KISS: Keep It Simple September

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Great goals everyone!
    Today is weigh in day for me and it was 144.6. No more weighing til next Tuesday. All my focus this week is on enjoying a good walk as many days as I can fit it. I started going in the morning instead of evening and I like it much better. I'm also paying attention to and logging water because I don't think I was getting the minimum that I need. And I started out quite well on reducing my sweetener in this mornings coffee. I noticed it wasn't there, but I can deal...
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    My goal is to get in those 5 workouts a week for at least 30 minutes! I tried this back in June but so much in my life was messed up that I couldn't stick to it.
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    My goal is to do some type of activity for at least 30 minutes in addition to taking walks on my breaks at work. :smiley: Also, get back in the groove of tracking all of my food on MFP. I sometimes slack off during the weekends!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    For anyone doing dairy-free, have you tried nutritional yeast? I've heard good things about it, but haven't ever taken the plunge myself...

I have not. Since it's vegan, it breaks my rules. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,379 Member
    My KISS:

Get back to basics: meat, eggs, veg, minimal dairy. Cut the bread and other sugary stuff back out.

Stick to my calories.

Get at least 5k steps per day, preferably 7.5k.

Drink at least 12 cups water daily.

Try to get a minimum of 6hrs sleep every night.

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Keeping it super simple, since I'm 0 for 2 in the challenges I've attempted or thought I would attempt.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Half my post got eaten, sorry!

Logging >/= 5 min exercise daily.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    This goes great with my month of mindfulness!
    My goal is to get back to basics with my eating and my life.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    edited September 2015
    wabmester wrote: »
    My wife wants a bigger house. I told her we just need to get rid of stuff, and the house will seem bigger.

So my simple goal to simplify my life: get rid of at least one thing every single day of September.

If I get desperate, I'll start asking for your addresses so I can send you stuff. :)

Not in for the address send, but I do LOVE this idea and want to use this for September at least. My house is so cluttered that I am one stack away from an episode of Hoarders...lol

I also plan to try to lower my Glucose numbers by cutting down my carb intake at dinner.

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Oh, in the spirit of Simple September. Even though I can't rely on my weird appetite for cues, I have been maintaining for well over 6 months now. It's time I start to try trusting my body. I'm gonna stop tracking this month to see if I can still maintain scale weight and slowly shave off fat at the same time.

I'm fearful. I have been weighing foods meticulously almost 2 years now (oct). I said I was gonna stop tracking in July or Aug, but I kept weighing my stuff. Weighing is autopilot now. Not trusting myself. Weighing has become a crutch. The food scales are not my nanny. I need to ween off it. I'm afraid to gain hardfought lost fat. It might happen. It might not happen. This is not just about weight. This is about emotional scars too. I'm taking a plunge into darkness.

The worst thing that can happen is that I gain a bit and have to re-lose it. The best thing that can happen is that I train myself to self-regulate. It's worth the risk, I hope.
  • glossbones
    I almost had a moment yesterday where I forgot I was going zero carb, and nearly added vegetables to my lunch, but thankfully I realized it and put the stuff back.

Discovered another way I can enjoy coffee while drinking it black, and am really looking forward to more of that. Also loaded up my Toddy cold brew maker last night and can't wait to taste that tonight!
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    I am late! Sorry.

I usually eat very basic and I want to continue with that.

I enjoy planning my meals ahead and cooking and packaging them when I can. I would really like to be more consistent about it.

My scale is hidden and I would like to weigh once a month.

I am trying to walk every day and adding a little bit more every day. I am recovering from spinal surgery, so I want to be consistent, but not over do it.

Drink more water!

Treat myself kindly.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    I am in as well-

seems like we all have the right ideas and motivation get back to basics, tell the scale to go F its self & move more-

lets get ready for the next couple months of holidays- ie food we cant/wont eat LOLOL

Keep Calm and Keto On
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    So far so good. I haven't had my nightly few drinks since Sunday. I wanted one tonight and thought I've done well so far, four days is good, I could probably have one. Instead I decided to just take the sparkling water and pineapple ice drink, and mix without the vodka. Yay me!

Sunday I'm going big time grocery shopping and then I'll be making my meatballs and zucchini lasagna for my week of meals.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    My KISS simple, walk a little more. I'm going to try for the 5k a day again. An extra field at the park or just a few more minutes on the treadmill at the gym should do it for me.

9-1 3325 steps
    9-2 5301 steps :smile:
    9-3 5056 steps :smile:

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    My KISS:

Get back to basics: meat, eggs, veg, minimal dairy. Cut the bread and other sugary stuff back out.

Stick to my calories.

Get at least 5k steps per day, preferably 7.5k.

Drink at least 12 cups water daily.

Thanks @nicsflyingcircus this is my KISS list to a T.
  • glossbones
    First thing I'm noticing is that I'm no longer having trouble staying under my caloric goals, without feeling like I'm denying myself anything! Why do I keep going back to the frankenfoods? (Curiosity for recipes I know, but still!)
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Tuesday Sept 1 8750 Steps
    Wednesday Sept 2 18499
    Thursday Sept 3 7116
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm a little late but I want to join in. My goals for the month are:
    Weigh at 10 day intervals.
    Develop a sustainable fitness regimen
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited September 2015
    I've been meaning to post here since it first went up. Sorry for my lateness. I've been on an egg fast since Sunday, because I'd let things get out of hand and when I replaced my scale batteries I saw the weight going up a tiny bit. Simplicity is good!

KISS Goals/Plan:
    1) Simplify my eating by continuing the egg fast on workdays and regular LCHF on weekends, focusing primarily on meat, eggs, vegetables, and a little dairy on my non-egg-fasting days.
    2) Drink at least 96oz water but preferably 128oz (I have a 32-ounce water bottle and try to empty it 4 times a day).
    3) Take my supplements every single day.
    4) Declutter my finances. I won't go into detail on this.
    :smile:

Expected results:
    1&2) I don't expect to lose as much weight on subsequent egg fasts as I did this first time (I am down 5.6 lbs over 5 days of egg fasting), but I will be happy with a couple pounds a week on average.
    3) Have more energy and fewer undesired symptoms (like muscle cramps, etc.).
    4) To begin to see the light at the end of a very long tunnel and to not be in constant crisis/stress mode, which should substantially improve my relationship with my husband.

Starting Weight:
    September 1 Weight: 189.4
    Today's Weight: 187.4
    I also took measurements yesterday and will be tracking them to see my progress.