Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I know I don't post here much, but the group has to see the travesty that is today's MFP blog.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/7-hacks-for-a-healthier-ice-cream-sandwich/

#7 made me think of this:

rkQicaD.png

Am I seeing that right? Is that ice cream on bread???

What the actual *kitten*.

Seriously? :/

I assumed it was a joke.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I know I don't post here much, but the group has to see the travesty that is today's MFP blog.

That kinda made me laugh because I just discovered this food truck existed today.

How do I get this truck to come to Ohio?

Can we pool money together for it? Has to be cheaper than flying to Houston.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

rkQicaD.png

What the actual *kitten*.

Seriously? :/
    Better that than beet ice cream :p

It's a wonder they didn't advertise for Arctic Zero.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

rkQicaD.png

I've had ice cream on a tortilla wrap before but I also added Nutella spread too haha.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

rkQicaD.png

I've had ice cream on a tortilla wrap before but I also added Nutella spread too haha.

Me too. But I toasted it then rolled it in butter and cinnamon sugar... highly recommend.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Contains two pet-peeves of mine-- substitution foods and misuse of the word "literally."

I'm not sure it is misused. I once, just outside of a dive bar, saw a crispy cookie slash a mouthy calorie, so there's that.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Contains two pet-peeves of mine-- substitution foods and misuse of the word "literally."

I'm not sure it is misused. I once, just outside of a dive bar, saw a crispy cookie slash a mouthy calorie, so there's that.

:laugh:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I'll have to go check out that other thread.

I tried Talenti's triple chocolate today. It was really good, but I'm a chocolate freak and was in a "gimme chocolate or else" mood. :lol:

I don't think I mentioned my opinion of their Tahitian Vanilla that I tried a few weeks ago. I think this was the first Talenti gelato that really disappointed me. I was expecting a rich vanilla flavor, but it was more tart (I saw lemon juice in the ingredient list, too). I prefer a full, rich vanilla, personally.
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    OK, I checked out the 7 "hacks" and I really don't get any of them, except maybe using a thin cookie. (Only because sometimes those are super yummy). Yeah ... beet ice cream? Why? I love beets, but I can't imagine them for an ice cream flavor. "Or another similar vegetable, like carrots." Um, carrot flavored ice cream? Just no.
    Francl27 wrote: »

rkQicaD.png

Me too. But I toasted it then rolled it in butter and cinnamon sugar... highly recommend.

Mmm, maybe a quick deep fry, too, and it would be lovely. :mrgreen:

• Francl27
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »

I tried Talenti's triple chocolate today. It was really good, but I'm a chocolate freak and was in a "gimme chocolate or else" mood. :lol:

I don't think I mentioned my opinion of their Tahitian Vanilla that I tried a few weeks ago. I think this was the first Talenti gelato that really disappointed me. I was expecting a rich vanilla flavor, but it was more tart (I saw lemon juice in the ingredient list, too). I prefer a full, rich vanilla, personally.

... Talenti triple chocolate? How? Where???
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I can actually see the beet thing. Not for me, mind you, but they used to use beets to flavor red velvet cake so I can understand the idea.

@mathjulz Talenti Triple Chocolate?
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'm disappointed there are not a lot of delicious July 4th dessert pictures.

We had some chocolate cake with buttermilk frosting for my husband's birthday. Not my picture but it looked just like this

3958887078_39fcb671a6_z.jpg

Still have half of it left in the fridge actually, but I got to stay away (and it's going to end in the freezer tonight anyway).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Fourth of July for me is much more about beer and barbecue than desserts... We had awesome steaks and red wine Friday night, then last night did hot dogs, moonshine brats, and s'mores (traditional, no Summer Peeps) with quite a few coronas thrown in as well.

Next week I am on a long weekend girls trip with friends to Central Coast California, so I am sure I will have some great meals but again, heavy focus on wine....
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well my vacation is starting tomorrow so I'm sure I'll get some good meals and desserts in there. Will take pictures!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I forgot to take pics. I made Nutter Butter/Butterfinger cheesecake bars. They all disappeared pretty quickly.

This week is my vacation too and Mr. Acrylics has some really cool restaurants picked out so I should have lots of good pics.
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    mathjulz wrote: »

... Talenti triple chocolate? How? Where???

My bad ... double checked the container and it was double dark chocolate. Dark chocolate gelato with dark chocolate mix ins. I don't know why my brain translated that to triple :angry: (Does the dark count as a third? haha)
    Sorry for the confusion!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Double Dark Chocolate is one of the best anyway, so you're forgiven
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    For the 4th, I had some ice cream at Marble Slab and the Ben and Jerry's in Galveston. I tried the gone bananas coconut cream pie flavor at Slab, which was pretty enjoyable, and the Speculoos Cookie Core, which I admittedly wasn't the biggest fan of.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My husband tried telling me that we eat "entirely too much ice cream". :lol::joy::joy:

The next day we got another tub. :sunglasses: