Replies

• cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    W3D3 completed this morning to beat the heat! I can't believe I've made it this far and I want to keep going!

Everyone is doing so well, way to go. Keep it up, but be careful of the heat out there.
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on w2d1 today. I got this!! B)
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed this morning! I thought me being able to complete the first one was a fluke, but I did it again! Yaaay! Prior to this, the only running I think I've ever done was running from my neighbors dog. Happy but sore!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Completed C25K today, W8D3. Any ideas about how to keep motivation to running? I have a 5k race on the 27th. Does any one have suggestions about how to train from now until then? Run 5ks every other day? Run more? less? any suggestion will be helpful.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    every one is doing so well.

@snha you can keep running 5k if you want and focus maybe on distance/time improvement. There is also a 10k version of it. I'm currently on week 12 day 2-running it tomorrow. I use the one from zen labs as that's the c25k i used. Or I see that RunKeeper, you can make your own workouts including with intervals
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    Completed C25K today, W8D3. Any ideas about how to keep motivation to running? I have a 5k race on the 27th. Does any one have suggestions about how to train from now until then? Run 5ks every other day? Run more? less? any suggestion will be helpful.

If you plan to increase your distance to a 10k, you could move right into a Bridge to 10k plan. Otherwise, keep running 3 or 4 days a week 2-4 miles at a time. You might throw in some speed intervals or hill repeats one day a week.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I had so much fun over the holiday weekend and worked in a lot of walking, hiking, and swimming. But, I didn't have time to do my Sun and Mon run days. Anyone have issues keeping to their schedule? I've gotta play catch up this week!
  • snha
    Options
    @moyer566 and @Just_Ceci Thanks for the info. I will try to run 3-4 miles 3 to 4 times a day and after the race will do the Bridge to 10K plan--I also followed the Zen Labs c25k, so, it makes sense to continue with that.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W9-2 today. Minor pace increase, but I felt it >_< Oh well. One to go!

Completed C25K today, W8D3.

Yay! Good job :smiley:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I had so much fun over the holiday weekend and worked in a lot of walking, hiking, and swimming. But, I didn't have time to do my Sun and Mon run days. Anyone have issues keeping to their schedule? I've gotta play catch up this week!
    Don't play catchup! Just get back on schedule, if your weeks now start on Wed, then be it. At this point running more than 3 times a week is still asking for an injury.
    @moyer566 and @Just_Ceci Thanks for the info. I will try to run 3-4 miles 3 to 4 times a day and after the race will do the Bridge to 10K plan--I also followed the Zen Labs c25k, so, it makes sense to continue with that.
    I hope you mean 3-4 times a week ;) Otherwise that sounds like a good plan :) Maybe not 4 times a week every week to begin with though.

• frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Completed week 8 day 3 now to find a 5K that fits my crazy schedule
  • mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    W3D2 is now in the books.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Don't worry about "catching up", just move on to the next day, keeping your rest day in between. You've got this!
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    W5D3 today. i really wanted to do the 20 mins without stopping but half way through i went to get my water out of my bag and got all tangled in my headphones so had to stop to untangle, haha. found it hard to get going again after that and then slowed to a walk for a min or so before getting back. all in all tho i reckon i was running for at least 16 of the 20 mins so am proud. also after the cooldown i felt like i was ready to run again and not fall over and die, lol.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    You guys! I did W4D1 today and I ran for 5 minutes straight. Twice!
  • snha
    Options
    @katharmonic excellent job. It feels great, doesn't it?
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    Don't play catchup! Just get back on schedule, if your weeks now start on Wed, then be it. At this point running more than 3 times a week is still asking for an injury.
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Don't worry about "catching up", just move on to the next day, keeping your rest day in between. You've got this!

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps my mistake was planning for a specific 5K in November. I don't want to get off schedule because I want to be prepared! I ended up skipping Sun's run then did Mon's run on Tues, and then Wed's regular run. So I'm back on schedule and I've only missed one day. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    W5D3 today. i really wanted to do the 20 mins without stopping but half way through i went to get my water out of my bag and got all tangled in my headphones so had to stop to untangle, haha. found it hard to get going again after that and then slowed to a walk for a min or so before getting back. all in all tho i reckon i was running for at least 16 of the 20 mins so am proud. also after the cooldown i felt like i was ready to run again and not fall over and die, lol.

lol
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Me! I skipped four days in a row because of work schedule issues and bad thunderstorms. I could really feel my energy flagging, too. I went this morning and it feels like a pressure valve was loosened! :)