Where is everyone from?

Options

Replies

• PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lutz,Fl a bit North of Tampa. My profile is Honeymoon Island a beautiful beach if you are in the area. Very old Florida. Can easily walk or run 7 or 8 miles around trails and the island. Watch for rattlesnakes this is truly old Florida. So very pretty.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For the past 20 years I've lived in Columbia, Missouri, a relatively small city in the center of the state. This is the home of the flagship campus of the University of Missouri. The weather has been unsettled, weeks of heat and humidity followed by very mild, perfect weather. Fall and Spring are great here - Summer and winter, not so much.

I grew up in the greater New York Area and spent most of my adulthood (so far) in New Rochelle.
  • auntneen
    auntneen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    South Jersey -surrounded by farmland right between Philadelphia and Atlantic City.
  • DebraWilliams1
    DebraWilliams1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Upstate NY
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Northeast Pennsylvania -- coal country, home of Yuengling (I prefer the ice cream to the beer).
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I think all of us northerners need a special support group when the cold weather hits. I'm worried about how to keep active once it gets really cold. I always start gaining in the winter, I don't want to lose all the progress I've made.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Decatur, All right by Huntsville home of Space Camp
  • auntneen
    auntneen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think all of us northerners need a special support group when the cold weather hits. I'm worried about how to keep active once it gets really cold. I always start gaining in the winter, I don't want to lose all the progress I've made.

Agreed! Winter is a slippery slope!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and I wore socks for the first time this month today. I love summer and I'm sad to see it go. I have very few clothes that still fit me, need to buy some warmer clothes, having lost 53 pounds since this time last year! We have 4 distinct seasons here and some of the leaves are already falling ....
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bucks county, PA. Relocated from europe last year, love it here
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Extreme southeast Mississippi! Come on Fall!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Toronto, Ontario--but have lived in Tokyo for the past 20 years, and Lexington, KY for 9 before that, and 5 in Tokyo before that. Have lived longer outside Canada now!
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A little one stop light town called Floyd, Virginia.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    NY/NJ border...past places GA (ATL), VA, NY (Albany, Rochester), OH, PA (PIT)...East Coaster for life
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ea101367 wrote: »
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada and Fall is here. Leaves already on the ground!

I'm in Calgary, Alberta. Our leaves are falling too and frost keeps threatening. Thank goodness that snow and frost in August didn't kill my tomatoes. :)

Fall is on hold the next couple of days though. It's supposed to hit 25-28C, which is hot for July never mind September.
  • susanofarrell
    susanofarrell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Atlanta, Georgia girl here. Glad to meet everyone!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I live in the interior of BC Canada.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wake Forest, NC, just north of Raleigh.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm Mike and I live on Canada's west coast in Vancouver, British Columbia.

@carom We've been studying your earthquake (I'm involved in emergency preparedness) as our region is seismically active. Hard to believe it's already been five years.