Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    DH decided to make Reese's milkshakes last night after dinner. Delicious.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I apologize for the stupid question but I was excited to find Gelato Fiasco today and I picked up the dark chocolate sea salt caramel. However, I am not sure how many grams their 1/2 cup serving is. Do any of you know?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My husband tried telling me that we eat "entirely too much ice cream". :lol::joy::joy:

The next day we got another tub. :sunglasses:

Right on! What kind did you get?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    I apologize for the stupid question but I was excited to find Gelato Fiasco today and I picked up the dark chocolate sea salt caramel. However, I am not sure how many grams their 1/2 cup serving is. Do any of you know?

Probably about 120g. That's how many were in the peanut butter stracciatella. You can write to them and ask. They'll tell you!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I'd been using 104g for the serving, but if you do write and get a response, please post!

And that is just about the very best calorie-efficient ice cream / gelato I've ever had. It is shocking how flavorful and rich it is but still manages the low calorie count. Enjoy!

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Probably about 120g. That's how many were in the peanut butter stracciatella. You can write to them and ask. They'll tell you!
    Cortelli wrote: »

I'd been using 104g for the serving, but if you do write and get a response, please post!

And that is just about the very best calorie-efficient ice cream / gelato I've ever had. It is shocking how flavorful and rich it is but still manages the low calorie count. Enjoy!

I didn't even think to write them. I will do that, thanks. In the mean time I did a Google search and found a thread where Cortelli had said it was 100+ grams so I just measured out 100 grams. I am so very thankful for you guys because I don't think I would have ever considered trying Gelato Fiasco because of the price but I remember reading a couple good reviews. It definitely did not disappoint. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Cortelli wrote: »

I didn't even think to write them. I will do that, thanks. In the mean time I did a Google search and found a thread where Cortelli had said it was 100+ grams so I just measured out 100 grams. I am so very thankful for you guys because I don't think I would have ever considered trying Gelato Fiasco because of the price but I remember reading a couple good reviews. It definitely did not disappoint. :)

They were pretty quick to respond. Same with Jeni's, after I got some ice cream that didn't have a nutrition label on it. I think MrM27 is the one who got us hooked on Gelato Fiasco, with his rave review of the peanut butter stracciatella. It all went downhill from there. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    @dennie24 I think I figured it at around 120 grams based solely on dividing the contents of the container by 4. But if you get an answer from them let us know.

I'm back from vacation. I had lots of delicious food-- usually there are a few duds but not this trip. Everything we had was delicious. Pics later.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've been eating HG's Peach Sorbet for the past week. I literally have no room in my freezer for ice cream :(

I dunno what it is lately, it's like I've been in an ice cream funk. No good new flavors :(
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    For ease I'm putting all the desserts here. I'll put the meals in the savory thread. Apologies that everything has a bite out of it. I kept forgetting to take a picture until after the first bite.

Dutch apple pie a la mode, which was fantastic:

0d4146be-8907-458d-8090-f0fe3ab76e8b_zpspfcz7bka.jpg

This was a blueberry crumble bar from a local bakery. It was gluten free but still delicious. ;)

00c65244-4e36-4d97-9f56-779776bac7d8_zpslq1adm2q.jpg

I intended to try something a little more exotic but I was just in the mood for cookies and cream, so that's what I got. From the ice cream shop across from our hotel:

8dc24722-898a-4fb2-bb9a-0f13aba85144_zpsheo5hpcw.jpg

This one was really interesting (and good). It was butterscotch ice cream with a butterscotch ribbon, and then it had brownies, oreos, and peanut butter cups mixed in.

19934251-6dd7-47b8-8b9c-ea576fa0e5ad_zpsnseicgrv.jpg

I dunno where this should go-- it was one of the three craft breweries we tried. The second from the left was my favorite beer we tried-- a sweet potato ale. It was delicious. Mr. Acrylics even liked it and he's not a sweet potato person.

ac29ee7b-838a-49f4-94de-8ab7d9de69a2_zps5yywmwn0.jpg

Finally, this is a chocolate toffee mousse cake from the italian place we tried. The meal we had there was possibly the best thing I've ever eaten anywhere. I told Mr. Acrylics that this tasted like Christmas. When pressed for what I meant by that (I can see why he was confused because it really wasn't even traditional holiday flavors or anything) I realized that what it really tasted like was my mom's fudge with some of my english toffee melted over the top. Absolutely incredible, and worth every calorie.

7c472c28-9370-4929-abc6-19a960f8efe1_zpsppyikdfc.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Hooooly yum!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Celebrate National Ice Cream Day this weekend in San Francisco - or wherever you happen to be :)

http://www.somastreatfoodpark.com/events-db/2015/7/19/national-ice-cream-day
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Celebrate National Ice Cream Day this weekend in San Francisco - or wherever you happen to be :)

http://www.somastreatfoodpark.com/events-db/2015/7/19/national-ice-cream-day

I'll be sure to celebrate tomorrow, although every day is ice cream day for me. :smile:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I went to a food truck meet at HEB and was able to get something from SMOOSH.

2AKHYjg.jpg?1
    Apple pie with oatmeal raisin cookies because I've been craving both apple pie ice cream and oatmeal cookies

2go5Aaq.jpg?1
    Also picked up this waffle salmon concoction.

They also had a 2 for 1 Talenti coupon, so I picked up pistachio and double dark chocolate. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm back and gave up taking pictures, but a lot of delicious (and non delicious, unfortunately) foods got eaten...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    People, today is National Ice Cream Appreciation Day. You know what you need to do. Make or consume the most delicious ice cream concoction you can imagine. Post pictures and tell us about it here.

For any non-Americans in the group, never fear, I am naturalizing you for the day so you can participate. 'Murrica
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I just picked up bryers waffle cone blast and am going to rip into that tonight….
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I just picked up bryers waffle cone blast and am going to rip into that tonight….

Sounds good. I seen at the Bargain store they had a Breyers Klondike flavor. Anyone try that?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ate 400 calories of Edy's drumstick in honor of National Ice Cream day. To be fair, I also had a lot of spare calories.