Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So many posts. Everyone is doing great! :smiley:

W7-2 down for me. It was harder this time for some reason :unamused: I knew I could complete it, but it was more of a struggle that the last one.

I have to bump my next regular run by a day, so we'll see how that goes.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've just done w1 day2 today. THis is my second time doing c25k. I did it about 2 years ago but stopped running over winter. I'm a bit precious about the cooooold :)
    Anyway back on track and looking forward to more running.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @snha I think hatha yoga is great to start as you develop an awareness of the poses but restorative yoga is nice too as you hold the poses longer and can stretch you and your muscles more. Same for yin yoga
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    @faithan84 I am feeling these runs in my muscles. I've never practiced yoga though, is any particular art of yoga better for running than others?

I'm still pretty new to yoga, but https://www.doyogawithme.com has some videos labeled "yoga for runners" which emphasize stretches in all the leg muscles. I don't know about different arts of yoga. :blush:
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W7D2 complete started with a pace too fast but got it under control then sprinted when i heard that 1 min left but felt great to push myself.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    W7D2 complete started with a pace too fast but got it under control then sprinted when i heard that 1 min left but felt great to push myself.

great job. it is very satisfying
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 today! I felt those 3 minute runs were pretty tough... I really had to push myself on both of them! In the end I'm glad I could do it though.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Ran 6k today in 44 mins.. Going to do 10k program I think now
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Success today with this attempt of w5d3! Took me two attempts, as I failed earlier this week, but my brain was in a different place today and much more patient. I need to work on letting my mind wander instead of thinking about the time.

It is always a treat to read about the determination and grit of us C25K folks!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done yesterday! :smile: I was a bit slower than usual, but still exceeded my distance goal. This made me happy because I was pushing a stroller with a 30 lb toddler up and down hills! I'm feeling good this week. My ankle seems to have mostly recovered, and in general I've got my motivation back. I'm almost halfway through the program!!!
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    W8D3 done yesterday! :smile: I was a bit slower than usual, but still exceeded my distance goal. This made me happy because I was pushing a stroller with a 30 lb toddler up and down hills! I'm feeling good this week. My ankle seems to have mostly recovered, and in general I've got my motivation back. I'm almost halfway through the program!!!

Good for you! Adding 30 lbs -- and still exceeding your distance goal -- is awesome!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @Slainte831 it is so much about the head game. conquering our mind telling us "um no" can be difficult. good job
    @faithan84 good work. glad the ankle is feeling better
    @dixiewhiskey the 10k isn't too bad. I'm liking it. I'm on week 11. I should have been done today but I overslept
    @aleph_0 you got this. like I said to slainte sometimes you just have to tell the brain to shush
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 done. Feeling good.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Yay! Congratulations! I feel ya. I just finished W2D1 and I feel great. Though I will say that I'm a bit shifty-eyed that I am actual running which is something I never thought possible! Such a great feeling.
    @endlessenigma Hey, me too! I started running on my own last week, decided to check where I was today on the C25K app, and it turned out I was comfortable with W2D1. :) It really does baffle me that I'm actually effing RUNNING.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    @Slainte831 it is so much about the head game. conquering our mind telling us "um no" can be difficult. good job
    @dixiewhiskey the 10k isn't too bad. I'm liking it. I'm on week 11. I should have been done today but I overslept
    @aleph_0 you got this. like I said to slainte sometimes you just have to tell the brain to shush

Sweet!! How many weeks is the program? I haven't looked into it yet :)

• mbaker566
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »

Sweet!! How many weeks is the program? I haven't looked into it yet :)

just week 11. but I feel very comfortable with it. I'm not too scared about what's next. mostly because I did the c25k already
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Never in my life did I think I could run for 28 minutes straight, but I did! W8D2 down. It's amazing! I may run slow but I run.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done--really, today would not have happened if not for the encouragement I get from all of your postings. I was so tired, but kept saying "i have to do it" and voila! (I actually did 3.76 miles, more than needed for the app.)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    W7D1 done--really, today would not have happened if not for the encouragement I get from all of your postings. I was so tired, but kept saying "i have to do it" and voila! (I actually did 3.76 miles, more than needed for the app.)

@snha that's great. feels good, huh?
    @JreedyJanelle it feels good to accomplish something that seemed so far out of reach before.

• frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Week 7 complete. I cant believe im going to be starting the last week. And very confident that with a nice slow pace i can complete this program.