Any bike riders out there up for a mini challenge?

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    @shangates92 Grimm was very interesting today...nasty worm creature was both male and female...creepy!!

Chris
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Ended up working all day today....so rest day it is. Back at it tomorrow
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at a couple of days of no rides. But I will work our other ways. Bootcamp and walking.
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    So shocker this morning....did a lil ride this a.m. Managed 10.50 miles. But the shocker part is that according to my app I have actually ridden for 111 miles this month!
    Quick math says if I work hard I may make my 200 mile goal. We'll see......

August Goal: 200
    Miles to date: 111
  • mommyknits
    Options
    So shocker this morning....did a lil ride this a.m. Managed 10.50 miles. But the shocker part is that according to my app I have actually ridden for 111 miles this month!
    Quick math says if I work hard I may make my 200 mile goal. We'll see......

August Goal: 200
    Miles to date: 111

Way awesome!!! You've done quite a lot. That's great. You can do it.

• cpanus
    Options
    @shangates92 -- You got the 200...hang in there!

I managed 12.18 recumbent miles today and some Grimm!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got it done really early today!

Managed 11.00 miles and an episode of Grimm!! Sure makes the time fly!
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    15 miles today....in the sun and against the dang wind on the way back. How come you don't even notice the wind when it's at your back???????
  • cpanus
    Options
    REST DAY for me! :D
  • mommyknits
    Options
    No riding for me so far this week. :-( At work every day, busy every evening and the weekend forecast looks really wet. I guess I do have to start prepping to hit that spin bike downstairs at lunch but while it's nice, I want to walk at lunch.
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    Almost forgot to post today.....I've been really crabby and not sleeping well.
    11 miles today
  • cpanus
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I managed 11.00 miles on the recumbent bike and an episode of Grimm!!

Chris
  • CompM
    CompM Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A little worried about this Sunday because I've had to skip a couple of regular rides this week due to my homework load (I refuse to fall behind this term). Luckily, I now have the short commute from our house to the university, so I'm at least getting a 20-25 minute ride in every weekday. It's just not as much as I need, and it doesn't take long for peak cycling fitness to decline from what I hear.

After Sunday, my off/recovery week will be spent planning on how to realistically schedule winter training in the midst of all my activities. It may involve getting up at 5 a.m. to be able to fit trainer sessions in as needed :/ especially when the weather turns south and with precious family time being non-negotiable.
  • mommyknits
    Options
    @CompM you are, obviously, training at a much higher level than I am but I think it's great that you are making a plan on how to fit in winter training. This past summer has been most awesome for me and I've done well and I've stayed motivated but starting September 8, it will all be so much more of a challenge. I've already not ridden my bike all week because I've been driving my daughter to and from dance etc and this weekend promises to be our first rain soaked weekend in what seems like months so I probably won't ride this weekend either. My job will be crazy busy, the days will get shorter and our rainy west coast weather will settle back in. So, I've also been carefully looking at my schedule trying to find those days when I can carve out time for the workouts. And when I started replacing my 5pm Bootcamp workouts with the early morning Bootcamp workouts in the summer saying I could only manage those during the summer.... well, I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I will have to be really organized with making the kids' school lunches the night before and still stick with those morning work outs. I know it will be really challenging but I hope that with a realistic plan, I can keep the momentum going and survive those dark/wet months of fall/winter.
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    Wow....ok so maybe I'm glad I live in the south, afterall! I haven't had to think about how I will have to adjust my riding or whatever exercise I will be doing by the time 'winter' gets here. I honestly assume (and yea I know what they say about assuming) I'll just be able to keep riding. Am I wrong??!! You might as well just lock me up if I have to give up yet another thing I have truly grown to enjoy!

@CompM Go crush it on Sunday! Your good even if you have missed a cpl of training rides. Trust the work you have put in. I can say this as I ran the New Orleans RNR and I wasn't able to get all my training runs in or do my taper runs as I should have. That advice was given to me as I was crazy scared I hadn't done enough training. Just have fun and finish without any injuries, please!

@mommyknits even though the kids are going back to school and life is about to get chaotic...don't give up and drop off MFP. You doing good right now. You find a grove....keep your goals in mind at all times.
  • mommyknits
    Options
    So I haven't ridden in almost 2 weeks. :-( Days are getting shorter and last weekend was a total wipe out.... we had major rain and a totally wicked wind storm that knocked out power for almost 3 days. Lots of tree debris all over the roads, too. It just wasn't a great situation. Very unusual late August weather for us, too.

So for this upcoming long weekend, I'm planning on a couple of rides. One I'll be heading out on my own.... my family doesn't seem to want to join so I'm off on my own. The other one, I hope to meet up with a friend. For my "solo" ride, I'm thinking that I'm going to drive the bike down to this *kitten* trail that goes ocean side. It's packed gravel. I've never ridden it but it's supposed to be awesome for views etc. I don't live too far off.

This is all after house cleaning Saturday morning and finding the time to actually go out and buy school supplies. :-) I don't think I've ever left the school supply shopping this late.
  • cpanus
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I got 12.0 miles done on the recumbent bike today...oh, and some Grimm!! Will try to do the same tomorrow.

Chris
  • mommyknits
    Options
    Went on a 19km ride (12 mile) yesterday. Was a great day for riding and one of my longer distances yet. Slowly building up:

21061650169_90568f19e1.jpgFort Langley Ride by Creations by Uli, on Flickr
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm curious....seeing your picture, you have the fingerless gloves on...one of my problems with biking is that my hands tend to go tingly and numb from the pressure of holding my upper body up. Do the gloves help with that, or are they for something else?
  • mommyknits
    Options
    ewoksrule3 wrote: »
    I'm curious....seeing your picture, you have the fingerless gloves on...one of my problems with biking is that my hands tend to go tingly and numb from the pressure of holding my upper body up. Do the gloves help with that, or are they for something else?

they are cycling gloves and yes, that is one of the things they are supposed to help with. I prefer going out on the bike with them on. They are padded in the palms and absorb some shock, too.