick second, but wanted to tell y'all that the sale on NS giftcards is on at Costco. $59.99.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Just have a quick second, but wanted to tell y'all that the sale on NS giftcards is on at Costco. $59.99.

Thanks Terri :),