02/03/16 Weigh In click link to go to spreadsheet - 26th Official Weigh In

Options

Replies

• rbrady79
    rbrady79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last weigh in was 213.4, this weigh in 209.8.
  • rbrady79
    rbrady79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    EttaWB wrote: »
    @rbrady79, after putting my numbers in their system, the trainer at work suggested I eat 1500-1600 calories. I made the change a few days ago and I've gained weight. It's a bit scary because I wanted to continue losing until I left for my vacation next week. Definitely did not want to gain a lb. At 1200 at least I had a loss every week. But I will continue through this week. Next week I'll do my best but I will have a number of treat meals/snacks. The goal will be to maintain. When I get back, I'll drop to 1500 again and give it a month before I make another change. Thanks,

I believe that my fitness pal will even warn you that eating less than 1200calories a day will put your body into starvation mode....a friend of mine once told me this and it has kinda stuck with me although it may sound a little funny. compare your metabolism to that of a car's engine. If you are taking a trip or driving somewhere and your gas tank is on empty, what do you do? You wont get very far without any gas right? Your engine will sputter and eventually stall. Your metabolism is similar. It needs calories to keep burning more calories/fat/etc. I myself try to stay at 2100 or less per mfp and exercise to create a loss. I am no expert by any means, simply sharing info and thoughts.
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    sorry peeps. I've gained this week. don't know why. doing everything the same. Gonna blame it on the moon. and well, weight loss isn't linear. I know all that, but it's depressing all the same. waaaaaa. :'(
    SW 156
    W1 153.4
    W2 150.6
    W3 151.6
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    [quote="angelaraedesigns;33772470s orry peeps. I've gained this week. don't know why. doing everything the same. Gonna blame it on the moon. and well, weight loss isn't linear. I know all that, but it's depressing all the same. waaaaaa. :'(
    SW 156
    W1 153.4
    W2 150.6
    W3 151.6[/quote]

A pound here or there is nothing big I guess so do nt feel bad...all days are nt same...will suggest altering your workouts snd meals though..body adapts to same recurring workouts and that results in less actual burn /loss

• angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks @amalik3511. I will change it up. I have been doing the EXACT same thing day in and day out. What's the definition of Insanity.......lol. c8d8iom112hb.jpg
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work everyone. Some of you are losing record weight; i.e., 13+ lbs in 3 weeks. Are you on a specific plan? I'm hovering and it's driving me crazy but the journey continues.
  • samit0921
    samit0921 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SW 261
    W1
    W2
    W3 238

Looking forward to this challenge! :)
  • change_4life
    change_4life Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I was able to weigh but not edit the sheet, can someone puty weigh in for this week as 225.2 and last week at 225.8 please!!! Thanks
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same weight this week :neutral: but on the bright side I am getting a tiny bit faster each time I do my 2 mile runs- by almost a minute each time. So if I'm not seeing improvement on the weight at this time at least I'm gaining endurance and speed with running consistently for the first time in my life. :)
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same weight this week :neutral: but on the bright side I am getting a tiny bit faster each time I do my 2 mile runs- by almost a minute each time. So if I'm not seeing improvement on the weight at this time at least I'm gaining endurance and speed with running consistently for the first time in my life. :)

Yay!!!!!! That's a great sign
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thanks @Kiismyaces for adding the "Total Weight Lost for the Group". so cool!

You're welcome!
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    On vacation and my mother in law doesn't have a scale. This is driving me crazy especially since I'm eating more than I have in over 2 months. Hopefully I'll find one soon. If not, I'll post next week.
  • elsie1928
    elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week too. Hopefully it's saving up a big loss for me next week
  • Chrisv44
    Chrisv44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am the same since last weigh in. But I had a weigh in at the dr. Office. According to their analysis I have lost 1.1% of my fat mass and my bmi has gone down from 48 to 45. So I'm happy about that.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Chrisv44 wrote: »
    I am the same since last weigh in. But I had a weigh in at the dr. Office. According to their analysis I have lost 1.1% of my fat mass and my bmi has gone down from 48 to 45. So I'm happy about that.

That's definitely progress- way to go!! (I actually said to my husband the other day that I'm "excited" to go to the dr. in the spring for my annual so I can see the progress I've made and puff out my chest as I say "Why yes, I actually have been exercising now!" lol)
  • elsie1928
    elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This week I am 182 which is a slight gain. I don't quite understand it but onwards and upwards and trying for a loss for next week.
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Lost another 10 lbs, thanks to some serious weight lifting.....and guess what, my 6 year old blazer was fitting good to me again...felt so cool...thanks all the group mates for helping keep me focused.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    amalik3511 wrote: »
    Lost another 10 lbs, thanks to some serious weight lifting.....and guess what, my 6 year old blazer was fitting good to me again...felt so cool...thanks all the group mates for helping keep me focused.

Wow, great job!!! I am amazed at your progress and wish more of the same. Can you share what you are doing diet and exercise wise with the rest of us?
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Stayed the same this week- not sure why. Maybe because I went back to work and am trying to regulate a new schedule with eating & exercise. Hoping for more progress next week.
  • amalik3511
    edited September 2015
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    amalik3511 wrote: »

Wow, great job!!! I am amazed at your progress and wish more of the same. Can you share what you are doing diet and exercise wise with the rest of us?

Sure....Ione thing I will call out is I am the one who has to lose the most...I started at around 393 lbs....so, am not doing some special diet but do aim to limit myself under 1600 cal per day in around 6 small meals....this includes most of proteins like sprouts, whole grain, fish, fruits, juices etc....drink 10-12 glass of water everyday, green tea right after workouts....and burn out around 700 cal per day in workouts. Two different things are that I plan for my eating a day in advance that helps me know how much work out is must do for me and what will be over the need....as well, I work out at noon around 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (do interval training with weight lifting), this allows me to keep at space in meals...plus everyone at office is lunching around so no meetings and all the office gym to myself....

All the best