Leslie Sansone September 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The September Walk Challenge starts tomorrow, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors, which for some of us may still feel like summer B) . For those who will be soon enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs especially for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, and have the opportunity to do so, as we close in on Autumn.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into September 2015!

Let us walk with a smile :)

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    5/100 I am in for 100 miles. I started with 5 miles this morning.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm here again. Goal for September is 60 miles mostly treadmill walking.

Sept. 60 miles

9-1 3.015 miles 56 minutes

56.985 to go. :smiley:
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to write my goal, I will shoot for 40

I did 3/40. Dance to remix this am

• lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I missed you all last month, lots of time on the road. I'm going for 60 miles this month, that's more than I have ever set for a goal. I have to kick it up a notch to get this weight off.
    2/60 Burn 30 dvd
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I will be on vacation for 12 days this month so im going to lower my goal just a bit but strive for more. So 120 miles for me this month

9/1 - 4.4 miles
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I will be on vacation for 12 days this month so im going to lower my goal just a bit but strive for more. So 120 miles for me this month

9/1 - 4.4 miles

That's lowering your goal...wow, that's awesome

I usually do Fitbit challenges with of goal 10,000 steps a day, which is a little under 5 miles. So I think I will bump that up and aim for 200 miles. Hopefully setting the goal will keep me moving
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    When my kids were going to school I felt September 1st was like starting a new year. Now my kids are 27 & 29 - but I still feel like it is a new year and new beginnings.

August is behind me, I now have 8 months over 100 miles, some I have made 120 - it feels good to be moving and exercising. November 1st curling starts - so some strength training will start now. On top of the yard work I have to do in the next couple months I will also start lifting weights.

My goal for September will be 120 miles (15 over 10,000 steps)

Sept 1 - 2.8 miles (slow start but good for a work day)

"Everyday is a new beginning. So just smile ,take a deep breath and start again"
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    Sept. 60 miles

Sept 1 - 3.015 miles 56 minutes
    Sept 2 - 1.00 miles 19 minutes

4.015 miles & 75 minutes all on treadmill

55.985 to go. :smiley:
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 60 miles for September. School starting and sorting schedules will be tricky but I should be able to do more in October.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    11/100 I walked 4 miles and the came home and the 2 Mile Silver walk.
  • paintfancy
    paintfancy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you all are just counting your extra walking workouts, not miles from your activity monitors (or is it either one?) I shoot for at least 15,000 steps on my Vivofit per day.

I've been doing Leslie's little 5 minute walk at work when my activity monitor red lines from no activity. That motivated me to break out her 3 dvd's that I had. One hadn't even been opened! So, I think I'll join in now for the first time.

My goal will be 60 miles of planned walking workout activity.

9/1/15- 2 miles on the treadmill
    9/2/15- 3 mile Walk Your Belly Flat
    9/3/15- 2 mile Walk Strong, so far ;) 53 miles to go :)
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a challenge like this in a while...think I will start out with 50 miles for this month! :)
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This is my first challenge here. I too h ave a vivofit, but don't always make the 10,000 a day because I had ankle surgery in March and its still not perfect. I do Leslie Sansone when its raining or I have run out of time!

My goal is 100 miles. (I hope I didn't take too big of a challenge)

9/1-- 2.9 miles Just walking
    9/2-- 3.3 walked with Leslie
    9/3-- 4.5 miles Walk away the pounds
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    17.5/100 I walked 6.5 miles this morning.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in again this month, 150 miles is my goal.

8/1-8/3

8 miles with Leslie
    8 miles total with Leslie

9 miles outside
    9 miles outside total

17 miles total goal 150 miles
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    August was horrible for me! My children all left at the beginning of the month and even though I was in my beloved Adirondack Mountains, I lost all enthusiasm for walking or hiking :disappointed:. However, I am back in MI, and start teaching next week so I am excited again. :) I am with you Lilymay2 I get totally energized in September when school starts! To answer your question paintfancy, I use both my Vivofit miles, outdoor walking miles with Endomondo and Leslie miles. The days that I do a Leslie or Endomondo walk, I just subtract those miles from the total Vivofit miles that day.

I am going to have the same goal this month as last, 4 miles a day! That will be a total of 120 miles for September and I need to do it to get rid of some of these regained summer pounds! :grumble:

September Goal 4 miles/day

9/1 Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=2.7 total miles
    9/1 Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles=6.2 total miles
    9/1 Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=9.8 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • paintfancy
    paintfancy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering zichab :) I think I'm just going to track my extra workouts versus my Vivofit mileage since I really need to step up the workouts.

9/1/15- 2 miles on the treadmill
    9/2/15- 3 mile Walk Your Belly Flat
    9/3/15- 2 mile Walk Strong
    9/4/15- 2 miles with Leslie

9 miles down; 51 to go :)
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    This is my first challenge here. I too have a vivofit, but I don't always make the 10,000 a day for my personal challenge. I had ankle surgery in March and its still not perfect. I do Leslie Sansone when its raining or I have run out of time!

My goal is 100 miles. (I hope I didn't take too big of a challenge)

9/1-- 2.9 miles Just walking
    9/2-- 3.3 walked with Leslie
    9/3-- 4.5 miles Walk away the pounds
    9/4--3.3 miles walking outdoors

• Americanbabydoll
    Options
    Sept. 60 miles

Sept 1 - 3.015 miles 56 minutes
    Sept 2 - 1.00 miles 19 minutes
    Sept 3 - 2.536 miles 44 minutes
    Sept 4 - 2.515 miles 43 minutes