Replies

• terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started today! WK1D1 first time running at 53
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed first time doing it on a treadmill.. i like running outside better but it was nice to see my pace not just a close guess
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    w7d1 completed today. It's amazing what a difference the surface your running on makes to your workout. Over the last 2 weeks, I have run over hilly roads, through a wood on a fairly level track and along my canal which is a nice level hardcore surface. The latter is definitely the easier running surface, but its nice to shake it up occasionally :-)
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W9D1 & 2 done! The first couple intervals felt tough, and my fastest run interval is always in the middle, but they feel good! I've worked up to running 4 minutes at a time, and that amazes me. :smiley:
  • terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Checking in today is my no run day so is eliptical ok to do? Or just walking. I have been walking 2-4 miles give or take for about 5-6 weeks at a pretty good pace. Yesterday was my first day on the program. Just wondering if I can do other cardio.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Checking in today is my no run day so is eliptical ok to do? Or just walking. I have been walking 2-4 miles give or take for about 5-6 weeks at a pretty good pace. Yesterday was my first day on the program. Just wondering if I can do other cardio.

Yep you can do other cardio (elliptical, walking, cycling) but while you're adjusting to the program it's best if the other cardio is done gently. Not to say you can't work up a sweat, but you don't want to be busting your butt on your recovery days. Just try and make sure you get 1 full rest day a week at this point too.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W8-2 down! Felt a little bit better this time, which is always nice :)
  • TurquoiseViolet
    TurquoiseViolet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, W2D1 done! No incline, 1.9 mi
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. W8D1 done. Ran full 4.2 miles.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @dedicatedlurker , @TurquoiseViolet , @snha keep it up you guys.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 finished!! It was hard today, but the feeling you get afterward is well worth it!!!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @joy4strength Awesome job!! I start W3D1 on Friday, and am a bit nervous about the 3-minute run sessions...any tips?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    sfinsc wrote: »
    @joy4strength Awesome job!! I start W3D1 on Friday, and am a bit nervous about the 3-minute run sessions...any tips?

Slow down if you need to. Keep telling yourself you can do it.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    w2d2 done!
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself "I can do ANYTHING for 3 minutes" or 2 or 1. And, I know how disappointed I would be in myself if I didn't finish, especially if I am able and am just being lazy. Just remember it is a process, just follow the plan. I have actually done this before. At one time I could run an hour without stopping. I could kick myself for quitting. And as Just_Ceci said, slow down if you have to and just do your best.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options

I did this today (my last post I got ahead of myself, that was W2D3) and I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I ran for 3 minutes without wanting to die! Woo hoo! Agree with the slow and steady. You can do it.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W9D3 today!

It was the 12 minute fit test. The last time I did the fit test it was a month ago, and it was on a mostly flat sidewalk, and I had to take several walk breaks. My distance was 1.13 miles.

Today, I ran for the entire 12 minutes in a hilly neighborhood!!! My distance was 1.19 miles. Not technically a huge difference, but my goals were to keep running and not look at the clock. I've never run 12 minutes straight IN MY LIFE!!!!! I think I've finally gotten the hang of taking it easy and not going too fast. So, needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with myself. :smiley:
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's always so exciting to check this thread and see all the progress! It is especially heartening to read the posts from people who have been worried about a stage and then find they blast through it!

I completed my w6d3 today. It was run 3:00, w 3:00, r 18:00. It was a bit of a struggle the last couple of minutes, but I finished!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    W7D2 completed today. Only one more 25 minute run, then up to 28 mins for the runs next week. Already trying to think about what to do when I have finished week 9??? Any suggestions?
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W8D2 completed im ready for the 30 min challenge really need to look up a 5k to run lol