Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    w11d2 down. I don't know my distance because my health app screwed up and lost 10min of my running. but I think I was close to 6.5mi as I had 5.45mi actually tracked. or I had a slow day. I have no idea. Last run, it only tracked half of it. It might be time for me to download runkeeper.

I have found the "I can't do this" is taking longer to start. so that's good.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    aaand, i'm BACK! =)

Hi, everyone! it's been a little while since I last posted and things have been pretty good! Still plugging away at the running but I haven't been following the b210k program. I've found that as long as I run s-l-o-w-l-y, I can go for a pretty long while without needing the breaks.

I'm still signed up for a half marathon in Nov which I'm still quite apprehensive about. But each time I get through a "long run", I feel less nervous. I did 7.4 miles this past Sat! It took 95 min (13 min pace) but I felt great. No doubt the wonderful weather helped.

congrats to all the b210k graduates! keep posting! I was 52 posts behind on this thread but managed to get through every single one just now.

now the question is, once you graduate b210k, which group do people join next?
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I think some of them join the long runners, but you can stay here and revisit c25k and offer support
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Have fun here, I look in on the LDR group, but it's more "serious" and there is not a daily update thread that is active. Have fun
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    @taeliesyn you have opened up my vocab, I could "mongrel" around the HM and it would be better than breaking myself on the FM. That is an option open to me but not one I had considered. Cheers for the nudge
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Crunch point, six weeks until my next race and I have last years time to beat.

So on Saturday I took my trail shoes out to abuse them, fairly short 5K out in the woods. I took the dog, a Staffordshire Terrier, so limited him in terms of distance, although I maintained a comfortable 5:50/km. It was reasonable underfoot, so a pretty enjoyable session. Today was a 10Km tempo session out to Battersea Park and back. Felt ok, although the 5:28/km was probably as fast as was wise in the circumstances.

• LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on sticking around here, and hope everyone else does as well :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Rest day. Did some bodyweight stuff and flexibility after the walk with the dog.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finally worked up the courage to start the endo 10k improver plan. I think my hesitation stems from the fact that I'm a little leery of interval work. Despite my anxiety, I quite enjoyed last night's run. I have a real speed issue, in that despite how hard it ends up being on me I can't seem to slow down. The workout was supposed to be 11 intervals of 5:19 min/km with recovery intervals of 7:38 min/km. My "recovery pace" ended up averaging close to my normal pace (6:20 min/km) and a few of the fast runs were under 5 min/km. The timing of the fast bits had the unfortunate coincidence of matching up with a few of the stretches where there is a rise in elevation. Hellooooooo heart rate! Then of course, my monitor ran out of juice shortly after the toughest parts, leaving me without a good idea of how my poor ticker recovered for the remainder.

Ran 8.42 km in 53:39

Next workout (tonight, I guess) is another interval run, but not as long and the speedy bits all happen in the first half giving me the second half of the run to plug away happily at my own speed.

@fit4life_73 and @JSC145, I am tickled to see you both posting again!

Great work everyone else! It's getting busy with back-to-school just around the corner and four kids, so I don't have as much time to post or respond - but I am reading your updates!
  • MeanderingMammal
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So todays run isn't going to happen. I started a new job a few weeks ago and it's pretty hectic, lots of short notice travel. I had an unexpected trip out this afternoon, and rather than bother with a taxi back to the station from the visit I walked three miles, then another two at this end. In leather soled boots that's left me with a bit of heel pain.

ETA: It's a monstrous blister.
  • ftrobbie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I ran, I ran, I actually ran. Two weeks of sulking and biking but no running, but tonight I actually got out. The knee held up, slightly stiff but no pain. It might have healed. No target pace but fell at the slow end of Z2 and in the middle of Z1 (Matt Fitzgerald zones)

Hope you are all doing well. I am so H A P P Y :D
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    I ran, I ran, I actually ran. Two weeks of sulking and biking but no running, but tonight I actually got out. The knee held up, slightly stiff but no pain. It might have healed. No target pace but fell at the slow end of Z2 and in the middle of Z1 (Matt Fitzgerald zones)

Hope you are all doing well. I am so H A P P Y :D

WHOOO!!!!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Great work everone!
    @JSC145 for social chatter stay here, for encouraging others, here and C25K group. For serious discussion, the LDR group
    @maggiekat7 Try and stick to your prescribed paces, the Endo plan will adjust itself if it needs too. If you run the wrong paces in intervals, you won't get as much out of them as you could. :)

Bugger about the blister @MeanderingMammal

More puppy running for me last night, 2.8k with a strava average pace of 7min/km pup is doing well. Now to decide how much more running I do this week, with the HM on Sunday. I've got 30k in the bank so far, will have another 10 minimum before the HM.... hrm 60k week sounds reasonable.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    overslept. no run today :(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    overslept. no run today :(

Didn't oversleep, but still didn't run. :( I signed up as a volunteer coach for Girls on the Run and our training session is tonight.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome news, @ftrobbie!!!!

I've been hard at work on week one of my HM trainer (Hal Higdon's Novice 2). I've had three 3 mile runs this week so far and they've been going great! Coming off of my 6 mile/day runs from the 10K trainer, I've been pleasantly surprised to see my 5K times getting progressively faster. Today I came in at 30:32!!! That's pretty fast for me! Anyway, this little boost to my self-esteem should help cushion the blow when I see my finish time for this Saturday's 10K Urban Trail Run. I'll be happy if I can finish that one in under 90 minutes!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've been seriously lacking motivation lately, but I made myself run last night. 2 miles in 19:38.
  • mbaker566
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i finished w11d3 just shy of seven miles. it was rough, but I got it. I'm hoping to slow down on my next run for a smoother run

if I don't make it on here tomorrow, I want to do about 3 miles. Going to the renfaire tomorrow and need "room" for cider and turkey legs
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    So I think that the walk in my work shoes probably didn't do my shins any good, as they were a bit sore today. After I got home from work I knocked out a quick 8.5K, nice easy pace of 5.5min/km.

Felt ok
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Just did 3 miles last night (I can't believe I am able to say "Just 3 miles") so tried to pick up my speed. I don't know what my pace was but I know it was faster than usual and it felt pretty good. Rest day today then tomorrow for my first 60 minute run with no walk. Hoping that will be 5 miles.