Any Snack suggestions that ACTUALLY want to eaten?!

Samer4
Samer4 Posts: 5 Member
I find I'm constantly trying to find snacks that kill a craving. Healthy snacks can be so dull! And even sometimes really calorific... Hummus/ guac two of my fave 'healthy' snacks are loaded in calories. HELP!!!!!

Replies

• sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    I always eat string cheese - the weight watchers brand is only 50 calories per stick. If you're at home, sweet potato chips are super easy to bake. Just cut up, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 400 for 25 min or so and you can make a great dip for those by mixing plain Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard.
  • olif2011
    olif2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Beef jerky is high in protein and doesn't raise your insulin levels meaning you don't store any more fat... Check to find some with a low sodium content! It's not all about the calories, so long as you have the right calories it can aid weight loss. Eat like a king in the morning and a pauper at night and try to eat 5 smaller meals a day! You'll be fuller, feel like you're eating more! Typical diet... Oats in the morning, poached eggs on whole meal toast, chicken and broccoli for lunch and loads of veg with Turkey/chicken/beef/fish for tea... Snack on fruit and if you fancy some nuts or something have it in the morning oppose to the afternoon. Stick with it for a week without any cheats and hopefully the results will hope you fight off the cravings and you won't want them ;) hope this helps p.s. I'm not a nutritionist just had a few years training and my mum keeps asking me how to lose weight so that's what I tell her... Nothing is guaranteed and take no responsibility for any advice given... This is just advice! Best of look and hope it helps ;)
  • melissarickman2
    melissarickman2 Posts: 8 Member
    I usually crave sweets and I find drinking some Crystal Light Iced tea helps me.
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    I tend to go for savory snacks. As an alternative to potato chips, I make microwave chips. I do them plain or I dehydrate jalapenos, grind them to a powder and sprinkle them on. I can control the sodium, there's no fat and I'm very satisfied. I also love dehydrated zucchini chips.
  • IvytheEpic
    IvytheEpic Posts: 1 Member
    Homemade popcorn with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper is a good way to kill a craving!
  • clareelaine05
    clareelaine05 Posts: 3 Member
    Carrot sticks and homous.. always works for me ☺
  • diane1223
    diane1223 Posts: 43 Member
    great ideas! I love hummus.
  • phiguru
    phiguru Posts: 9 Member
    Popcorn (homemade) or roasted chick peas (salty, crunchy, high fibre) or pickles. For fast in the heat, I love a dill pickle spear.
  • Kali_Leptos
    Kali_Leptos Posts: 3 Member
    Fat free Greek yogurt with sugar free cherry preserves
  • countrycutie408
    countrycutie408 Posts: 12 Member
    If it's something sweet that your craving, myself I always have caramel chocolate chip rice cakes in my cupboards only 60 calories each and one does the trick with a bottle of water :)
  • girl0816
    girl0816 Posts: 1 Member
    Frozen banana ice cream
  • jenway9
    jenway9 Posts: 1 Member
    If it's something sweet you crave I like the 1-2-3 cake at only 81 calories
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    I make little zucchini chocolate protein muffins and keep them in the freezer. Pop them in the microwave for a quick snack. They also satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • jean_rennolds
    jean_rennolds Posts: 27 Member
    I have found Fiber one has lots of snacks with low cal and lots of yummy flavors. I am eating lemon bars that contain only 90 cal. and 8 sugar.
  • Jdavis6491
    Jdavis6491 Posts: 1 Member
    Check out the WatUSee Chickpeas! The Tomato Basil are my favorite, but the Rosemary ones aren't too bad either. You can find them at Whole Foods and a few other stores.
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    There's a company called Lesser Evil that makes amazing snacks, organic, healthy ingredients. I am a kettle corn addict, and the Himalayan Sweetness is seriously the best salty-sweet popcorn I have ever had. My only complaint is that it's very hard not to wolf down the whole bag. You can read a useful review of their products here: http://www.godairyfree.org/product-reviews/lesserevil-organic-snacks. I buy mine at Sprouts, but you can get them on subscribe and save on Amazon.

I have trouble getting enough protein, so I keep Pacific Gold beef jerky and Planters Nut-rition single serve packs on hand.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Air-popped popcorn or rice cakes with cottage cheese and pineapple are two of my current favourites :)
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    What kind of craving? Here's my list of snacks I work into my day:

-Sweet potato pop chips (LOVE)
    -Trader joes dark chocolate espresso beans (just a few not a full serving does the trick for some chocolate)
    -plain Greek yogurt with a bit of honey and pistachios or 1tb granola or if I really have the room in my day I mix in PB and mini chocolate chips...cookie dough!!!
    -trader joes graham cracker with low fat strawberry cream cheese. I pair this with a vanilla protein shake or eat alone for something sweet and not overkill.
    -cottage cheese with cinnamon or fresh pineapple, raspberries, or mandarin oranges
    -popcorn (which I usually save for when I want a beer ;))
    -Popsicles
    -mini peppers with garlic herb laughing cow cheese

• supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Mixed nuts with a bit of dark chocolate sort me out.
  • lyndseydargan2015
    lyndseydargan2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Frozen grapes are delish