Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am new to mfp and looking for some friends to help keep me accountable. I have read some of this discussion board and you all seem so nice and supportive! I am very excited to join in on all the open-minded, supportive, generally-nice-people fun.

Welcome to the group, it is a great crowd. I have been neglectful the past week or so but I am glad to see how much progress folks are making.

• shiftynj
    Options
    Hoping everyone is enjoying what remains of summer, it ain't over yet! :) I got the SO to walk two miles with me yesterday, and then after the gym I knocked out another one, albeit at a snail's pace, just because it was nice out.
  • kaylarenee8910
    kaylarenee8910 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs this week! And found some detox tea at work. It's a good day.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs this week! And found some detox tea at work. It's a good day.

Cool! I thought I lost my ersatz-Fitbit, but then remembered where I hid it.

I'm really not the only person who talks in here, I swear.
  • kaylarenee8910
    kaylarenee8910 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I believe you. Its the first week of school, everybody is probably busy.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My weight has been going up a bit lately! I've been busy, which means chronic illness prevents me from using my spoons for good food management and exercise, bah.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! Hit two important milestones this last week, hit 20kg lost and BMI below 30 for the first time in *mumble* *mumble* years. Feeling really great about myself this week, especially when I got told I almost have a muscle! ;)
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats @vollans & you too @kaylarenee8910 !! :)

Had another blip at the start of this month but have been trying really hard again this week. Decided to start running as I'll be moving back to uni next week and won't be able to take my bike unfortunately :( I feel super self-conscious running by myself but with the gym closed for bank holiday I thought "f*** it let's do this".

Just got back from my first run in the park and managed 4K in 20 minutes which isn't bad for my first time in god knows how long :blush:
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. It looks like you are doing well! I, also, am doing well!
  • vollans
    Options
    Tacka @ryanp_942. Decided BMI is pants (do I need to lose 13 kilos to be ideal, or 33 kilos? BMI says somewhere in that range) and the body fat scales are useless (24% fat today, over 30% on Sunday, yeah, I've really lost 6 kilos of fat in 3 days...)

So I've booked myself in for a DEXA scan next week to find out how much I really need to lose - and find out how muscle bound I am under all that fat. LOL
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Good morning! Another rainy day on the Texas coast! We always need the rain, so, YEA! About to jump on the treadmill, here at work, then COFFEE!

@ vollans DEXA scan? Wow, things have really progressed since I started my journey in 1985! Hydration is key to getting a more accurate body composition. Keep us posted!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    vollans wrote: »
    Hey! Hit two important milestones this last week, hit 20kg lost and BMI below 30 for the first time in *mumble* *mumble* years. Feeling really great about myself this week, especially when I got told I almost have a muscle! ;)

Congratulations on your milestones! That's fantastic! "You almost have a muscle!" ha ha. :)

My wife and I have booked a trip to Disney World in January -- it's going to be a Christmas surprise for our kids. We've never gone, and I'm getting excited. I read online that the average visitor to DW walks 10 miles a day -- that seems like a lot! And I'm remembering how tired I felt after taking my son to 6 Flags for just one day earlier this summer, which was a much smaller park. So that is motivating me to try to walk as much as I can.
  • stephiecm
    stephiecm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey my first daily check in! I'm Steph and I've been using mfp intermittently for a few months. This time around is my first time fully utilizing it though. But I am so committed to losing my weight. I'm a little discouraged though because it seems to be happening so slowly.

But today is a new day and a great day for weight loss!
  • vollans
    Options
    @sappho123 Wish I'd got one at the beginning as well so I could see the progress. But I have got my especially hideous photos, so that's something. There's a couple of places here in Adelaide that do the scans, and I figured that for $89 (or 3 sessions for $190) it's worth doing if I've got any chance of working out what I'm actually aiming for.

@rebolaugh Yeah, made my day did that comment! And HR came to see me yesterday as they were "concerned" that I'd lost so much weight. Oh boy...
  • loni26
    loni26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    stephiecm wrote: »
    Hey my first daily check in! I'm Steph and I've been using mfp intermittently for a few months. This time around is my first time fully utilizing it though. But I am so committed to losing my weight. I'm a little discouraged though because it seems to be happening so slowly.

But today is a new day and a great day for weight loss!

I know what you mean, takes seconds to put on but weeks to take off. I'm in the same boat, I've been on/off using mfp, but i plan on sticking with i. I'm hoping to push through my " I've had enough of this" cycle.. I know it's coming.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with gender dsyphoria. I am trying to not compare myself to other people. Today was more difficult than usual because I had to get some new clothes.
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Good morning, all! It is a terrific morning! Exercise, then off to work!
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    vollans wrote: »
    Tacka @ryanp_942. Decided BMI is pants (do I need to lose 13 kilos to be ideal, or 33 kilos? BMI says somewhere in that range) and the body fat scales are useless (24% fat today, over 30% on Sunday, yeah, I've really lost 6 kilos of fat in 3 days...)

Having a similar issue myself atm. Just moved back to uni and I'm now using a different set of scales than I have been using over summer at my parents' house. I've tested them against each other a few times and my 'new' scales consistently read 1.25 lbs heavier (so I may feel cheated out of 1.25lbs at my next weigh in!)

The problem is my new student house doesn't seem to have any flat surfaces. In one corner of my room I weigh 138lbs and in another I'm 147lbs! I 'should' be around 142.5lbs (based on being 141.25 this morning at home) so I'm resigning myself to finding a patch of ground that I can trust :blush:
  • vollans
    Options
    I think it's one of those things that you've just got to be consistent. It doesn't matter if it's consistently wrong, as long as it's consistent. The scales do not move an inch in our house to make sure it's as consistent as possible. I read an article recently (wish I could remember where!) where a fitness guy had bought a second identical scale so that he/she could have one at home and one at the holiday home, but there was about 5 or 6kg difference between them. It's not very helpful! Seemingly whilst things like blood pressure monitors have standards to meet and do, scales don't.
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Happy Friday! Looking forward to a long weekend! Have a terrific day!