100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Walked today despite the Higher temperatures and Humidity, 2.8 miles approx, & 1Cent. I was out the door at 5:1, The rain had stopped,it was fairly cool and everything was wet with puddles here and there, By the time I got home the streets were drying and the humidity was at a uncomfortable level.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Val - that sounds like shin splints to me - youch! Used to play softball in my 20s - experienced that pain then. Good on you being able to do that many stairs! You go girl.

Roger - you're so inspirational with all your walking. Good on the coffee too.

Watering back yard trees - mid 80s - little rain all month - looking ragged.

Hi Shirl
    I figure how much harm could a cup of black unsweetened coffee do, Even the Large one.
    We had some rain overnight, Now I do not have to water!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    I'm so glad the shin pain did not resurface. I took the dogs out walking...they wanted to jog and I held them back. I did jog a little and no pain, but I didn't want to push it.

My kiddo starts school on Wednesday...so now my schedule will get even tighter. But I am firmly on my priority list.

Hi Val
    Is it me or does school start earlier than it used to? I always figured after labor day for the start of school.

Nice that the pain did not come back
    Roger

• Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mowed and weed whacked my yard this afternoon in the heat.ll makes for good cardio since I push mow just shy of a half acre. I always see the neighbors with riding lawn mowers and wishing I had one,,, but 1) my mower works perfectly fine and 2) I'd be missing out on the working off some fat. Maybe my mower will break when I'm at goal lol. I do plan to be out of this house within the next 10 years or so. I really want to buy a chunk of land and move out to the middle of no where. Want a huge veggie garden and fruit trees and fruit bushes. Not to mention peace and quiet. So probably just going to hang on to a push mower until then. Bought a new whacker today and my arms are sore. Thing is heavy compared to my old one.

Almost been 30 days (on the 22nd) on Nutrisystem... So far down 15.6... Which if I keep losing for the next few days means I'll have lost more then half a pound a day. I have 140-150ish pounds to lose from when I first started... So I know it'll slow once I get a lot closer. Don't feel hungry, headaches have disappeared for the most part and feel like I'm sleeping better even though it's only been 15 pounds
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Congrats Daisy on your progress! You're doing great. I view mowing as multi-tasking exercise and accomplishing something.

Roger - when I was a kid, school was Sept through mid-June. Lately it's been late August to end of May. We've been in San Antonio for 5 years now, and previously all schools aligned their schedules and it would start mid-week before Labor Day (so they'd go to school 3 days, then have a 3-day weekend). This year Catholic HS started a couple weeks ago, then Catholic K-8 started, now charter schools start Wed, and public schools on Monday. Everyone is confused as to which school zones are active and which aren't.

I'm doing well. but feeling mildly glum (no reason). I've been loving my veggies lately...made baked crispy-asparagus and ate them ALL up (ooh, 54 calories for 2 cups!). Then made baked broccoli...family has been munching on that all day. This morning I cooked (pam spray) fresh mushrooms with garlic, turmeric, paprika, and a little black pepper...that was yummy.

Wishing you all a happy evening and progress toward all your goals!
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    So got my water bill... Was excessive.. Instead of the normal $20... It was $85. Called a friend who's brother is a plumber... Friends brother came over and did a check of everything.. Going to be a leak underneath my concrete slab more then likely.. Sigh. Something he can't fix.. Told me to call a leak detection service... $350 min on Monday morning just to find where the leak is. Not including repairing it. They say things come in 3... So I'm counting emergency vet, my bank, now this as the third so things can stop happening. Im such a stress eater... But instead of eating I came on here to vent so I apologize.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Wow was it warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Then some down time and a run to Home Depot & Costco and a sporting goods store on the way home, then on to McDOnalds for Decaf Coffee for Myself & regular for my brother. Home Depot stop not successful. Costco I got two 5 pound bags of frozen vegetables, Some Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, a Bath Towel and replacement slippers. Then So I can stop at a local supermarket on my walks I picked up a inexpensive Backpack $10. The Frozen & Yogurt was sitting on the bath towel in a large box in the trunk & covered with a Knit Blanket and stayed frozen nicely.

Have Nice Day
    Roger
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    Mowed and weed whacked my yard this afternoon in the heat.ll makes for good cardio since I push mow just shy of a half acre. I always see the neighbors with riding lawn mowers and wishing I had one,,, but 1) my mower works perfectly fine and 2) I'd be missing out on the working off some fat. Maybe my mower will break when I'm at goal lol. I do plan to be out of this house within the next 10 years or so. I really want to buy a chunk of land and move out to the middle of no where. Want a huge veggie garden and fruit trees and fruit bushes. Not to mention peace and quiet. So probably just going to hang on to a push mower until then. Bought a new whacker today and my arms are sore. Thing is heavy compared to my old one.

Almost been 30 days (on the 22nd) on Nutrisystem... So far down 15.6... Which if I keep losing for the next few days means I'll have lost more then half a pound a day. I have 140-150ish pounds to lose from when I first started... So I know it'll slow once I get a lot closer. Don't feel hungry, headaches have disappeared for the most part and feel like I'm sleeping better even though it's only been 15 pounds

Hi DaisyLee
    Congratulations on using a Push Mower. That Also means You could get out nice and early to mow before the heat.

You are correct that the loss will slow down. The Thing to watch out for is to not let it bother You and to not try and reduce Your calories below the NS Plan to improve the loss. I fell into that trap last year and over a short period of time I lowered my calories by 300 a day. That caused a short period of better loss then a plateau. A Call to the counselors and being pushed to put the 300 calories back and the weight loss resumed.

The headaches are long gone as well as the NutriToots.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Congrats Daisy on your progress! You're doing great. I view mowing as multi-tasking exercise and accomplishing something.

Roger - when I was a kid, school was Sept through mid-June. Lately it's been late August to end of May. We've been in San Antonio for 5 years now, and previously all schools aligned their schedules and it would start mid-week before Labor Day (so they'd go to school 3 days, then have a 3-day weekend). This year Catholic HS started a couple weeks ago, then Catholic K-8 started, now charter schools start Wed, and public schools on Monday. Everyone is confused as to which school zones are active and which aren't.

I'm doing well. but feeling mildly glum (no reason). I've been loving my veggies lately...made baked crispy-asparagus and ate them ALL up (ooh, 54 calories for 2 cups!). Then made baked broccoli...family has been munching on that all day. This morning I cooked (pam spray) fresh mushrooms with garlic, turmeric, paprika, and a little black pepper...that was yummy.

Wishing you all a happy evening and progress toward all your goals!

Hi Val
    I am not sure why they have changed things. However Thank You for the Information.

In the past I have fried Yellow Summer Squash with a cooling spray. I cooked them until they were near a burnt state, Nice and Crispy and Tasty that way too. At this time of year I tend to avoid using the oven as much as possible.

Any recipe requests? I did save many (Most) of the recipes from the NS recipe center and the ones from the user pages. I have posted some of them here in the recipes section. I keep meaning to print out a couple of interesting looking ones that use the NS pancake mix as the base.

Have a good evening
    Roger
    So got my water bill... Was excessive.. Instead of the normal $20... It was $85. Called a friend who's brother is a plumber... Friends brother came over and did a check of everything.. Going to be a leak underneath my concrete slab more then likely.. Sigh. Something he can't fix.. Told me to call a leak detection service... $350 min on Monday morning just to find where the leak is. Not including repairing it. They say things come in 3... So I'm counting emergency vet, my bank, now this as the third so things can stop happening. Im such a stress eater... But instead of eating I came on here to vent so I apologize.

Hi Again
    Did You do the the easy test for a leak to be sure it is not the meter first. The easy test is two fold.
    1. Have the water company change the meter.
    2. With everything turned off look at the meter and see if it is registering any usage.

It sounds as if You are in one of the areas where instead of having the meter in the house it is located at the curb.

Where I am the water company also offers a water & Sewer protection plan that is a monthly fee. Is that an option? if Nothing else that would spread out the expense over a period of time.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    I did. Turned off the water main that's inside my laundry room and the triangle was still spinning at the meter at the curb. It's def a leak somewhere between the main inside the house and the turn off valve at the meter which is on the house side of the meter.. So if the meter was leaking then it would have been still moving. It's how they test meters for leaks now apparently is still have water run through it and have water shut off just on the house side instead of street side. I'm hoping it's where he thinks it is. Apparently they have two lines and then piece it together in Indiana. They run the inside line to about 5 ft outside the exterior wall.. And then use a coupling and connect it to the line from there to the meter. And it's a little muddy right there. He says those couplings only last 15-20 years with the weather we have.. House is 16 years old so it also fits that as well. It'll be a lot cheaper to dig a hole in the yard then in the slab
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Daisy- sorry you have yet one more thing to deal with. By all means venting here is do much better than stress-eating.

For no good reason I really wanted to eat and eat today. But I thought about it and decided it want worth the extra calories. So, I cleaned the kitchen floor, rode the exercise bike, filled the water softener, and went to lowes and bought more softener salt. Have a good night!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking and it was warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Picked one whole Cent while walking, Whee :)

I saw a Wild Turkey yesterday, 3 Deer today and one dead skunk in the road, Fortunately the wind was blowing away from me. Skunks are fearless due to their defense IMO and that gets them killed on the road. We have had them in the front yard in the past and I have smelled them wandering down the driveway now and then too.

Nearby towns got pummeled with rain yesterday. Major Flooding, Streets and a major highway closed and damaged. Despite being close all we heard was some thunder and no rain. :)

Not to much planned to happen today.
    Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    I did. Turned off the water main that's inside my laundry room and the triangle was still spinning at the meter at the curb. It's def a leak somewhere between the main inside the house and the turn off valve at the meter which is on the house side of the meter.. So if the meter was leaking then it would have been still moving. It's how they test meters for leaks now apparently is still have water run through it and have water shut off just on the house side instead of street side. I'm hoping it's where he thinks it is. Apparently they have two lines and then piece it together in Indiana. They run the inside line to about 5 ft outside the exterior wall.. And then use a coupling and connect it to the line from there to the meter. And it's a little muddy right there. He says those couplings only last 15-20 years with the weather we have.. House is 16 years old so it also fits that as well. It'll be a lot cheaper to dig a hole in the yard then in the slab

Hi DaisyLee
    Here is a Simple test that might help. Call Dig Safe and they will come out and mark all the underground utilities for You. Then if It were I I would use a shovel and dig down some and see if it keeps getting wetter. OTOH I am frugal and would rather do the digging myself as compared to paying someone to dig and repair. Around here the water mains are not super deep. I think ours was around 3 feet down. The Water company had to come and change the Curb Shut off and when they could not find it they installed one. Major project too since they could not get a location on where it should be nor detect it with their meters. Fortunately it was free since a multi man work crew and a back Hoe and Police Car for traffic control would have been expensive.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Daisy- sorry you have yet one more thing to deal with. By all means venting here is do much better than stress-eating.

For no good reason I really wanted to eat and eat today. But I thought about it and decided it want worth the extra calories. So, I cleaned the kitchen floor, rode the exercise bike, filled the water softener, and went to lowes and bought more softener salt. Have a good night!

Hi Val
    Congratulations on bypassing temptation !

Instead You turned it into exercise tmje.gif

Enjoy the Victory
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Unfortunately it's almost 100% clay... Add water and it becomes concrete. My brother and I built my fence and even with a gas powered auger to dig the holes it was a struggle... Especially when the bit got stuck... And that took a day just to dig out. Thankfully I have savings for this exact reason. And with the new bank I have, my credit card is interest free for 15 months and I can get cash back as well. It'll all work out in the end. Thankfully when I bought my house, I had access to the plot map so I know exactly where everything is. If it's the coupling outside, my friends brother will be able to do it for nothing.. It's just the slab I'm worried about. Hopefully I have luck.

On the 22nd... It's my month weigh in. Excited and can't wait!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Frustrating and long day at work.
    We finally got a little bit if rain!
    Went walking up and down almost every aisle at Sams (just switched from Costco). Did some yard work (tree trimming and picking up after my 4 dogs).
    I've noticed something...men are much nicer and more helpful now than when I was 57 lbs heavier. Now they rush to 'help' me lift things. Being thinner and working out, now I don't need the help. So, it pisses me off that people are nicer to thinner people...that's just wrong.

But, I'm trying to just be gracious and appreciative when they offer help. I literally can't begin to tell you all the hundreds of times I would struggle and need help, only to just be stared at.

I'm approaching the 60 lbs milestone...and very excited about that. And not too far after that, I'll finally be overweight (not obese).

Have a good night. Wishing you good health and success in attaining your goals!
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1182145248478661&set=pcb.1182147131811806&type=1

highlight link - open in new window and see how I spent my day.

click on see full post (lower left under grouped pic) to see all 7 photos. Taken by Len Putz - check out his photos at www.lifelinesmedia.com.

The blonde is my friend who flew in to bury her parents - the guy in the pinkish shirt is her DH - they married when they were 18 in 1968 - and folks thought it would never work out. We did a brief tour today - and Terry was so enthusiastic about all the places they used to neck! sweet!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello All
    We had rain overnight, it was finished when I got up and looked out the Living Room window and the street was starting to dry. 77 degrees and high humidity however. Spread out over 6 different locations I picked up $4.15 today, Best Day for money since I started walking :) 2.8 miles done today. $4 of that was two $1 bills in two locations, They were wet and thus stayed where they must have fallen despite the Cars, Buses & Trucks driving by where they were and causing a cooling breeze.

A nice cooling breeze came up during the walk, Sadly not until 4 blocks from the house :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Unfortunately it's almost 100% clay... Add water and it becomes concrete. My brother and I built my fence and even with a gas powered auger to dig the holes it was a struggle... Especially when the bit got stuck... And that took a day just to dig out. Thankfully I have savings for this exact reason. And with the new bank I have, my credit card is interest free for 15 months and I can get cash back as well. It'll all work out in the end. Thankfully when I bought my house, I had access to the plot map so I know exactly where everything is. If it's the coupling outside, my friends brother will be able to do it for nothing.. It's just the slab I'm worried about. Hopefully I have luck.

On the 22nd... It's my month weigh in. Excited and can't wait!

Hi Daisylee
    Clay is tough in more than one way, plantings take more work to get the ground built up too.

I hope it is outside too, inside would mean breaking up the slab and pouring new, then fixing whatever flooring was there can be tough to get something to match.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Frustrating and long day at work.
    We finally got a little bit if rain!
    Went walking up and down almost every aisle at Sams (just switched from Costco). Did some yard work (tree trimming and picking up after my 4 dogs).
    I've noticed something...men are much nicer and more helpful now than when I was 57 lbs heavier. Now they rush to 'help' me lift things. Being thinner and working out, now I don't need the help. So, it pisses me off that people are nicer to thinner people...that's just wrong.

But, I'm trying to just be gracious and appreciative when they offer help. I literally can't begin to tell you all the hundreds of times I would struggle and need help, only to just be stared at.

I'm approaching the 60 lbs milestone...and very excited about that. And not too far after that, I'll finally be overweight (not obese).

Have a good night. Wishing you good health and success in attaining your goals!

Hi Val
    I must confess to being curious, why the switch. I like CostCo, I have used the free shopping days that come in the mail at BJs and was completely underwhelmed. Nearest Sams is a ways away, 25 - 30 minute drive so no switch for me.

I like to think I have been helpful to everyone, thick or thin, Young or old :)

I can not wait to hit that same Milestone of Overweight not obese. I do wonder about the BMI chart, the low end of the range they show for my height seems really light to me.

Congratulations on approaching the 60 pound milestone. I know it has taken a lot of hard work on Your part.
    Roger
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=11821452484786
    61&set=pcb.1182147131811806&type=1

highlight link - open in new window and see how I spent my day.

click on see full post (lower left under grouped pic) to see all 7 photos. Taken by Len Putz - check out his photos at www.lifelinesmedia.com.

The blonde is my friend who flew in to bury her parents - the guy in the pinkish shirt is her DH - they married when they were 18 in 1968 - and folks thought it would never work out. We did a brief tour today - and Terry was so enthusiastic about all the places they used to neck! sweet!

Hi Shirl
    I am glad You had a good day, The link did not work for me, possibly due to my not being on Facebook?

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    I was going to rip up all the flooring anyways. Carpet that's 15 years old, going on its third owner, and I have two large dogs. So that doesn't bother me :)

On to happy news! First month today on nutrisystem... And in down 16.4 pounds! And that's even with the cupcakes, beer and dinner with friends one night, pizza slice, and a piece of candy!!! Yay! 15 pounds until I'm out of the 300's.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger I like Costco better, but SAMs is 5 minutes and Costco 30 minutes so I never drive 1/2 just for gas. Plus their gas lines are super long, not as bad at SAMs. SAMs has ink for my kodak printer (costco doesn't). Plus there was a discount Groupon for SAMs. Both have 50# bags of dog food!!!
  • scrappin999
    Options
    sorry - the link didn't work for anyone except me. I'll try again tomorrow.

Awful day here today - got pinched by a scam for 2k. Been involved with trying to sort that out since noon - right now I have a J floating in my right eye - go figure.

If you get a call that your grandchild is in jail, has been in an accident, and that person doesn't state his name - hang up and then call your kid! It should save you lots of grief and time and energy. So far today have spoken to the cops 2 x, the bank 2 x, the drugstore who wouldn't refund our $, Apple corporate who doesn't give a rip, and Walgreens corporate. What a waste! We may or may not be out the $ - if the transaction doesn't go thru, then Walgreens is out the money, not us. Won't know until tomorrow.

International crime - but local police will make out report if needed. Is there anyone federal I should be calling?

There were so many red flags on this, if we'd sat down and talked it thru before spending the $ it would have saved us all round. My kids rarely travel - but one went to Chicago yesterday.The crook didn't have the right location but our parents didn't know he was even out of town - and grandpa was happy to keep it under wraps without sharing with us to protect his grandchild. Thank God that he had loaned his car to my SIL or this would have come down without our knowledge. Thankfully too - our son is ok, no broken nose, no trouble, he's prolly the only one not upset about this mess. He's off having a good time.

Off to bed - the alphabet floating in my right eye is very distracting.

My cataract surgery in same eye will be at 3 pm Monday.

Have a great weekend.
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    scrappin : I understand your pain.. They duplicated my bank card and cleared me out. Was painful waiting for everything to clear up. I hope everything works out for you soon! I'm a dispatcher for a communications center that handles 9 different police agencies. The report will get shipped to the investigations desk (detectives), and they will put it out from there. If they enter anything into what we call NCIC... It's like one giant message board.. The information can be entered in small town USA, and NYC will have instant access to it if they run the same or even similar numbers, names, dates of birth. The new scam now is too that they will even pretend to be an officer. We had some guy going around calling people trying to tell people so n so was arrested... And The name he was giving really is a deputy's name. If it's a real officer.. They will have zero problem with you telling them you want to call dispatch to verify cause they will have nothing to hide.

Just make sure you give the bank your police report. That will give you more backing in the fraud.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I do need to go double check my upcoming order today, tomorrow is the last day to do that unless I make a last minute decision to delay it again. With the Holiday in 2 weeks I am ambivalent regarding doing that. OTOH doing that would let me use up more of the on hand food.

I was walking and what a beautiful day, cool and low humidity and a mild breeze. I walked past 7 deer in three locations, one in a front yard near the brook, and two clusters of three along that brooks parkland. I keep looking for the Owls I hear every day during the walks and have yet to spot one.

Have A Great Weekend
    Roger
    I was going to rip up all the flooring anyways. Carpet that's 15 years old, going on its third owner, and I have two large dogs. So that doesn't bother me :)

On to happy news! First month today on nutrisystem... And in down 16.4 pounds! And that's even with the cupcakes, beer and dinner with friends one night, pizza slice, and a piece of candy!!! Yay! 15 pounds until I'm out of the 300's.

Hi Daisylee
    Congratulations on the loss, Try and be strong in the face of temptations. I have posted a recipe for a Cupcake that works as a NutriSystem Dessert/snack recently, even has a frosting recipe adjacent to it in the recipes section I had created.
    For Pizza Temptations why not order a couple of the Shelf Stable Pizzas A La Carte with Your order? OR if You are getting Frozen foods there are several Frozen Pizzas that have a Nice Crispy Crust too.

Good Luck getting to the 200's, I was happy to get there myself.
    Roger
    Roger I like Costco better, but SAMs is 5 minutes and Costco 30 minutes so I never drive 1/2 just for gas. Plus their gas lines are super long, not as bad at SAMs. SAMs has ink for my kodak printer (costco doesn't). Plus there was a discount Groupon for SAMs. Both have 50# bags of dog food!!!

Hi Val
    That explanation makes sense. The nearest CostCo has no gas but the two next closest do. saving 25 minutes and the commensurate Gas + Wear and tear on the car and the Kodak ink makes it worth the switch.

Cheers
    Roger

Awful day here today - got pinched by a scam for 2k. Been involved with trying to sort that out since noon - right now I have a J floating in my right eye - go figure.

If you get a call that your grandchild is in jail, has been in an accident, and that person doesn't state his name - hang up and then call your kid! It should save you lots of grief and time and energy. So far today have spoken to the cops 2 x, the bank 2 x, the drugstore who wouldn't refund our $, Apple corporate who doesn't give a rip, and Walgreens corporate. What a waste! We may or may not be out the $ - if the transaction doesn't go thru, then Walgreens is out the money, not us. Won't know until tomorrow.

International crime - but local police will make out report if needed. Is there anyone federal I should be calling?

There were so many red flags on this, if we'd sat down and talked it thru before spending the $ it would have saved us all round. My kids rarely travel - but one went to Chicago yesterday.The crook didn't have the right location but our parents didn't know he was even out of town - and grandpa was happy to keep it under wraps without sharing with us to protect his grandchild. Thank God that he had loaned his car to my SIL or this would have come down without our knowledge. Thankfully too - our son is ok, no broken nose, no trouble, he's prolly the only one not upset about this mess. He's off having a good time.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Shirl
    I am afraid that is a fairly common type of scam. They usually have You use a money transfer service such as MoneyGram so that there is no recovery. I hope You get Lucky that way.

I have had calls from some subhuman piece of scum with an American name and a think Indian accent trying to get me to pay a debt that I do not owe or I will be arrested that day due to a arrest warrant. They do not seem to like it when I say arrest me :) With those calls my BS meter is pegged. I know we do not arrest people for unpaid private debts.

Good Luck
    Roger
    scrappin : I understand your pain.. They duplicated my bank card and cleared me out. Was painful waiting for everything to clear up. I hope everything works out for you soon! I'm a dispatcher for a communications center that handles 9 different police agencies. The report will get shipped to the investigations desk (detectives), and they will put it out from there. If they enter anything into what we call NCIC... It's like one giant message board.. The information can be entered in small town USA, and NYC will have instant access to it if they run the same or even similar numbers, names, dates of birth. The new scam now is too that they will even pretend to be an officer. We had some guy going around calling people trying to tell people so n so was arrested... And The name he was giving really is a deputy's name. If it's a real officer.. They will have zero problem with you telling them you want to call dispatch to verify cause they will have nothing to hide.

Just make sure you give the bank your police report. That will give you more backing in the fraud.

Hi Again
    Good Advice, Always verify when someone wants to dig into Your pocket for the hard earned money. I suspect it is not hard over the Internet to get a police officers name.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options

Have a great weekend.

Oh, Shirl - I'm so sorry that some people are evil and you may have lost a chunk of money because of that. What an ordeal.

Congrats on the upcoming cataract surgery...I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth procedure and full & quick recovery. Can they remove the "J" at the same time? or is that just something to deal with?

Take care, Val
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Val - the J is gone today - now it's just a dot - prolly stress! Hopefully these things will go away along with the cataract.

Haven't had time to try to figure out how to post pics here - but plan on doing so today or tomorrow - trying to put the scam drama behind us - we lied and told Dad we got our money back - he wanted to cover it.

Unfortunately - no police report - no crime as we still have the cards and numbers, no fraud as far as bank is concerned as we willingly spent the money. But the fraud unit did close the card so our bank acct isn't emptyed - Walgreens may have a security breach - someone there could be watching transactions in order to get to the credit or debit card number - unlikely lots of folks having that much cash around.

Been a wild ride. Not over yet - was told Walgreens corp will call me tues - I'm asking for an exception to their policy and for a refund.

Or soon I may be telling you I got a mac book, iphone, ipad, or a ton of i tunes!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I Walked past the Supermarket and wore my $10 Backpack so I could do some light shopping, 10 Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, They had Strawberry Cheesecake flavor and Boston Creme Pie and Passion Fruit. 5 Bananas and a couple of Crystal Light and 2 cans of Coconut water @30 calories (Impulse Buy) :) Before I left I pulled the Frozen Water bottle out of the freezer, wrapped it in a Bath Towel and used it to ensure the Yogurt stayed cool. 2.89 miles + whatever distance I did walking around the Grocery Store. It would be nice if they had fruits and dairy adjacent instead of at opposite ends of the store, I know why they do that to encourage Impulse Buys.

A beautiful Morning out, in the 60s with low humidity and still only 69 degrees when I finally got home 2.5 hours later. I weighed the Backpack @ 9.5 pounds and It sure impacted my speed walking. I could not believe I used to carry a lot more than that in excess weight :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Hi Shirl
    Good Luck with Walgreens.
    Good that the J is gone.

One tip: Never use a Debit card online or in a store. You have much less protection that way.

Have a Great Day
    Roger