KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    After a while

pqgk16i2uckc.jpg
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    Now.

I feel like 10 more pounds or so left to go.

Time will tell.

55as5nx7b7ew.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    After a while

pqgk16i2uckc.jpg

Talk about looking like a different person! I bet people you haven't seen for a while don't even recognize you!
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    They don't

It is kind of cool

I still am adjusting to me

It is a mental and social change

I'm joining a triathlon club. Never thought that would happen

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster I'm really good at seeing faces, but I absolutely can't see you in the before picture at all!

All these beautiful faces full of happiness and health! Guess this means I need to find some face pics. I've studiously avoided being in photos for years. I'm quite good at hiding! A "halfway there" pic right now could be great for comparison later!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @2Poufs When my MIL died suddenly at age 49, and there was a whole discussion about pictures and who had them and didn't and the fact that she was significantly overweight but never avoided being in pics with family because she was just so happy! Then a good friend passed on from NAFLD, (She was in her early 30's at the oldest) and she'd been heavy so long, I literally had one picture of her that I ran across completely by accident!

Her children didn't have any pictures either, it made it hard for them to grieve and made their loss seem more intense because they literally had no reminders left. It took this kind of jolt for me to realize that my family saw me exactly how I was, regardless of whether I allowed pictures or not, and it hurt me MORE to think of them without pictures of me for memories should the words happen (Gods forbid), and I realized how SELFISH I was being to rob them of memories we shared just because I didn't like my reflection. I was who I was, and avoiding pictures did not change that.

I think that was a pivotal realization and acceptance that started me mental changes to get me where I am today. I am not saying that this applies to anyone else, but my fear of being in pictures and having to recognize and accept what I had done to myself physically or allowed to happen to me was the projection of my selfishness at not wanting to SEE what I had done. I was avoiding accepting reality, and robbing my family of ME... I had to get over all that before I could get healthier...

I sincerely hope no one has to go through this kind of loss to realize something like this, and I hope everyone else's reasons for avoiding pictures aren't the same as mine were, but remember, a picture is just a snapshot of time. It doesn't lie, it doesn't poke fun, it doesn't hurt us. It is our interpretation that does. I'd rather my family have a ton of photos of me at my heaviest, because that is how they knew me then...than for them to have nothing of me when I'm gone...
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss You're right and many of your reasons are my reasons. My sister is the pretty one, and she's never let me forget it in 45 years, and I'm the smart one. Pictures are just a reminder of my sister being a jerk. But I hate the thought that there won't be many pics when I'm gone, at least nothing where I'm not acting the fool! Yep, that's pretty selfish.

I really like putting faces to names, but I haven't done that for you guys and that kinda makes me a tool. So...

i4d746m3lto7.jpg

Although I'm not getting rid of Abby (my coffee cup) as an avatar. Not for a while. Baby steps!
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Photo on the left was 40 pounds ago ...

1pn37vird8om.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss You're right and many of your reasons are my reasons. My sister is the pretty one, and she's never let me forget it in 45 years, and I'm the smart one. Pictures are just a reminder of my sister being a jerk. But I hate the thought that there won't be many pics when I'm gone, at least nothing where I'm not acting the fool! Yep, that's pretty selfish.

I really like putting faces to names, but I haven't done that for you guys and that kinda makes me a tool. So...

i4d746m3lto7.jpg

Although I'm not getting rid of Abby (my coffee cup) as an avatar. Not for a while. Baby steps!

This is amazing. Honestly, you look younger and healthier now than your motivation picture!!! Bah humbug on jealous siblings. She only rubbed it in because she felt inferior to you that whole time!! Remember that...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KaseyDH83 wrote: »

1pn37vird8om.jpg

I simply cannot get over the fact that most of us look like our own sons and daughters from then to now!!!! It is crazy how much younger and healthier we all look!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Before

jxd3lny1pucv.jpg

That's you? Really? I barely believe it. You've done great work!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

i4d746m3lto7.jpg

Wow! You've come a long way. You look really good. Reverse aging....

1pn37vird8om.jpg

Big difference! :) your whole look is so much brighter.
  • KittensMaster
    Options

i4d746m3lto7.jpg

Your progress pic looks great!

You have indeed reversed time and gotten younger
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    These are so wonderful--not only because of the progress we all have made but also because it's nice to put faces to names and avatars. You are all beautiful people--were before and are now! <3
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster, you have totally reinvented yourself!! Inspiring! Congrats on all that hard work!!
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

1pn37vird8om.jpg

I simply cannot get over the fact that most of us look like our own sons and daughters from then to now!!!! It is crazy how much younger and healthier we all look!

Interesting take on that.

This is a feel good thread

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Those are some beautiful unmasked faces.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've also been stunned at how different people look. Even people still journeying to their goal. Holy cow people! There are some total transformations. I also see some great attitude changes and people rocking a whole new look. Way to go guys!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    There are so many great transformations already and yet many of us haven't even reached our goal yet! That just means we get to share another transformation in the months ahead! I can't wait to see how we all continue to progress!