Leslie Sansone October 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The October Walk Challenge starts soon, so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the crisp cool days of Autumn. For those who are enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those of us who live where 90+ degrees will remain for another month or so the DVDs are awesome when it is impossible to get up with the sun to squeeze in a quick, cooler walk early in the morning.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into October 2015!

Let us strong!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am going to stay at 100 miles even with the weather changing. Walk strong friends!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning - Happy October everyone!!! Beautiful here today - forecast is for +18 C. So outside I go... lots of fall yard work to do yet and I want to head out with my camera and get some fall pictures.

My goal will be 120 miles and 15 over 10,000 steps. Curling will start in November and I will need to have the strength in my legs.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    6/100 I golfed this morning and walked 6 miles
  • Pcramer
    Pcramer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a new member to this group :)

I'm a long time Leslie fan and restarting my weight loss again after a rough 9 months and a 40 pound weight gain. I'm one of those who must do cardio or I will gain weight.... lol

My goal for October is 100 miles, mostly doing DVDs as weather cools off I will try to sneak in some outdoor walks.

Today I did Walk It Off and Tone It Up - 5 miles

Looking forward to getting know everyone!!
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm setting my goal for 50 miles this month.
    Welcome Pcramer, wishing you positive results on your weight loss.
  • khamlin09
    khamlin09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this group. I have a lot of Leslie's DVD's and recently bought the Walk it Off in 30 days set. I started it today. So far loved it! Weekends I try to go on hikes with my husband and dog. Glad to have found this group!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in! I quit my job today. It was causing a lot of stress in my life because they kept messing with my schedule. I was hired to work days and they kept slipping nights into my schedule. I just decided I had enough and walked out today. I had 2 jobs so now down to the 1 that makes me happy. I will look for another job at the beginning of the year but need a mental break and to get back to me time. I will be going for 150 miles again this month.

10/1

5 miles with Leslie today
    5 miles total with Leslie

3 miles outside
    3 miles total outside

8 miles total / goal 150 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    I am in! I quit my job today. It was causing a lot of stress in my life because they kept messing with my schedule. I was hired to work days and they kept slipping nights into my schedule. I just decided I had enough and walked out today. I had 2 jobs so now down to the 1 that makes me happy. I will look for another job at the beginning of the year but need a mental break and to get back to me time. I will be going for 150 miles again this month.

10/1

5 miles total with Leslie

3 miles outside
    3 miles total outside

8 miles total / goal 150 miles

Enough is enough....good for you! Here's to cutting out that stress and taking care of yourself. Walk strong...150 miles...WOW!

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in and have the same goal since I did not meet it last month by 4 lousy miles!

Goal-4 miles/day! I am determined!

10/1 Vivofit Tracked-4.0 miles=total miles 4.0 :laugh:

I laughed when I checked my Vivofit this morning for yesterday. It is co-operating with me!

Bandit I am so sorry about your job, but this is a huge problem my students have as well. They will set their class schedule around the times their employer says they need them to work and then 2-3 weeks into the semester, the employer changes all their hours on them and they either have to drop their classes or quit. It is hard to see how this benefits anyone. Good for you for taking care if you! Stress will kill us faster than fat so who needs it!

Lilymay Looks like we are both chasing the same "carrot' this month! :laugh: Enjoy Curling!

Welcome Pcramer! So glad you found us and good start on your 100 mile goal!!! I love the 5 mile Walk It Off Tone It Up video. I wish Leslie would make some new ones using the firm bands. They are a nice break from weights.

Welcome khamlin! Where do you go hiking? I ask because I hike the Adirondack Mountains in NY every summer. Hiking is my passion-fresh air, nature and lots of trees is the perfect way to exercise! :wink:

Great to see you back again lreuter! Conquer that Walk Slim Fast and Firm 4 really big miles this month and you will rack up 50 miles in no time!

I do not know how you do it Pinky! Month after month over 120 miles! Amazing!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • TigerSunStorm
    TigerSunStorm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to walk consistently on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I am just getting back into exercising and have fibromyalgia so my doctor told me to take it slowly. I can do a 1 mile walk and sometimes a 2 mile walk if I'm feeling strong. Maybe next month I can walk 5 days a week.

I wish everyone the best of luck completing your goals for the month. :)
  • zichab
    Options

10/1 Vivofit Tracked-4.0 miles=total miles 4.0
    10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles

TigerSunstorm-3 days a week is really perfect, especially with your health issue. The beauty of 3 days a week is that if you are hurting on Friday and feel good Saturday, you can just walk on Saturday instead! As you get stronger, just increase your miles rather than your days, as I suspect you will need the rest days to control your fibromyalgia. You are doing fine! Enjoy your miles and your strong days!! :smile:

• Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    First time/try here. And a bit late :-)

Anyway, my goal is 20km/week = 80km/months.

I rather start "slowly" and see where it leads me.

Today I did 3km
  • Kathy28412
    Kathy28412 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'd like to join this group too. I have been walking using Leslie's DVDs for years.
    I'll set my goal for this month at 75 miles.
    I did walk 2.86 miles yesterday.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Walked 2 miles today with the evil Debbie Rocker. She talks even more than Leslie. But I don't think Leslie has anything to worry about, she's still the queen of walking in my book.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    10/2

10 miles total with Leslie

6 miles outside
    9 miles total outside

19 miles total / goal 150 miles

It feels wonderful not having the stress of the other job anymore. I didn't realize how much stress I was under until I woke up this morning with a sense of calm. I loved working at the vet hospital but not the evening shift, I didn't get home till 1 am and then they expected me back at 6, nope can't do it!

So good to see so many new faces, I love Leslies walks, hoping to try the new tone one this weekend.

Thanks for all your support!
  • TigerSunStorm
    TigerSunStorm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles

TigerSunstorm-3 days a week is really perfect, especially with your health issue. The beauty of 3 days a week is that if you are hurting on Friday and feel good Saturday, you can just walk on Saturday instead! As you get stronger, just increase your miles rather than your days, as I suspect you will need the rest days to control your fibromyalgia. You are doing fine! Enjoy your miles and your strong days!! :smile:

Thank you. I have gotten the fibromyalgia mostly under control by changing my eating habits. I still have some pain. But it's tolerable enough that I am going back to work. The doctor that diagnosed me said exercising five days a week is doable, but to work up to it slowly. I managed two miles today!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    October Goals - 120 miles -15 over 10,000

Oct 1 - 6.1 miles - 13458 steps (1/15)
    Oct 2 - 4.9 miles - 10829 steps (2/15)

I made past all the Halloween candy in Wal-Mart yesterday!! yeah!!

Will need to find my little mittens for my walk today, by by nice weather - hello winter!!
  • zichab
    Options

10/2 Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles :-1: I cannot seem to get my the work done for my online classes and get past 3 miles! :grumble: =7.0 total miles

Welcome neonbeige and Kathy28412! We are glad you found us and good luck meeting your goals!

Lilymay Part of me is so excited for winter. I love winter foods, walking in a snow storm and the beauty of freshly fallen snow. But since I have lost so much weight, I am freezing most of the time, so I am not looking forward to the cold! :laugh:

Welcome back AnnofB. We missed you! :smile:

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    12/100 I golfed 18 holes and walked 6 miles this morning.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am setting my goal to 40 miles this month.

Finally got my butt in gear and did 40 minute walk (3 miles)

3 Miles <3