Replies

• terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday WK1D2 did great! Loved it.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    W7D2 completed today. Only one more 25 minute run, then up to 28 mins for the runs next week. Already trying to think about what to do when I have finished week 9??? Any suggestions?

Bridge to 10k, you know you want to run faster and longer!! More seriously enter a race or too, just to provide a purpose to your new found skill. They should be fun, join in with other people who are just as nervous about it as you.

Have fun and well done on your progress.

• allyj128
    allyj128 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just did w1d1! This is my second time doing it so it felt fairly easy. I was nervous going in; haven't been able to run for 6 months after some scary medical stuff. But it went well and I have some confidence going into my training schedule!!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    sfinsc wrote: »
    @joy4strength Awesome job!! I start W3D1 on Friday, and am a bit nervous about the 3-minute run sessions...any tips?

I did this today (my last post I got ahead of myself, that was W2D3) and I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I ran for 3 minutes without wanting to die! Woo hoo! Agree with the slow and steady. You can do it.

Thank you, thank you, all of you who responded!! Now I'm more psyched than nervous to go do this tomorrow. :)
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W8-3. Today kind of sucked. I may have been able to keep going at the end, but it would've been out of stubbornness more than anything :persevere:

Hopefully next week will be a little better. I seem to do better on the weekend run, so at least it should start off well :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished W8-3. Today kind of sucked. I may have been able to keep going at the end, but it would've been out of stubbornness more than anything :persevere:

Hopefully next week will be a little better. I seem to do better on the weekend run, so at least it should start off well :)

Sometimes that what it takes to get through. Good job!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    stubbornness is the only thing that gets me thru some days.

i love seeing all the people excited about running.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 finished. Took it outside again. Did a total of 4.25 miles in 60:21 minutes. 5k time of 41:10. Week 4 will be a challenge. We are vacationing in the mountains next week. Not sure I will be able to handle them. I am a flat-lander.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yesterday WK1D2 did great! Loved it.

Good job! Just remember that feeling. At times, that is the only thing that gets me out the door. I know how good it feels when it is done. :)
  • sfinsc
    Options
    I did it! W3D1 was not nearly as hard as I imagined, and in fact, I was able to pick up my pace quite a bit from what I've been doing! I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the longer jogging time. :) So relieved and excited!
  • TurquoiseViolet
    TurquoiseViolet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W8D2 done -- ran 3.17 miles in a really hot and extremely humid day! But, excited about completing the program.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. It was pretty humid here too and I had already taken the dog for a long walk. I did okay, but the last jog and walk sections the pace declined considerably. Feels good to have done it though and now I'm ready to go to a BBQ with plenty of calories to spend!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 day 3 today!! I went extremely slow and didn't die. :)
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    As per the programme, well done

• AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    W5D1 - Done! Legs are sore, but there is a sense of accomplishment. :smile:
  • sfinsc
    Options

Woo hoo!!! Good for you!! I did W3D2 today--what a great feeling of accomplishment!
  • maniahum
    maniahum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    W4D2 finished! I cant beleive Im doing 5 minute runs. Wasnt so easy today I didnt sleep well last night. My gym partner and I might redo this week to prepare for week 5.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Week 7, Day 1 completed, but a hard hard run. I think the heat does me in. Even though I ran at 8:30 pm, it's still about 30' here. Just yuck. Fortunately, it supposed to cool off by Tuesday or Wednesday, so hopefully that will help, as my next run includes a 20 min interval!
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W9-1, and felt pretty good today. I am so close to the end! Though my pace is slow enough I think I'm going to have to take an extra week or two to reach a full 5K in the run interval. That's okay, though. I can't believe I've made it this far :)

Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Sometimes that what it takes to get through. Good job!
    moyer566 wrote: »
    stubbornness is the only thing that gets me thru some days.

It's coming in quite handy!