Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci way to go, a runner you will become yet. With your aerobice base from cycling, I think this will be relatively easy for you, hills and pacing will be your biggest threat, great job on the run.
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

@DianaLovesCoffee Bad runs are still better than no runs.
    With you on that one, still not out running, I am now defering to Saturday

• ftrobbie
    Options
    @moyer566 Great to see you running on the 10k programme

@taeliesyn Welcome to the loony bin, 12 hours on a 1/4mile track, at least support and motivation will be close at hand, what are you going to do to break the tedium of going around in circles? How many people are they going to try and fit on this oval? This sound like a lap could be longer than 1/4 mile quite regularly. Have fun!

Still not running but picked up a cyclocross bike last night which had an issue or 2, but all fixed now. :D I am currently nursing left knee (running injury), Right knee (door frame) and dislocated finger and two sprains on left hand (stupidity). I joked the other day that I could drown drinking a glass of water, I am no longer sure that I should joke about it.

Great running everyone and enjoy yourselves
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    @ftrobbie Sending healing wishes your way mate, hope you're back at full power soon.
    We change direction every 3 hours, so that will help (Marginally) we will begin with 52 people. Up to 17 of which are on the inside 2 lanes (24hr competitors, unless they are walking) the rest of us are in lanes 3-5. I'll definitely have the iphone going for music etc and I'll be doing some laps at a walk, probably jog backwards some laps etc.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcomes @samra338 @Just_Ceci @ftrobbie
    my schedule is a little off so I ran again doing w9d2 and I just felt rough but that's because I was going faster than normal.

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Robbie- sending more healing wishes your way! Have fun with the bike!

I ran 4 miles this morning in 37:40. Very flat route around my neighborhood and perfect weather (62F) made for a great run!
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    A short puppy run this morning to keep the streak going.

And for anyone who wants to follow me trying to run around a 1/4mile track for 12 hours tomorrow(Aus time) , the live tracking link is.
    http://my3.raceresult.com/38929/results?lang=en#0_4C728B
    It starts at 11am West Aus time, and I'll hopefully be running until 11pm. I'll update later once I have my race number (for those that don't know my name)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Thanks for the link @taeliesyn ! You'll be starting your run about the time I go to bed tonight. Have fun!?

I rode yesterday after work a short solo ride and a longer ride with the girls for a total of almost 33 miles. Couldn't make myself go run this morning, even though the weather was perfect. I will probably regret that decision as the temps promise to creep back up in the next few days, so outdoor running will probably not happen much!
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @taeliesyn - I'll be cheering for you from Texas! I can't imagine running for 12 hours....

I finished week 13 (run 30 min, walk 1 min x 2) of my 10K trainer this a.m., which means only one week left. I ran without difficulty, although some frustration with my 12 min/mile pace. I just keep reminding myself of @ftrobbie encouraging us to not worry about pace right now...still, hard to do when comparing yourself with friends on RunKeeper and the like.

I have another 5K tomorrow evening...it's an "urban trail run" which means we are running on a golf course ;) My first 10K is 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    @taeliesyn I'll be logging in to see how you are going when i get up, you'll be about 3-4 hours in. Good luck

Thanks everyone for the best wishes, the hand is beginning to get some motion in it and at least I am off pain meds.

@LLduds you need to do what you are comfortable with but although I love Strava, it can also lead to some bad habits. A lot of running needs to be done at a pace it doesn't wreck you, You can go hard but you also need to rest for long periods, as a philosophy you never stress the body frequently enough to make any real progress. I suspect if anyone told you you'd run for 60 minutes with a 1 minute walk break in the middle 3 months ago, you would have laughed at them. You are doing great.

Weekend plan has been disrupted slightly, so doing a final prep ride tomorrow for the commuter rides next week. A trial run on 2 different routes, one out and the other back. Going to use the junior parkrun to run with the boys on Sunday to give the knees a run out. (See what I did there :) )

Have fun
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm number 18
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    @taeliesyn looks like we are going to have a podium finisher, well done and a great start!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Cruddy run, I just couldn't find a comfortable pace. Only did five miles. The other days went better. W9d3. Since I had a hard time this week, I'll think I'll repeat it, maybe
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Cruddy run, I just couldn't find a comfortable pace. Only did five miles. The other days went better. W9d3. Since I had a hard time this week, I'll think I'll repeat it, maybe

Personally I would go onto w10, just try to work out what was wrong. Pace, temperature, humidity, fuel etc and then see what you can do to offset. Rubbish runs happen, the key is to move on, good luck with whatever you choose to do

• taeliesyn
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    @taeliesyn looks like we are going to have a podium finisher, well done and a great start!!

I won. I freaking won it! 85.3km in 12 hours. Was great till the last 2, then it was a sufferfest
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Busy day planned, so only have time to pop in and quickly say . . .

. . . this morning I ran my first 10k in 1:04:14 with an average pace of 6:25/km

Proud of myself. Now, I'm off to have some fun with family and will be back over the weekend to see how everyone else is!
  • ftrobbie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »

I won. I freaking won it! 85.3km in 12 hours. Was great till the last 2, then it was a sufferfest

Fantastico, you are now officially a nutter. Well done, been keeping an eye on you during the day. Hope the post race suffering is short

• Just_Ceci
    Options

That is so incredibly awesome! You rock!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @maggiekat7 That is a great time! You should be very proud!

@moyer566 I'm with Robbie. I'd move on. Every body has a bad run from time to time.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

Awesome!