Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    M_Foote wrote: »
    ADDER: I would sure appreciate seeing some more individual progress threads from you all! It might help me feel like less of an attention ***** to see some of you with a regularly updated thread. Plus, it would give others a better idea of how this works.

I agree. We should all start progress threads for ease of access.
  • arguablysamson
    kabrigail wrote: »
    My Name is Karie
    My start weight was 250
    I'm 5'10"
    My goal weight range is 150-170
    I eat between 5pm and 6pm
    and I started 7/18/15

...any past struggles you've faced or are facing - Struggles I have faced.....well, my daughter was 18 years old and in high school and met a guy. She decided she wanted to move in with him and then they got married shortly after. It didn't take long before she disowned me and my family and I gained 70 pounds throughout the 2 years that we weren't speaking. She has finally come back around and is getting a divorce. But now I'm stuck with all this weight I gained. I am now trying to lose it. It was about a week before I started this diet and I was in the bathroom at work praying that I could lose weight in a way that was feasible for me. Something I could stick to. And then about a week later I found this OMAD diet and Yay!!!! I'm finally losing weight! Love it!!!!!

Hi, Karie.

That is wonderful...well, the part about losing weight. Just learn right here and now that you've got to own up and never let another - even a loved one - own you. No one but yourself can hand over your happiness to another to destroy or maim. You are in charge, girl! :wink:

So glad you could join us!
  • arguablysamson
    edited August 2015
    dinneronly wrote: »
    jo
    146lbs
    5'7"
    Goal is 135lbs
    Been doing OMAD for 4 days
    My meal is after 6pm

I weighed 164 about 4 years ago. I lost 35lbs with weight watchers and running. I don't run anymore, and I am sooooo sick of counting points and being obsessive about food. I can't get these ten pounds off. I was hungry the first day, but the last couple of days have been easy. I am probably over eating at night, but I think I will be able to reign myself in, once I get the hang of this. Right now it is helping me just get through the rest of the summer with guests and dinner parties almost every night. I am not counting calories right now, but I have read some confusing things....what are other women my age consuming? Help! Thanks!

Hi,

Those "last ten pounds" are a constant gripe with most weight losers. We have a number of ladies, but not all come around regularly. Your age shouldn't matter. There is only about a 7% to 12% difference in loss rates as we age. A body can always be conditioned to perform or over-perform what it was "meant" to do. I would advise going for a weight 10 lbs under where you want so that you can have "hovering" room to gain and lose. Since you are right on the doorstep of maintenance, it's time to also be considering a standard, no-fuss exercise routine--mainly just running, walking, and some bodyweight exercises.

For good measure, I would advise assessing your body-type to make sure you are straight on what to expect. I have faced this issue with loose skin and came to realize that, despite losses, some...displacement...comes with major losses that may not be correctable without surgery. I don't fret about it. Like Jacob - who supposedly wrestled with the Angel in Genesis and whose leg was touched by God, causing him to walk with a limp for the rest of his days - some things are for good. But I did have to come to terms with it. Your situation wouldn't be that drastic, but you'd be surprised how many people are not at peace with the fact that their body simply won't look how they want it to look post-weight-loss. It can play games with a person's head.
  • arguablysamson
    Regarding plate sizes, the 8 1/4 inch plate is dang near impossible to get more than 1,380 calories on. I suppose the 10-incher could allow for pure sugar, oils, or cheese to be stacked high enough to get 1,800 calories, but not in a sensible meal combination someone would want to eat and expect to feel good afterwards.

• dinneronly
    dinneronly Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all for the advice! The plate is a great idea. As I mentioned before, I am just trying to get through the summer. I know I am eating and drinking too many calories to see any results, BUT, I am at least not eating and drinking them on top of breakfast and lunch! I will promise to post and keep people informed of successes and struggles!
  • AminaShogran
    AminaShogran Posts: 3 Member
    ...name: AminaShogran
    ...weight: 298.3
    ... height: 5'6
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...weight goal : 175 lbs
    ...OMAD meal : 5pm
    ...OMAD start date: today August 17,2015

Hi, I have struggles with weight all my life. I am at a point in my life at age 38 that I need to be healthier. I have many Health problems and with 2 kids that are 5 years and 1 1/2 years old . I need to be around for them and want to be active with them.. I am new to all this fitness pal app and diet forums . I have tried many thing in the past and only drop 40lbs at the most but always again back.. I am hoping to try this OMAD and see if it helps me. I already pretty much eat one time a day but looks like I have not been doing it right.. I love myself as I am but need to get health and hopefully get many health issues to go away.. Of course I like to see how I feel and look 100 + lighter. New start to a new life
  • arguablysamson
    ...name: AminaShogran
    ...weight: 298.3
    ... height: 5'6
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...weight goal : 175 lbs
    ...OMAD meal : 5pm
    ...OMAD start date: today August 17,2015

Hi, I have struggles with weight all my life. I am at a point in my life at age 38 that I need to be healthier. I have many Health problems and with 2 kids that are 5 years and 1 1/2 years old . I need to be around for them and want to be active with them.. I am new to all this fitness pal app and diet forums . I have tried many thing in the past and only drop 40lbs at the most but always again back.. I am hoping to try this OMAD and see if it helps me. I already pretty much eat one time a day but looks like I have not been doing it right.. I love myself as I am but need to get health and hopefully get many health issues to go away.. Of course I like to see how I feel and look 100 + lighter. New start to a new life

Welcome.

Stick with the plan, never make excuses, and get settled in for long-term changes and great things will happen.
  • southam5
    southam5 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Kirsten...your name or preferred username
    225 lbs...your weight
    5'10"...your height
    Not eating 5 times a day like past diets require...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-175 Lbs...your goal weight range
    5-7 pm ...the time of your OMAD
    August 27. 2015...and your OMAD start date.

Been reading about this like crazy lately. Busy mom and teacher for 21 years. My husband and I just became empty nesters. Ready for something new that is easy to follow and get this weight off for good! Love walking/running and started using my fitness pal a few weeks ago so I am more than ready. Yahoo! Thanks for detailing everything.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Welcome! Start a thread!
  • arguablysamson
    southam5 wrote: »
    Kirsten...your name or preferred username
    225 lbs...your weight
    5'10"...your height
    Not eating 5 times a day like past diets require...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-175 Lbs...your goal weight range
    5-7 pm ...the time of your OMAD
    August 27. 2015...and your OMAD start date.

Been reading about this like crazy lately. Busy mom and teacher for 21 years. My husband and I just became empty nesters. Ready for something new that is easy to follow and get this weight off for good! Love walking/running and started using my fitness pal a few weeks ago so I am more than ready. Yahoo! Thanks for detailing everything.

Welcome!

It's totally doable...and sustainably enjoyable!
  • 2fab2bdrab
    2fab2bdrab Posts: 7 Member
    Onyx...your name or preferred username
    341...your weight
    5'5...your height
    Pregnancy weight gain, emotional eating ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    140-155...your goal weight range
    6pm-7pm...the time of your OMAD
    08-28-2015...and your OMAD start date.

• arguablysamson
    Welcome, Onyx.
  • 2fab2bdrab
    2fab2bdrab Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome, Onyx.

Thank you!
  • Visha_01
    Visha_01 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, I'm new here. I hope you can add me guys as a friend. I would really appreciate it.
    IM FAYE, 22 years old
    SW: 215.6lbs
    GW:130-145 lbs
    CW:211.4 lbs

I started Sept 1, 2015 of OMAD.. and I feel great, already lost 4 lbs. in three days!!!! So excited to lose more!
  • kch2000
    kch2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Kch2000
    190lbs
    45 years old
    5'7"
    Female
    Goal: lose 100 pounds in 2015- starting weight 250
    Goal weight:140-150

Let me start by saying I'm so glad I found this thread and thank you thank you for posting. In December of 2014 I read the book The Shift by Tory Johnson and something absolutely clicked in me. I made up my mind to finally do this and get the weight off. Starting Jan 2,2015 I followed The Shift and put my scale away. Long story about that but not weighing helps me. I become obsessed with the scale when I weigh so I go by my clothes. I have no idea how much I lost but I lost according to my clothes and friends. Moreover, I felt better
  • arguablysamson
    Visha_01 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new here. I hope you can add me guys as a friend. I would really appreciate it.
    IM FAYE, 22 years old
    SW: 215.6lbs
    GW:130-145 lbs
    CW:211.4 lbs

I started Sept 1, 2015 of OMAD.. and I feel great, already lost 4 lbs. in three days!!!! So excited to lose more!

Wonderful! Keep us abreast of your progress/struggles/observations by starting your own thread.

Interest in OMAD is growing!
  • arguablysamson
    kch2000 wrote: »
    Kch2000
    190lbs
    45 years old
    5'7"
    Female
    Goal: lose 100 pounds in 2015- starting weight 250
    Goal weight:140-150

Let me start by saying I'm so glad I found this thread and thank you thank you for posting. In December of 2014 I read the book The Shift by Tory Johnson and something absolutely clicked in me. I made up my mind to finally do this and get the weight off. Starting Jan 2,2015 I followed The Shift and put my scale away. Long story about that but not weighing helps me. I become obsessed with the scale when I weigh so I go by my clothes. I have no idea how much I lost but I lost according to my clothes and friends. Moreover, I felt better

Welcome!

As I just mentioned with the last poster, start your own thread and share your experiences on the journey.

Good times ahead...

-Joe
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Hi guys!
    My name is Leah, I'm around 185 right now, and I'm 5'7". I've struggled with my weight all my life, but found myself gaining much more this past year when I was living in Europe. I'm not sure what I was at my heaviest. I was probably 205-210 pounds. I started mfp this past June when I came home, weighed myself, and saw that I was just shy of 200! That was a shock for me. The first couple of weeks I lost a lot of weight, but then my motivation started disappearing. I had several mini binges over the past month or so. Things weren't looking pretty. Then a few days ago, I decided to the up the ante. I found a thread on eating once a day, and tried it out for the first time yesterday. It was hard at the end of the day, but I felt good. I didn't feel the urge to overeat. Then today was easy. I even did strength training and went for a run in the morning without it making me hungry! I'm actually struggling to eat enough calories.
    I'm figuring that I'll try this out for a while. I'm really liking how I've felt over the past day or so.
    Goal weight range: 130-145 pounds
    OMAD meal time: evening. I've been flexible with this so far.
    OMAD start date: September 9, 2015

Can't wait to see where this goes! Feel free to add me.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Leah.

Remember to go easy on any physical activity and don't forget to expect drop-off points in progress. Consistency is always key.
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hey,
    I'm confused as to what you mean in going easy? Like, are you saying that I should not exercise? Because I've been running, playing tennis, and dancing for years. Are you saying that I should not be doing them? Lifting weights is admittedly new, but I'm not a heavy lifter by any stretch of the imagination. And when I run, I usually go for 2-4 miles. I'm not running marathons.