China & Keto?

Options

Replies

• LDUSHAJ
    LDUSHAJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You seem to have forgotten to post the picture of you on stage.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Dan posted in his private feed that he's having some internet issues, and that he's going to a Disney park today. If he's still unable to get to the forum later, I'll ask if he wants me to cross post for him...
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    LDUSHAJ wrote: »
    You seem to have forgotten to post the picture of you on stage.

??!!

LOL! I am logged into my Michigan computer through a cool app called, TeamViewer. Its a little slow, but I can post this way. Laura (is a personal friend I go to church with) is talking about a funny China story that hasn't been released yet.

I'll tell it now. The Disney guy and my co-worker went near the hotel to find a place to eat. We found a Korean restaurant. When we walked over there, there was 4 or so pretty young Korean girls all dressed up in geisha's (Spelling?) We talked to them and they said they had dinner and a show. A show? WHat kind? They said it was a stage and they sang. So we said, hmmmm this sounds interesting. SO went in and got seated.

They started bringing out a lot of different foods. In courses. Here are some of the pics:
    m6zbcndhlxtu.png
    The bacon strips were the best. You wrapped them in lettuce and put this sauce they had on it, very fatty and yummy.
    i953vh6fk348.png
    bnm7spuw9j1w.png
    n70k9j0mdoo0.png
    3vw5hb7zdz1c.png
    2jjlnaonvwz9.png

The green checkerboard thing blocks were Tofu, they tasted ok. Kinda like scrambled eggs. All in all, it was pretty low carb meal.

SO after we ate all the food, they dimmed the lights and started singing and dancing with multicolered lights. It was very good. Here are pics of that:

g2bh2b92vk93.png
    mbb8v7mz40e3.png
    24j3bcwzy2dt.png

Then, a couple of really pretty girls start singing and dancing. One of them kept eyeing me and I didn't know why. But I soon found out. She came down off the stage and walked pass the Disney guy and grabbed my hand and took me on the stage. The other girl singing did the same with another person on the other side of the stage.

We danced and twirled, she twirled me and I twirled her, it was surreal. Then I looked back towards my table and my guys were taking pics. I was laughing and having a good time to say the least. The song went on for it what it seemed like an eternity, but alas, it probably was only a minute or two. I thought I was dreaming.... somebody pinch me. LOL!

So, I normally don't post pics of my body, (I'm still tremendously fat) and its a mental thing, from dozens of years of never taking body shots of me because I am embarrassed that I am so fat) I will break the rule:

cy8wvunxxcfn.png

So to summarize, Had a good Keto meal, a little carbs, so to burn them off, I chose the DittoDan's E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program.

I hope you enjoyed this little episode.....

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    103 pounds down, 21 to go.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Dan, you look so happy in that picture! dance dance dance. That looks like it was a Korean show, so they were maybe wearing hanbok dresses, or some Chinese type? -- not geisha costumes -- pretty big difference for the people over here ;) The food looks scrumptious!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Dan. Trust me. That is NOT a tremendously fat body photo. B)

You look like you are having a great time! That's what life is about. Experiences. Your trip to China is full of them. I've been enjoying the updates. Keep having fun.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Dan. Trust me. That is NOT a tremendously fat body photo. B) .

Completely! You need to recalibrate your mental self-image as you are not somebody who is particularly fat. Move yourself into a new category!

• CatlingG
    CatlingG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you ask what the cost of such a lavish event was before sitting yourselves down?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Dan, it looks like you are having a great time ! And I agree with all the others, you are NOT tremendously fat. In fact, maybe those baggy clothes need to be replaced for a smaller size !
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Dan. Trust me. That is NOT a tremendously fat body photo. B)

You look like you are having a great time! That's what life is about. Experiences. Your trip to China is full of them. I've been enjoying the updates. Keep having fun.

Agreed!
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This post made me so happy! I love when people have an amazing time!

Also, I know it won't really change what you think but you don't look that big. And in all of your pictures your getting happier and happier!
    You are an inspiration!
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    DAN! Looks like you're having a GREAT time - enjoy it! And - you look great too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the China updates with photos and you are looking so much slimmer.

The body image thing is a struggle I never expected. I am down 50 from 250. I have lost my fat face and butt and a lot in between yet my gut is still larger than the rest so I see what is still fat more than what other people are commenting about. I know staying <50 grams of carbs daily I am still losing layers of fat when the scales are not moving. Still do not understand how that works but thankfully it does.

• mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow Dan you're rocking it! :mrgreen: I understand though about the mental hang up. However, you are looking good, healthy and vivacious. And I definitely agree with totaloblivia and Sajyana time to re-calibrate your mind! Glad your having an awesome time. Makes me want to visit China now. :smile:
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your entire journey is epic.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    CatlingG wrote: »
    Did you ask what the cost of such a lavish event was before sitting yourselves down?

He's on Disney's dime.

kq4QJ0J.gif
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look great. And your having the time of your life. Keep the pictures coming.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    In fact, maybe those baggy clothes need to be replaced for a smaller size !

I thought this also. Time to go shopping Dan.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Little green one is a gooseberry, the white one with black seeds is Dragonfruit, and the pink & green one is passionfruit; the last two are both easy to find here at Safeway & Save On Foods. The 'non-asparagus' actually do look like real asparagus but improperly grown white ones that have been peeled and had the tips lopped off. The black fungus looks like huitlacoche, maybe that's what it was? Mongolian Hotpot is quite popular here and tasty and low carb too. You should really give it a try. Love your pictures.
    BTW, you could join Renren.com - China's version of facebook, or Sina Weibo - their version of Twitter.
    http://www.synthesio.com/blog/10-chinese-social-media-sites-you-should-be-following/

• randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Looks like a fabulous dinner and show. And you look amazing Dan. Show yourself off. Thank you for sharing your trip.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the updates of the great adventure you are having! I will join the others in saying that you need a self image reset. This would include well fitting clothes (have a tailor fit you). Weight loss efforts show better and personally I feel better with well fitting clothes. Then, get the before pictures of yourself out of sight and replace (or create some) with some pictures of you looking so trim in your new clothes. This will help you see it better for yourself, the way we see you!